Caffeine

Arpeggio

Here I am, inside YT Entertainment's main hall.

 

I approached the reception lady, stated my purpose of visit and showed her the letter. Poor lady looks so tired. Well who wouldn't be, it's already nearing 11pm. What a long day for her. 

 

"Oh you are the piano tutor. We've been expecting you. Please go to the second room beside the lift and wait for a while. I am sorry but please take the stairs inside as our lift is not working at this time." The reception lady sipped a mouthful of black liquid after giving me instructions.

 

Okay. I thanked her and headed to the room on the second storey.

 

Exiting the reception counter, I saw several sweaty young men training inside a dance studio. They must be YT's trainees since they look unfamiliar. I went up to the room that's expecting me and got a shock of my life, literally. My goddess is inside the room alongside with the blonde haired lady I saw earlier.

 

I.NEED.TO.KEEP.CALM

 

"You're the piano tutor we've hired right? Good that you're on time. I'm Jessica, Tiffany's manager. Our Tiffany is really busy and she needs to prepare for her upcoming concert which is 1 month later. You're in charged of giving her intensive training on piano as it will be her special stage. Nothing can be revealed to the public and it must be a flawless performance, arraso?", Blondie /I mean Jessica/ gave a short yet concised 'opening speech'. Not to forget a hint of -face. 

 

I switched nervous glances between Jessica and my goddess. She must be Tiffany's new manager because I haven't seen her around before. Interesting.

 

"Yes Manager ssi. I will do my best and not disappoint you. I really appreciate this golden opportunity, thank you for hiring me. I......"

 

"Best is not enough, I expect perfection and nothing lesser than that. And don't call me manager ssi, I have a name. Jessica that is. Call me that.

 

I got interupted by blondie. 

 

"Yes Jessica ssi. Can you please tell me about the details so that I can......."

 

*suddenly I felt the weight of a thick stack of documents on my lap*

 

"There you go. Read through it thoroughly. I got to go. Tiffany knows what to do since she wanted this stage herself. She'll tell you more. You can come & leave whenever you deem fit and when her schedule permits. At the end of the day, I just want a perfect stage for the upcoming concert. Bye~ "

 

And I got interupted again... I haven't been able to introduce myself to Jessica either. She sure as hell is rushing off.

 

 

 

So....now I'm left alone inside a rather unspacious piano studio on a sofa with my one and only idol/love of my life (a fan can relate to me, I'm sure), Tiffany Hwang. Please tell me what is air as I can't breathe properly again. I held my breath and looked into Tiffany's eyes... they seemed so tired but sincere at the same time.

 

"Erm ann...annyeong...ha...seyo Tip-tip-pani yah ANIYO Tippani nim! I'm Kwon Yu...Yuri~ "

 

Damn it did I just stuttered? Omg she's gonna judge me! 

 

"Hahahahaha... Yuri ssem, calm down juseyo. I'm Tiffany Hwang and I'm your new student. Keke"

 

Of course I know you're Tiffany and you're my freaking crush I mean idol... please tell me how the can I calm down?!

 

"Errr yes. Hello~ I am 23 go...going 24 this ye..year. Erm I err stu...study psychology in Chung Ang university. But I te..teach piano too." Kwon Yuri can you stop stuttering? How will she understand what you're blabbering you pabo!

 

"Nice to meet you. Well, I need to prepare three piano performances during my concert. Could you help me arrange the piano pieces for By Myself, Because it's You and Lost In Love? I hope you can improvise them abit so it'll be easier for me as I don't have any background knowledge for piano. I really love it since young but I haven't had money to learn then. Also, I haven't had time to learn during recent years after debuting as a singer. So it'll be a great opportunity to learn it this time and to surprise my beloved fans during the concert. Great isn't it Yuri ssem? Keke."

 

This time her eyes beamed with passion & joy, they're still tired-looking though.

 

I nodded and played Lost In Love on the piano without flipping through what Jessica gave me earlier. I improvised the bridge part and it sounded smoother. I finished it and looked at her, albeit containing my personal excitement. 

 

"WOW THAT"S AMAZING!!! How did you play it so well without flipping through the original scores that Jessica handled to you? Did the bridge sounded different as well? That's a pretty rad version of Lost In Love, I'd love to play this one! " 

 

"I errr, actually played it several times before....", I admitted while shyly looking at the floor. 

