The break up

The Promise

---Sungkyu's POV---

"Hani ah.." I said as I approached the petite figure in front of the house. "Sungkyu oppa." She turned and bowed when she heard me. "What did you want to talk about?" She played with her fingers as she asked. "Hani ah.. I'm sorry.. I've mistaken you all the while. I was a jerk for not trusting my girlfriend. I'm really sorry. Please give me one last chance. I'm sure I'll treat you right this time.." I kept my tears back as I held onto her shoulders. "Ani.. Oppa.. Let's just stop here." She said, still avoiding my eye contact. "Andwae.. Hani ah.. I know I'm wrong already, I'm really sorry. Please forgive me.. Please.." My tears started flowing uncontrollably. I can't lose her.. "Oppa, I'm tired.. I'm very tired when I'm with you, it's just me oppa. Now it's not your fault. I'm the one who's really tired of this relationship. Mianhaeyo.." 

Just then a group of drunkards came staggering towards us. "HEY! WHAT A PRETTY LADY!" A guy tilted Hani's chin up with his index finger. "Stay away." I pushed him away and stood in between them. "Ya! Get lost, I'm talking to that pretty lady. Go away before something happens to you, ara?" He laughed and pushed my shoulder. "Oppa.." Hani tugged tightly on my shirt. "Let's go." I grabbed her wrist and was about to pull her away when I felt a punch on my cheek. "OPPA!" The group of drunkards started crowding around us and threw punches at us. I quickly hugged Hani to protect her from being punched. Just then a guy that was kicking me was pulled away. Everyone stopped and our eyes landed on the person that pulled him. "Howonie oppa!" Hani stood up quickly from my away from my reach.

Before I could do anything, Hani was protecting Hoya from the guy holding a broken glass bottle. "Hani! Stay away!" Hoya tried to pull her back but he was too late. The guy stabbed her at her abdomen region. The group of drunkards ran away when we heard faint police sirens. "Hani ah.." I quickly ran over to her, who was slumped in hoya's arms. "Mianhaeyo oppa.. Live happily without me. Find someone who truly loves you oppa.. mianhae.."  She smiled at me and wiped the tears off my face. "Andwae.. Don't say that.." 

"Don't sleep! Hani ah!" Hoya keep shouting and shaking her at the same time. "Oppa.. Don't cry.. It hurts to see you cry.." She forcefully smiled at Hoya as tears flow down her cheeks. "Oppa.. I'm tired.. I'm going to sleep.." Her voice went weaker and weaker.. Her eyes also started to close. "ANDWAE! JUNG HANI, DON'T SLEEP!" He shook her violently again. "O-oppa.. Saranghamida.." That was her last sentence before she fell unconscious. She loves him.. She loves Hoya..

 

---Hoya's POV---

I was walking to Hani's house when I saw a group of people bashing Sungkyu up. I quickly went closer and pulled one of the guys away and threw a punch in his face. "Howonie oppa!" Hani shouted and ran towards me. She was here too?! 

 
Before I knew it, Hani was protecting me from a guy with a broken glass bottle. "Hani! Stay away!" I tried to pull her back but it was too late. The guy stabbed her at her abdomen region and they ran away when we heard faint police sirens. I quickly bend down and hugged Hani in my arms. "Hani ah.." Sungkyu ran over to us. "Mianhaeyo oppa.. Live happily without me. Find someone who truly loves you oppa.. mianhae.." She smiled at him and wiped the tears off his face. "Andwae.. Don't say that.." He cried.
 
"Don't sleep! Hani ah!" I shook Hani as her eyes started closing. "Oppa.. Don't cry.. It hurts to see you cry.." Tears rolled down her cheeks. "Oppa.. I'm tired.. I'm going to sleep.." Her eyes started to close even more. "ANDWAE! JUNG HANI, DON'T SLEEP!" I shook her violently again. "O-oppa.. Saranghamida.." She smiled and fell unconscious. "YA! JUNG HANI! WAKE UP! I HAVEN'T SAID I LOVE YOU YET! PABO HANI! WAKE UP!" I cried and cried and cried even in the ambulance while we're on the way to the hospital. 
 
I finally sunk on my seat in relieve when the doctor said that Hani's condition is stable. "Here, drink something warm." Sungkyu said as he passed me a cup of warm coffee. "Thanks." I said as he sat down beside me. "I'm leaving. Please take good care of Hani." He placed his hand on my shoulder and gave a tight squeeze. "Wae?" "She loves you.. And I've brought her so much pain. I shouldn't have came back for her at all. Without me, she's much happier. So.. I'm leaving." It was obvious that he was keeping his tears in and I have to admit that he's a really strong guy. "Hmm.. When are you leaving?" I asked. "After she wakes up, I want to say goodbye to her personally." He smiled. "Araso. Take care." I stood up and shook his hand and he left. 
 
(3 days later)
"Hani ah.. Dongwoo oppa's here. It's time to wake up, sleepy head!" Dongwoo hyung smoothens her hair and chuckled softly. Hani was still lying here emotionless and as still as before. "Mianhaeyo hyung.. If it wasn't to protect me, she wouldn't have got hurt and lost so much blood." I apologized to dongwoo hyung and he shook his head and gave me a warm smile. "Thank you for letting Hani know who she really loves." What? What does he meant? "Hyung, what do you mean?" I asked. "Pabo Hani, pabo Howon. Ever since we're young, she's always 'howonie oppa here, howonie oppa there.' Even umma knows she likes you more than anyone else in the world! And you! Pabo! You kept this feeling inside you for so long, aren't you tired?" He laughed and Hani's cheek softly. "My precious little sister, wake up and look at your pabo Howon oppa." He chuckled, patted my shoulder and left the room. 
 
