meeting~

Coffee shop Princess

Krystal POV:

            Uhg. I wasn’t in the mood to go to work. But when was I ever in the mood to do anything? I sighed and picked my books up off the grass. I was sitting under my favorite tree to read and avoid people. Once I was all packed up I headed to the small coffee shop I worked at.

            It was painted a dark brown but it had wall to wall glass windows that let all the sunlight in from the busy streets. The little tables matched the light hardwood floors. The counter was a dark chocolate brown with white cupcake decal stickers all over the sides. The walls were white with black drawings and writing all over it.

            Here I felt at home. People didn’t ask my name and didn’t care that I didn’t want to talk to them besides taking their order which was perfect to me. The only people I really talked to here were Victoria the owner and Sulli who was just another student like me who was looking for something to do. They were the closest things I had to friends. They didn’t mind that I liked to be alone or didn’t like to talk and they gave me my space when I needed it. That was another good thing about the shop that made it even more special to me. I loved it here.

            “A non fat latte please.” A customer asked. I looked up and saw her again. I sighed a little and looked at her. She was a boyish looking girl with dark brown hair and matching eyes. She was wearing a black t-shirt that looked like it was too big for her, straight black jeans and some red and black basketball shoes. She topped it all off with a navy LA baseball hat. She showed up every day right as I started my shift.

            “That will be three dollars.” I said in a small voice. She handed me the money and stood there as she waited for me to make her coffee. I handed it to her and tried to turn my attention to the next customer in line but she stayed there standing at the counter.

            “What is your name?” she asked. She always asked me every day. I didn’t answer and as usual she sighed and left. I smirked in success. I finished making coffee for the next guest and looked around the empty shop. I didn’t understand why she kept asking for my name.

            “Krystal why don’t you ever talk to her?” Sulli asked me once the shop was empty.

            “You know why Sulli.” I said coldly. She just shrugged her shoulders and walked into back room to get us more milk. As soon as Sulli was out of sight I heard the door bell jingle as the tomboy stepped back into the shop.

`           “My name is Amber and yours is?” she asked looking straight at me. I gave her my best ice princess glares but she just stood there looking at me. I sighed in defeat.

            “My name is Krystal.” I said firmly hoping she would go away. She just stood there and grinned.

            “It’s nice to meet you Krystal.” all she did was smile and I didn’t speak or even look up at her. Sulli and Victoria walked out of the back room at this moment and gave me shocked looks as they saw me talking to another human other than taking their order for coffee and cakes.

            “Are you Krystal’s friend?” Sulli asked innocently smiling. I glared at her as an answer.

            “No but I would like to be.” Amber responded and smiled at Victoria and Sulli as if asking for their permission.

            “Krystal come into the back room with me for a minute.” Victoria asked calmly. Great now I was in trouble. I sighed and glared at Amber as I walked out of sight. As I walked behind Victoria she turned around and smiled.

            “You made a new friend?” she asked excitedly.

            “No it’s just the girl who asked for my name every day with her latte for about a month.” I said looking at the ground.

            “Well she is always welcome here then.” Victoria said cheerfully. I just shrugged and walked out to find Sulli alone.

            “She left you this.” Sulli said winking. It was a phone number. I just took it and shoved to paper in my pocket out of sight and out of mind.

            A couple of days passed and my sister came home after a long business trip. My sister is Jessica Jung the very successful model and actress. She was always on the road or at a photo shoot far from home so we hardly saw her anymore. The reason Sica was back in town was because she had just finished an ad for a new billboard and there was going to be a huge party to celebrate. I was just happy for Sica to be back. She didn’t eat enough and was always working so it would be nice for her to have a break.

            “Krys baby you are coming too ok?” Jessica told me. Told me not asked…

            “But unnie I don’t want to go!” I whined and tried to act cute so she would let me out of going. Sica  just shook her head and glared.

            “I’m not asking Krys.” Sica said firmly. I sighed and just went along with whatever she said. I always gave in when it came to my Sica unnie.

Amber POV:

            Yes! She finally told me her name. I grinned to myself as I walked home from the coffee shop with my hands stuffed into my jean pockets. She is Krystal Jung and everyone at school knows her as the Ice Princess. One day after school I couldn’t meet up with Henry at our regular coffee shop so I went to a different one and Krystal happened to be working there. I came back and saw her everyday after school. It was interesting how people talked about her and treated her and yet everyone I talked to about her had never actually spoken to her. So every day after school I asked for her name. Only her name. Not her phone number or where she lived or anything like that I only asked for her name. Today she finally gave in. I couldn’t stop smiling. I guess you could say I had a crush on the schools Ice Princess.

