Baekhyun + Chanyeol - A Love Bite

We Are One

A Love Bite

Main Pairing: Baekhyun + Chanyeol (BaekYeol)

Side Pairing: Kai + D.O (KaiSoo)

...xXx...

When he gets up, the first thing he does is search the bed, eyes still closed and hand wandering aimlessly, but it doesn't meet the warm skin he's used to. Feeling out of sorts, he opens his eyes and looks, waiting for that beautiful greeting, but no one's there and convinced it's a dream, he shuts his eyes once more.

A dream he hopes silently. A nightmare.

He opens his eyes once more but nothing changes.

And the events rush back to him.

The annoying quirk. That undeniable smirk. An escalating argument. A thoughtless decision. 

The bracelet on the floor.

For a second he wants to cry, but he does not because he instigated it. He rubs his wrist where the chain had bitten his skin and bites his bottom lip, knowing their coordi won't be pleased with another mark marring his skin.

"Yeol," he whispers, wishing it wasn't true. From the other bed, Jongin groans and rolls over, glancing lazily up.

"In a fight again?" Jongin questions, yawning.

"Attractive," he snaps, feeling partially guilty but also hurt.

"Make up Baek-Hyung," Jongin advises, having seen this scene before.

"Not until he apologizes," he denies, bottom lip quivering. What does Jongin know? Kyungsoo and Jongin never fight because they're always giving way but Chanyeol and him are stubborn; they have too much pride.

"Don't cry about it Baek-Hyung," Jongin groans, sitting up and stretching. "What are you going to do next concert?"

He does not answer nor does Jongin expect one.

He manages to avoid any eye contact with Chanyeol all morning though there was that one close call at the dinner table.

"You can't avoid him forever," Kyungsoo whispers to him when the group is dripping with sweat after dancing practice, their voices hitched and broken. Again he does not answer but like Jongin, Kyungsoo isn't expecting one either.

But they don't understand, he wants to cry out. That it's not his fault, but every time he thinks about Chanyeol, his heart hurts a little and a small voice cries out Forgive and forget, but he ignores it until it's to painful to bear. The entire day, he awkwardly avoids Chanyeol and the whole group notices but says nothing.

"Hey Baek," a familiar voice calls just before the group's about to sleep. Yeol he wants to say, but he doesn't. He stands awkwardly in the doorway, his back to Chanyeol. He waits a moment longer as silence draws out.

"About yesterday," he finally begins but Baekhyun doesn't want to hear anymore and he enters the room he shares with Jongin, shutting the door behind him. He leans on it, feeling tears sting his eyes again.

"Night Baek," Chanyeol says, a slight tinge of disappointment in his voice. "See you in the morning."

"...Night Yeol," he whispers, filled with longing. Why had they broken up if they were only going to suffer? But it was his fault he remembers and he can't bring himself to ask anymore.

"Baek?" Chanyeol whispers outside, startling him. He had been sure Chanyeol had left but amidst his panic, Chanyeol continues. "I'm not really sure why we're fighting anymore. Come on out, please? Let's talk."

His hands turn to fists, pale against the dimly lit room.

"Baek, you okay?" Chanyeol asks with worry. He takes a breath and opens the door, glancing upward to see the face he loves so much. Reaching over, he wraps himself around the male, feeling tears push against his eyes again.

"Baek," Chanyeol breathes, leaning down to rest his chin on Baekhyun's shoulder.

"Don't do that again," Baekhyun scolds, his voice muffled as he buries himself in Chanyeol's shirt. 

"Do what?" Chanyeol questions. Baekhyun blushes and murmurs his full opinion on Chanyeol's bad habit of leaving love marks where fans can see them and how the coordi has explicitly stated that the next time Chanyeol does so, she would make sure Chanyeol would never step out in public again. Chanyeol blushes, laughing to hide his embarrassment.

"I didn't think they were so bad...but alright, I promise," Chanyeol agrees, smiling. "Missed you Baek. I thought you'd be gone forever."

"Shut up Yeol," he finds himself retorting. "I'm still here now."

...xXx...