Baby My Love Beautiful – I love you
Even if I close my eyes, at thoughts of you, my heart pounds and trembles
Baby My Love Beautiful – I love you
I’ll promise you that I’ll be with only you forever, oh loving U
 
I sang as I was doing my homework. "jincha? You promise?" I turned to see Hani smiling weakly at me. "YA! You're awake! DOCTOR!" I quickly ran out I get the doctor and after the doctor was done examining her, I quickly went to her. "Pabo!" I flicked her forehead. "YA! I'm a patient, a sick person.. How can you do this to me?" She whined and rubbed her forehead. "Who asked you to protect me?! Do you know how worried I was?!" I hugged her tightly. "Pabo Lee Howon." She took in a deep breath and hugged me back tightly. "I love you, Jung Hani." I kissed her forehead lightly and looked her in the eyes. "Nado, I love you too, Lee Howon." She giggled and hugged me tightly. 

We pulled away from each other when we heard someone knocking at the door. "How are you feeling?" Sungkyu walked into the room and sat down on the chair beside the bed. "I.. go get some coffee."

 

---Sungkyu's POV---

"Uhh.. I'm feeling much better, thank you for coming." She smiled, avoiding eye contact. "Ah.. Good.." I replied awkwardly. "Oppa mianhae.." She finally said and looked up at me. "Jincha mianhaeyo.." She bowed continuously. "Pabo, you don't have to apologise. I'm happy for you." I smiled and ruffled her hair. "I'm here to tell you that I'm leaving Korea tomorrow." She looked at me, shocked. "Wae? Are you leaving because of me?" She has guilt all written over her face. "Aniya, umma wants me to go back." I laughed. "Ah.. Oppa, take care.." She wrapped my hands in hers. I won't be able to leave if you're still so nice to me, Hani ah.. "I will." I smiled and slightly pushed her hands away without making it obvious. "AH!" She suddenly said and started digging into her bag. "HERE!" She handed me the pendant. "I found this in my dorm when I packed. You left it there right?" I took the pendant from her and kept it in my pocket. "Oppa, I sincerely hope that you'll find the person who suits that pendant the best. Wish you all the best oppa." She said and hugged me tightly. "Thank you.." And.. I love you.

(The next day)

"SUNGKYU HYUNG! (HYUNG!) WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LEAVE?! NO ONE WILL SUPPRESS HOWON HYUNG NOW! (NO ONE!)" The twins had their arms hooked onto both of my arms as we were walking towards the departure hall. "Ya! You 2 listen well to Hoya, araso?" I laughed and hugged them. "I'm going to miss you, hyung! (I'm going to miss you too hyung!)" Me too.. I'm going to miss all of you. "YA! Sungjong! When are you going to stop paroting Sungyeol?" I joked. "NEVER!" He shouted and they started laughing hysterically. "Take care, hyung." Hoya placed a hand on my shoulder. "You finally called me hyung huh?" I laughed and hugged him. "Stay healthy." I pulled back and patted him on the shoulder. "Ah.. I should go now. Bye!" I said and started walking towards the departure hall. "Sungkyu hyung! SARANGHAE! (SARANGHAE!)" The twins shouted. I waved without looking back and continued walking. "Bye Korea.. Goodbye, Hani ah.." I whispered.

 

---Hani's POV---

"Ya Jung Hani. Where's Gyu?" Hara stomped into my room suddenly. "Oppa?" I asked. "Duh? Why are you hiding him? What did you tell him? Why is he not replying to my messages or answering my calls?" What happened between them? "I don't know why is he ignoring you. I need to rest, please leave." I replied but she didn't budge. "I won't leave until I see Gyu." She folded her arms and sat down on the chair beside me. "He is leaving Korea today, don't you know?" I asked, annoyed. "Leaving Korea?! It must be your doing!" She put up a hand and was going to slap me but a hand stopped her. "DON'T YOU DARE LAY YOUR HAND ON MY SISTER."

"Since when did you have an elder sister? The reports didn't state that you have one.." Hara asked, apparently shocked. "You checked on me?!" I shouted and a nurse poked her head into my room to shush us. "You! Get out of the room now!" Dongwoo oppa came into the room and ordered Hara to get out. "Why should I? I'm going to wait till Gyu's here." Minah unni dragged her out of the room and closed the door behind her. "Why are you here?" Dongwoo oppa asked her coldly. "I'm just here to see Hani.. Umm.. I should go now.." She turned. "NO! Don't go.." I shouted and she stopped. "Oppa, Minah unni helped me.. Joon oppa told me she changed.." I said as I tugged onto Dongwoo oppa's hand. "YOU! How are you?" Dongwoo oppa said and Minah unni turned around beaming. 


 

Hello everyone!

I'm so happy that so many of you commented! It makes me more motivated to update! Hahahahaha! Please leave more comments alright!
This story is also coming to an end, if you wish for this story to continue, please let me know how you want the story to go in your comments alright!
Neomu neomu saranghae! <3

Many loves,
Inspiritsoul