First time we met

The Promise

The Jang family, Lee Family, Kim Family and the Nam Family are the richest in the country. So the children from all these families will come together and form a class in the Woolim Music Academy even though we are of different ages.

 

---Hani's POV---

"Hani! Come sit beside me!" Howonie oppa said as I walked into the classroom.

"Good morning oppas!" I beamed at Howonie, Sungyeolie and Sungjongie oppa.

"Good morning Hani!" They all replied in unison.

Minah unni sat down behind me and I heard her mumbling something to herself. I hope she's not mad at me for not sitting next to her.. As usual, I fell asleep while waiting for the teacher to come in.

 

---Sungkyu's POV---

"Alright class, please settle down. Today we have a new student joining us. Let's welcome Kim Sungkyu-shi. Please take a sit at the empty seat over there."

"Yeh." I walked slowly to the empty seat beside the little girl who's sleeping. When I pulled the chair, I woke her up. She looked at me dreamily and smiled.

"Did you bring your music notebook?" She asked.

"Ani.."

"I'll lend you mine!"

"Is it ok? Don't you need to use it too?"

"I don't feel like studying today.." She pouted.

"Miss Jang. What did you say?" The teacher was furiously staring down at her.

She brought the little girl to the front and started caning her little hands. She stood there looking at me with those pitiful eyes and tears flow down her cheeks. That's when I know I want to protect her. I must protect her. I ran towards her, grabbed her little hands and we ran out of the class.

 

---Hani's POV---

I don't know how much we ran, but we stop when we reached somewhere we have never been to before. It was an open field with many small little flowers. I was admiring the beautiful scenery when he suddenly held my hands.

"Does it still hurt?"

I shook my head and smiled.

"From now on, you are my princess, I will always protect you." He said as he placed a pendant in my hands.

"This is my family pendant, one family member will only have one. I'm going to give half of it to you. I'm going to marry you when we grow up, I promise."

I didn't know how to react at that point of time so I just smiled.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Kim Sungkyu. Yours?"

"I'm not going to tell you!" I said as I stuck out my tongue.

---

"Where did you go with that new guy just now?" Howonie oppa asked.

"We went to a bigbigbigbig field! He's my prince!" I said dreamily.

Howonie oppa turned away from me and continued his own stuff. He seemed angry.. I hugged him from the back and look at what he was doing.

"Oppa~ What are you doing?"

"Go away and find your prince." He pushed me lightly but I lost my balance and fell down on my .

He quickly picked me up and apologised to me.

"I'm making a 'string phone' for us! The purple one is for me and the pink for you! Like that, we can talk to each other through this. And only the 2 of us can use it. I'll put the purple one in my house and the pink in yours."

From then on, we'll always have heart to heart talk using the string phone.

 

---Minah's POV---

"Oppa, I also want to have the string phone." I said to Howon oppa.

"Why must you have it?"

"I want to have whatever Hani has."

"Who do you think you are, go away."

"If you don't make it for me, I'll cut your string!"

"DON'T YOU DARE!" Howon oppa roared.

I looked at him and tears started flowing down my cheeks. Why can't I have what she have?

 

---Noone's POV---

That night..

"Hani-ah.. I'm leaving Korea tomorrow.. I don't have the courage to let you know about this until now because I'm scared that you'll get upset.. Hani? Are you there?" Howon said into the string phone.

(At the same time..)

"Oppa, today unni got me into trouble. Umma scolded me.. Oppa, are you there? Hello?"

What they didn't know was that Minah already cut their strings in the afternoon..