Two

Life as Mrs. Kim Myungsoo

Slamming down a shot glass of whiskey onto the wooden table, Saehyun glared at the bright computer screen, a picture of you in your wedding dress illuminating the dark room. Myungsoo was beside you, and the both of you were glowing with joy. Saehyun had just found out that you married Myungsoo after a co-worker told him.

 

"M-married?" Saehyun stuttered in disbelief.

 

"Yeah, I heard that so many celebrities attended the wedding, they had bodyguards and stuff to keep out the paparazzi," he stated.

 

"Celebrities?"

 

His colleague nodded, and got up to leave. "Gotta go, I need to get this paperwork done." Just as he took his first steps, he his heel. " that your ex married a celebrity, right?" he added, leaving Saehyun to deal with his conflicted emotions.

 

Saehyun poured another serving of whiskey into his glass, his hands shaking. Raising the cup to his lips, he quickly drained the glass, wincing when the strong liquid burned down his throat.

 

Why the hell did I cheat on her?  

 

This question ran through his mind so many times since you left after you caught him with Minah. He glanced at the mirror hanging on

the wall. A man with bloodshot eyes and dark stubble stared back. No longer was he a handsome youth.

 

Mistake. It was all a mistake.

 

“Why the hell did I have to be so ?” Saehyun clenched the whiskey glass in his fist, veins popping out in his arm. Groaning, he rested his head on his desk. Just then, an idea popped into his mind. Reaching out for his phone, he dialed a number.

 

If I can’t be happy, she can’t be either.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A bright beam of sunlight hit your eyes, and you sleepily blinked them open. Turning over to your side, you faced Myungsoo, who was blissfully snoozing. Kissing his forehead, you smiled as you remembered last night’s events. The crumpled sheets were a reminder of

what happened. Getting up, you shuffled to the bathroom.

 

Washing your face, you looked up to see your reflection in the mirror. Your face was glowing, your cheeks flushed. The effect he has on me, you thought. You went back into the bedroom, and to your surprise, Myungsoo was already awake.

 

“Good morning, beautiful.” He greeted you with a kiss. “Last night was fun, right?”

 

You grinned at him. “Very.”

 

Myungsoo smirked. “Why don’t we make some breakfast?”

 

Pulling away from his embrace, you saluted him. “On it!” you giggled while running away.

 

He tried to keep up with you. “Ah, ______, come back here!”

 

You laughed at his determined face. “Never!”

 

Suddenly, you tripped on a rug. Myungsoo picked you up, his arms wrapped around your waist. “That’ll teach you not to run away again.” Just as he was about to kiss you, the phone rang.

 

“Really?” Myungsoo complained. He checked the caller. It was his manager. Your husband answered the phone, and before he could say anything, Myungsoo’s manager answered first.

 

“How could you be so irresponsible?!”

 

“What are you talking about?” Myungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

 

“Google your name.”

 

You quickly got on your phone and searched for Kim Myungsoo. Your heart faltered as you saw the  first article that popped up.

 

Kim Myungsoo: Lied and Cheated His Way to the Top! Wife’s ex-boyfriend tells all! 

 

You could hear Myungsoo's manager let out an exasperated sigh over the phone. "My office. Now."