First Day of The Term (Pt. 2)

The Next Door

After homeroom, Baekhee got up for her next class when Kyungsoo stopped her. “You’re supposed to show us around the school remember? And how are we supposed to get to our next class when you haven’t even started our very own school tour?” He smirked at her. Baekhee sighed and looked at their timetables. Slowly but surely, her eyes widened to the size of saucers. No. ing. Way. Luhan and Kyungsoo had the exact timetables as her, meaning that they’ll be in all her classes. Baekhee nearly had another mental breakdown right there and then, but she managed to control herself. She took a deep breath before speaking. “Both of you will be in the same class as me for the entire year. I expected you two be in the second bottom class, as that’s where they put the newbies who come to the school in the middle of the year. But I guess you’re lucky.”

 

Luhan and Kyungsoo nodded and packed their stuff before following Baekhee to the next class, which was, according to the timetable, was biology. Golly. My favourite lesson. Luhan scoffed to himself. His brother, though, was the total opposite of him. Kyungsoo was the type of nerd you would find in the library, but he would prefer to stay at home and study there.

 

As they walked on, some female students squealed upon seeing the brothers, giving them the best smiles they could. Kyungsoo bowed slightly and gave them a small smile. The girls squealed even more, fanning themselves and spazzing over how cute the smile was. “Yah, I can do better than that. Watch and learn from your hyung!” Luhan whispered to Kyungsoo.

 

Luhan smirked playfully at one of the girls, and chuckled, sending them blushing and fanning even more. “Do you need a piece of tissue? You won’t look good with sweat rolling down your face.” Luhan offered it to a student. Lee Hyoyoung. He read her nametag. “And your name must be Hyoyoung?” She blushed even more and nodded. And he, being the ‘gentleman’ he was, help her dry the beads of perspiration. Hyoyoung’s face was a tomato; anyone could see the red glow radiating off the face within a couple of kilometers radius.

 

Luhan smiled and threw the used tissue into the dustbin before joining the waiting Baekhee and Kyungsoo. “Hyung! You were amazing back there! I mean look at her! She looks as if she’s gonna faint at any moment!” Luhan turned his head, smirked again at Hyoyoung and looked at Kyungsoo. “Nah, I’m just playing around with her.” Upon hearing it, Baekhee rolled her eyes. She had this weird feeling in her, but she was unable to describe it. “Oh, so someone is already jealous?” She whipped her head back and stared at Luhan.

 

“Why would I be jealous?”

 

“Because it’s not everyday that a handsome guy like me flirts with a girl.”

 

“You should probably look carefully in the mirror before complimenting yourself.”

 

“Hwang Baekhee, just admit it. You’re jealous that I’m not flirting with you.”

 

“For the last time, I am not jealous. Say another word of me being jealous and I kick your balls so hard, you’ll be limping.”

 

“Gosh, you’re so easy to tease, don’t you know that?” Luhan chuckled softly. Baekhee rolled her eyes again. “And once again, this teacher is worse than Ms Choi. He’s so bad, I don’t bother memorizing his name.” The bell for the next lesson to start rang just as the trio stepped it. Luhan scanned the room before noticing a familiar face. “Sehun?!”

 

The said male looked up at the person calling his name. “Luhan hyung!” Sehun ran towards Luhan and exchanged fist bumbs before smiling widely. “Hyung, you study here now?” Luhan nodded and smiled. Sehun looked at the smaller boy behind Luhan.

 

“And he is…?”

 

“Oh, he’s my brother. Yah, how can you forget?!” Luhan flicked Sehun’s forehead. Sehun bowed apologetically to Kyungsoo. “Sorry, I forgot about you. I guess I have a goldfish’s memory.” “It’s alright. I’m used to it.” Sehun laughed awkwardly before turning to Luhan for help to steer the conversation somewhere else. 

 

“Man, it has been a long time since I saw you! Looks like Sehunnie has grown up well without me, eh?”

 

Sehun shook his head vigorously and pouted. “No way! When you returned to China, I missed you so badly I cried for weeks. Never would I have expected you to come back to Korea and study in the same high school as me.”

 

Luhan rubbed his neck nervously. “Well, I actually came back two years ago. But I lost your email and number, so I couldn’t contact you.”

 

Baekhee looked at the interaction between Luhan and Sehun. “Sorry to interrupt. But Sehun oppa, you know Luhan?”

 

“How come you call him oppa but not me?” It was Luhan’s turn to pout. Sehun laughed loudly and nodded at Baekhee. “Come on; let’s secure the last row of seats before anyone else takes them! I have so many friends to introduce you to!”

 


At the end of the lesson, Luhan, Kyungsoo and Baekhee had already made new friends. There were 9 of them; Kris, Yixing, Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae, Joonmyun, Minseok and Tao. It was a pain in the neck memorizing all their names, but finally Baekhee took notice of some of the boys in class because of Sehun. Thanks to Sehun, Baekhee also made another new friend, Luna.

 

Baekhee hugged Sehun and smiled at him. “Thanks. You know, for helping me make new friends. But why didn’t you tell me you had hot friends like them?” Baekhee gestured to the 9 guys and smirked. “You should have told me earlier, rather than just sitting at the back of the class and listening to the teacher.” Sehun joked.

 

What both of them didn’t know was Luhan was watching them, watching Baekhee hug his childhood friend. And what Luhan didn’t know was that jealousy was soon burning his insides. “Can we go for lunch now? I’m dying.” Luhan interrupted them. His eyes gave him away; Baekhee could tell that he was jealous. Why is he jealous?

 

“Why don’t you guys go to the cafeteria first? Kyungsoo, you go with them too. I’m sure they’re nice enough to show you around. I have to talk to Luhan about something.” Baekhee faked a smile. “I’ll wait for you.” Sehun offered. “Oppa, please go first. This is really important.” He sighed a little and nodded before heading to the cafeteria with the rest.

 

Baekhee then turned to Luhan.

 

“Goddamn it! What was that for?!” Baekhee yelled at Luhan. He ignored her and kept his cool, which irritated her further.

 

“I’m talking to you, Xi Luhan. What is wrong with you?”

 

“What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with you?! Why did you have to hug Sehun? You’re not his girlfriend!”

 

“So what, Luhan? I’m his best friend. Can’t best friends hug each other?”

 

“But… don’t do it in front of me.”

 

“Why?”

 

“B-because…” Luhan stammered. No, you’re not in love with her. You’re not in love with her. That was not jealously. But if that wasn’t jealousy, then what was it?