~Introductions~

Coffee shop Princess

Krystal’s POV:

            “Krystal!...Krystal?!..Krystal Jung!”

            Uhg. What time was it? I rolled over onto my side and glanced at the glowing red letters of my alarm clock. Damn it was already 7:00. I got out of bed and quickly got dressed for school.

            “Krystal! Come and eat breakfast with your father and I!” my mom shouted from the kitchen downstairs.

            “No thanks mom! I have to go or ill be late for classes!” I said as I ran downstairs and out the door with my school bag in hand. I know my mom hated how my sister and I never had time for breakfast with the family but I couldn’t be late for classes and my sister has a full time demanding job. I walked on to campus and into my class room. The room filled with whispers as I took my seat in the back.

            “Here comes the Ice Princess…”

            “Why does she even show up?”

            “It’s her, Krystal Jung the ice princess.”

            I could hear everything they said about me. I sighed and gave them one of my best ice princess glares. That shut them up. Ice princess. That’s who I was to everyone. I wasn’t Krystal Jung or even Soojung I was just the ice princess of the school. I sighed. Who cares? I didn’t need any of them or their acceptance. I didn’t need friends who would turn on my or boyfriends who kept me around to show me off. I kept to myself and out of everyone’s way. So why couldn’t they keep out of mine? It was always ice princess this and ice princess that. So I gave them what they wanted to shut them all up. No one here at the school even bothered talking to me, except this one girl Luna. We weren’t really friends but she was always nice to me and stayed out of my way. Luna came up to me on the first day of class and introduced herself to me. And even after the whole ice princess thing she still finds time to great me in the morning as Krystal and not as ice princess like everyone else. I still sat in silence most of the time but I didn’t care. All people did was hurt you. I learned from the past and I would never let anyone else hurt me like that again, I would never let my guard down again. The last time I let someone in I got hurt and abused mentally and physically. Once I was able to break free from Kai I promised myself I was done. No more love or relationships for me. All I care about now is my parent’s happiness and my sister who even though is older than me needs my advice and help from time to time. I went to school and had a job to please my parents and that was it for me. No relationships of any kind meant no pain and nor heartbreak. And that’s how I got my ice princess nickname. I was cold to everyone and got into a habit of glaring at annoying people to shut them up. I dint care about making friends or dating anymore, because now I’m ok with being alone.

Amber POV:

            ! ! ! My alarm clock went off again! I over slept. Henry was gonna kill me!

            “Yah! Llama (nickname because sometime she makes a face that looks like a llama to some people) face! Are you going to eat with us or not?” my sister yelled from downstairs.

            “Naw! I’m already late! Henry and I were going to hang out before class!”

`           “You better hurry then Amber!” I heard my mom shout at me as I ran out the door. I ran straight to Henry’s favorite coffee shop. He was standing outside waiting for me. I walked up to him trying to catch my breath.

            “Your late again Liu.” Henry said chucking at the sight of me struggling.

            “I know Mochi! Did you get my coffee?” I asked pouting as I looked around for the second cup he always had waiting for me. He smiled and nodded and handed me a paper cup from behind his back.

            “No more being late llama!”

            “Don’t worry I won’t.” I said rolling my eyes knowing I would be late next time anyway.

            “Are you ok Am?” he asked suddenly serious.  I just nodded and sipped my non fat latte. “Are you sure?”

            “Yeah I’m fine.” I said smiling trying to convince him I was telling the truth. Henry sighed and looked at me with concern.

            “I know it’s almost that time again and I know it’s still been hard ever since-“I cut Henry off by crushing the now empty paper cup in my hands and tossing it into a nearby trash can. I grinned and held my hands up in success. Henry let the thought go and rolled his eyes at me. He clapped slowly and glanced at his watch.

            “Oh hey I have to go now ok Liu? If you’re starting to feel down just give me a call!” Henry shouted as he ran off towards the classrooms. I knew it… I sighed and started the long walk to my classroom. A smile always threw them off. On the inside I was hurting so much. I was dreading the anniversary but I put on a happy face for everyone so they wouldn’t worry about me. I would be ok I would always be ok. I didn’t need them to worry about me I was strong and could handle it on my own. My brother Jonghyun. He died when I was ten years old. He wasn’t only my brother. He was my best friend and ever since I was born her took care of me. We did everything together and even slept in the same bed because we didn’t want to be alone. Even though ten years have passed it still hurt. Right after he died all people did was worry about me. The one thing Jonghyun taught me was to be strong and to make sure to take care of everyone. I learned to put on a smile and that always threw everyone off. I was suddenly ok. And that’s how I got through it. Or that’s how everyone else got through it. I just put on a smile and suddenly everything was ok again. They stopped bugging me and ever since then that’s what I did. I was strong and I would be strong for him. I didn’t need them to worry about me. Whatever. I brushed the thoughts off and headed to class.