            “Yah! Llama stop making that face you’re creeping me out.” Jackie said smirking and poking my cheek I swatted her hand away and stuck my tongue out at her. My sister and I always joked around like this and even though she was about 24 years old she still acted like she was 10 with me. On the surface we were fine it’s like we never had a brother. It’s like we never had a part of us ripped out of our hearts. I buried the thought down for the thousandth time today.

            “Jackie that party invitation arrived for you in the mail today.” Our mom said as she walked by us fighting. I gasped. My sister was a well known photographer and all the parties she was invited to were amazing. Before I even opened my mouth Jackie had already said no. after a couple hours of bugging her she caved into me.

            “Come on please Jackjack?” I begged while trying to make a cute pouty puppy dog face. She sighed and I jumped for joy. I knew she had given in.

            “But you have to behave llama. I have a reputation to protect ok.” Jackie said seriously probably questioning her decision.

            “Don’t worry Jackjack I won’t let you down!” I hugged her and then ran to my room to pick out an outfit.  A couple days passed by and soon it was the day of the party. I spent all day getting ready with Jackie and once the party started I was shocked at how many people were there. The party was a celebration of a new ad for a new line of perfume. Jackie took the pictures for all the billboards and magazines. The party was amazing. It felt good to dance and talk to new people not to mention I got a lot of girls numbers. I wasn’t a player considering I never dated any girls. I liked to meet new people to be able to talk to a lot of people. Talking to people took my mind off my thoughts and my thoughts are dangerous. After dancing for an hour I walked over to the bar for a rest and maybe a drink. I looked over and saw a familiar face.

            “K-Krystal?” I stuttered as I saw her look up at me and smile. Oh . She was really drunk. I sat next to her and tried to talk with her. I couldn’t leave her alone here. I tried to ask her who she was with and who invited her but all she did was giggle and try to reach for more alcohol. I grabbed her wrist and looked at her id band. . Krystal was sister to the beautiful Jessica Jung. Jessica was the model in the ads that my sister took pictures of. I sighed I looked around and Jessica was nowhere to be found. I wrapped my arm around Krystal’s waist and went to find Jackie. She was smiling the whole time even though she was mumbling to herself and couldn’t walk straight she was beautiful. The way curled up into a smile and the way her laugh sounded effortless and easy. Just looking at her made me forget about everything. It numbed my pain and thoughts. Maybe that’s why I came back to the coffee shop every day after school, because she made me forget. Maybe like me her ‘Ice Princess’ was a wall against people. The way she was laughing in my arms now she couldn’t possibly be that cold. I found Jackie over with Jessica they were talking casually.

            “Jackie help.” I said as I lifted Krystal off her feet as she passed out. Jessica glared at me and I froze. If Krystal was the Ice Princess then her sister was the Ice Queen.

            “What did you do to my baby sister?” Jessica said calmly. I was frozen in fear but I managed to find my speech.

            “She was at the bar drinking. I couldn’t find you so I went to find Jackie, she is my older sister. She passed out on the way here so I carried her to you.” I said stiffly. Jessica relaxed her shoulders and motioned for me to bring Krystal into a separate room away from everyone else. Jessica held the door open for me and Jackie followed me closely.

            “Lay her here. I’ll call someone to take her home.” Jessica said as she left the room. I lay Krystal down on one of the couches and brushed the loose hair out of her face. Jackie watched me carefully.

            “You like her don’t you Am?” she said coming up behind me grabbing my shoulder.

            “Yeah I do.” I said simply not taking my eyes off of Krystal. Jessica came back looking frustrated as she slammed her cell phone on the nearby table.

            “No one can pick her up and I have to stay here until the party ends.” Jessica said in frustration.

            “I can take her home.” I said looking up at Jessica.

            “Are you sure?” Jessica asked me. I nodded and took my car keys out of my pocket. I carried Krystal to my car and put her in the front seat and fastened her seat belt. Jessica came with me while Jackie told everyone Jessica was just sending her little sister home to rest. “If you hurt my baby sister I will kill you.” Jessica whispered as I got into the car. I gulped and drove away slowly. Once I got to the Jung house hold I knocked on the door with Krystal on my back. Her parents let me in and thanked me for bringing her home when Jessica couldn’t. They showed me to her room and I lay her down on the bed and carefully removed her shoes. Before I left I kissed her forehead and bowed to her parents and left the house. I drove home and smiled thinking about tomorrow after school to meet up with my coffee shop Princess.