It's Just Sad

The Next Door

Luhan walked over to Baekhee and sat beside her. “Yah, what are you laughing about?” He asked; a hint of jealousy in his voice.

 

“Kyungsoo. He’s just so cute without trying. I mean look at him. He’s so squishy and cute and huggable. And look at those plump lips. Imagine kissi-” Luhan slammed the table, unable to control himself any longer. Baekhee looked at him, shocked.

 

“What has gotten into you?”

 

“What has gotten into you? You’re describing my brother like you’re gonna be married to him tomorrow!” He yelled. You are supposed to describe me like you’re gonna lose me, and not Kyungsoo, you idiot. Luhan stood up, and dragged Baekhee out of classroom and to some secluded place in the school.

 

“Luhan! Where are you going? Class starts in a few minutes!” Baekhee exclaimed. She was panicking; she never skipped any classes, and skipping would mean detention.

 

***

 

Back in the classroom, everyone was whispering about Luhan and Baekhee. “Where do you think they would have gone?” “Are they dating?” “They’re most likely skipping lessons.” And there were also another type of response. “Ah, if only Luhan could grab my arm like that.” “That doesn’t deserve a good man like Luhan.” “I’d kill just to skip lessons with Luhan.”

 

Baekhyun looked around, and turned to Kris. “Hyung, do you think they’re really dating?”

 

“Nonsense. If they were dating, Luhan would have told us earlier.”

 

Kyungsoo shuffled his feet, biting on his lips till he could taste the iron from his blood. Jongin looked at his beloved hyung, a little shaken from his response. “Kyungsoo hyung! What’s wrong?” He shook his hyung by the shoulder, and turned Kyungsoo around to face him.

 

“I heard Luhan referring to me when he shouted at Baekhee. I-I’m worried and scared. I don’t want to be involved in someone’s argument. What if I’m the reason for their friendship to fall apart?” Kyungsoo looked at Jongin with wide eyes. Jongin chuckled and hugged his hyung tightly.

 

“Hyung, you worry too much. Maybe Luhan might talk to you about it when you two get home or something. I’ll be here if you need anything.” He smiled softly and patted Kyungsoo’s back.

 

***

 

Baekhee tried to loosen Luhan’s grip on her wrist, but he just applied more pressure on it. He wasn’t sure of where he was going, but he was sure that there has to be a secluded place in the school. At least one. He looked around; the only place was under the stairs. It was dusty as hell, but he had no choice. Luhan yanked Baekhee’s hand, signaling for her to sit beside him.

 

“What’s your relationship with my brother?”

 

“He’s my oppa, and I’m his noona. Why? Are you jealous?”

 

Luhan took in a deep breath and shouted, “Yeah! I’m jealous! Can’t you tell? All the time, I’ve been looking out for you. I’ve been trying to make you jealous by flirting with other girls, but looks like it’s the other way round. What do you even see in my brother?”

 

“Well, he’s nice.” Am I not nice enough for you? “He treats me with respect.” Do I not treat you with respect? “His voice is freaking melodic.” Is my voice not nice enough for you? “Last but not least, he’s patient with me. He doesn’t lash out at me; he doesn’t interfere with my personal life; he doesn’t give me an attitude and he doesn’t get jealous when I talk to other boys.” Am I not patient with you? Do I lash out at you? I might have interfered with your personal life and become jealous, but that’s all part of being a human. Don’t you get it? I’m in love with you, Baekhee. I love you. It’s just sad to see that you’ll never return the feelings I have for you.

 

Baekhee wasn’t done yet, but Luhan had already gotten up to leave the place. He dusted his pants and walked back to class. “B-but, I don’t have any feelings for him. And I think I’m starting to get fond of you, Luhan.” She mumbled. What she said shocked Baekhee herself. She had never fallen in love, but Luhan. Luhan was someone different. She enjoyed making him jealous, and in the process, she herself was falling for him. It’s just sad that you might never hear those words from me.

 

***

 

Well this is a record. XD Another chapter in nearly less than 24 hours or so. ^^ Hopefully this is angsty enough for you guys looooooool. I’m using my reading experience from all those angst fanfics, so don’t blame me. I will make it even more angsty later on, but it might seem average for you guys. Just leave a message on my wall or comment your opinion on this chapter, and maybe on how I can make future chapters angstier or something lol. I don’t mind harsh comments; it will definitely help me in making this story better for you guys. :) I can receive negative response well, so really. I need your comments. See you mushrooms next week! ^_^

 

-Hajir