 

"No wonder you managed to play it in a heart beat! Thank you for making it sound so beautiful. I really love it Yuri & can't wait to learn it."

 

"It's a very beautiful piece. Please si-sit next to me Tip..pani ssi so that I can te..each you the chords"

 

 

I showed her basic stuffs like how to position her hands and fingers for piano playing. Usually I'm pretty patient with such procedures but this time, the time frame is pretty packed and hectic. I just need to get over the basics a.s.a.p. Being absorbed with teaching piano, I forgot about the stutters and regained composure.

 

"Tiffany ssi, please try to curl your fingers as if you're grasping a ball and not slapping someone's face. Like this but not this, arraso?" I demonstrated to her but she seemed drifted off and couldn't really grasp well. Maybe she's really exhausted. Unable to withstand this any longer, I asked her to hold my wrists as I played Lost In Love. 

 

I want her to feel the symphony, the joy of playing and the essence of music. That very moment, the hairs on my arms stood and I felt so nervous I could die. After that, her orbs don't look that exhausted anymore. I spent the next 2 hours coaching her basic chords that made up the song. We called it at day at about 1.25am as she has a schedule at 8am the following day. It'll be very cruel to not let that poor sleep deprived girl get at least 3 hours of much needed rest. 

 

"Well done Tiffany ssi. We can end here today. I'll go through the documents and improvise the scores. Will make some useful notes for you too. Have a good rest. Also, when's our next lesson?"

 

"Oh thank you so much Yuri. I've learnt a bunch and pretty much inspired too! *yawns* Erm, I have some free time from 4-8pm tomorrow, will you be available? Sorry my timing is always here and there. Can't help it."

 

"Oh it's fine. I can make it. Here's my number. Do call me or drop me a text so I can meet you for lessons."

 

"Will do...*yawns* Oh where do you stay? It's late now, I'd like to give you a lift if you don't have private transport."

 

"It's fine Tiffany ssi I can go home myself."

 

"No I insist. I'm the one that caused you to be awake at such ungodly hour. Where?"

 

"Erm okay if you insist, I stay near Hoehyeon subway station."

 

"Oh that's a station away from Myeongdong! My 8am schedule's a CF filming at Lotte Young Mall. That's so near. Do you stay alone?"

 

 

Wait, what? Is she hinting a sleepover? I AM NOT READY BUT READY BUT... I have posters of her all over my room oh my god.. what now?

 

 

"Errr, technically no because I live with my pet pomeranian."

 

"HAHA you're so funny. Do you mind if I sleepover at your place? I actually live in Seogyo-dong, which is Hongdae. It's friday night, I'm afraid clubbers might recognise me and Jessica ssi isn't with me today. Could you please do me this favour?"

 

As if I'd say no. The thought of drunkards harassing Tiffany is NO WAY. Aish, my posters and merchandises....ottokeh?

 

"I'm fine with it but my apartment is quite small. If you don't mind, you can sleep on my bed."

 

"So sorry for the trouble Yuri. We can sleep together if you're fine with it. I'll feel bad if I make you sleep on your couch", she replied with an embarassed smile.

 

ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME?!?! Hwang Tiffany stahhhhpppp... *Yuri please breathe*

 

"Errr...my bed is not big enough. I can sleep after you go for your CF filming so don't worry about it."

 

"Really? I really am pretty thick-skinned uh? Thanks so much for accomodating me Yuri. Let's head to your house~ "

 

 

 

Tiffany's really something else. I can't believe she's so down to earth and so comfortable with person she just met. She acts like any other of my 23-24 year old friends and she's actually going to my house, am I dreaming or what?

Im freaking YoonA's bingo moment and I totally can't wait to tell her what happened.

 

 

"*tap* This is the correct direction, right?"

 

 

I am NOT dreaming....

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello it'll be 2 chapters worth of update this time!

 

What will happen in Yuri's apartment? If it's what you're thinking about, isn't it just too fast? Haha...

Oh how we wish we will have similar encounters with our respective bias eh? Sounds impossible but who knows~

 

 

Also, please give me lots of love and support. I hope you've enjoyed my story so far ^.~

Thank you for your time!