My New Sister

The Promise

---Hani's pov---

"Hani is such a pabo!" Howonie oppa flicked my forehead as I fell asleep.

"APA! You pabo!" I shouted back at him.

Howonie oppa and I are always together since I was born. He's my brother's bestfriend so he's always visiting my house with his twin brothers. He's always bullying me but doesn't allow others to do so. He's always my knight in shining armour, always protecting me and being there for me when I'm sad.

"Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!" Sungyeolie and Sungjongie oppa came running towards us.

"What do the 2 of you want now?" Howonie oppa is always being annoyed by them.

"Hani's family have a new chauffeur and his daughter is so pretty! ("So pretty!" Echoed by Sungjongie oppa) Come see! ("Come see!" Echoed again by Sungjongie oppa)

"Naah, I'm not interes-"

"I wanna go see!" I grabbed the twins hands and we ran towards the car porch where my parents and Dongwoo oppa was.

Howonie oppa had no choice but to follow behind us. Dongwoo oppa reached out his hands for me so I took them and hide behind him when I saw the new chauffeur. That man had a mustache and looked scary. He looked like those kidnappers in TV shows. 

"You must be little miss Jang.." He said as he bent down and look at me.

I nodded and hid my face behind Dongwoo oppa's back.

"Hani dear, this is our new chauffeur, Mr Jin. And that's his daughter Minah-shi. She'll be staying with us. Get along well, araso?" Umma said as she pointed to the girl hiding behind Mr Jin.

I nodded happily ad I've never had an unni or younger sister to play with before. All the kids that surrounds me are boys like Dongwoo, Howon, Sungyeol and Sungjong oppa! She looks so pretty and tall. I walked towards her and wanted to hold her hand but she took a step back and glared at me fiercely.

"Hani ah~ Come over here." Howonie oppa pulled me to the swing, Minah unni's eyes never left Howonie oppa for a second.. He carried me and sat me down and started to push me gently. I giggled as the swing goes higher and higher.

 

---Howon's POV---

So, she's the pretty girl that the twins mentioned huh? Hani still looks prettier than her. I rolled my eyes. Hani slowly walked towards that girl and wanted to hold her hand. But that girl took a step back and glared at her fiercely. Worried that Hani might get scared, I quickly pulled her away to the swing. Everytime she plays the swing, she will temporarily forget about what's worrying her and she'll start giggling happily. Thats what I love, her being happy..

 

(Few days later)

 

---Minah's POV---

I saw that Hani walking towards the swing where Howon oppa played with her the other day. How can she have everything that I don't have? A loving appa, umma and so many oppa who loves her, being rich and pretty. Why her, why not me?

"I'll push you." i said to her.

She nodded happily and struggled to sit on the swing. Ha, what an idiot. Don't you know what I'm going to do to you now? i started off by pushing her gently and slowly. When she started giggling, I started to push her harder and harder.

"Unni! I'm scared! Please stop! Unni!" She cries loudly.

"Ya! Get lost you witch!" Sungyeol and Sungjong oppa appeared out of no where and pushed me to the ground.

Howon oppa stopped the swing, glared at me and piggybacked the crying Hani back into the house.

"Oppa.."

"You better not oppa us you witch! You hurt Hani and made her cry! We don't like you anymore!" The twins stomped away angrily.

Why.. Why don't I have anyone who would love me and protect me. I started crying.

"I hate my life!I hate that I have a poor and lousy father! Why am I-" I stopped when I felt a sharp pain on my left cheek.

"If you don't wanna be my daughter, you're free to go!" Appa said as he walked away. I looked at him angrily. How can he slap me like that. It's all his fault that we're poor!!

 

---Mr Jin's POV---

Why did my daughter feel this way about me? Am I really such a lousy father? I've already tried my best to give her wahat she wants, haven't I? I was a little tipsy from all the alcohol. I better go home now.. Just then I tripped over a can and fell into the river.

"Save me! Save me! Min...Ah.."

 

---Hani's POV---

"Dongwoo-ah, Hani-ah, Minah will be your sister from now on, araso?"

Dongwoo oppa and I nodded. Dongwoo oppa glared at Minah unni. He's been doing that since the twins oppa told him about the swing incident. I held his hand and smiled. His eyes soften as he looks at me and smile.

"Unni, we can share everything in my room if you want to!"

"Really?"

"Yes!"

"Alright.. Dongwoo and Minah, go back to your own rooms. I want to talk to Hani."

After they left, umma told me that Minah's appa passed away and that she's adopted into the family.

"Hani, don't tell anyone that she's adopted, araso? If you do, she will feel sad.."

"yeh umma! I won't tell anyone! I promise!"

 

---Dongwoo's POV---

"HEY." I grabbed Minah by the elbow.

"If you were to bully Hani again, I'll never let you off, you hear me?"

She nodded avoiding my eye contact and quickly went into her room. I will never allow anyone to hurt my little sister, never.

 

(The next day)

---Hani's POV---

It was the first day of school after the long holidays. I wore my uniform and picked up my new bagpack which Mrs Lee (the oppas' umma) bought for me. Just then Minah unni walked into my room.

"Hani, do you remember yesterday when you said that we can share anything?"

"Yeh, unni!"

"I want to use that bag for school." She said as she pointed at the bagpack Mrs Lee bought.

"Here, you can have it, I'll use the old one." I smiled and hand the bagpack over to her.