Four

Life as Mrs. Kim Myungsoo

"You're kidding, right?" He looked at his phone. "I'm not falling for this, ______. You know today's April the first." 

You offered him a meek smile. "Myungsoo, I'm serious. Look." You pointed to the positive pregnancy test in your hand.

When he saw the two lines, his face became pale. "I... oh, wow." Steadying himself, he slowly got down and sat beside you.

You could feel him staring at you. Your throat felt thick, and you willed yourself not to cry. You didn't want to look at your husband. "Myungsoo, I really really want to keep the baby. I-I'm sorry that this happened so-" 

Myungsoo cut you off with a kiss. Shocked, you widened your eyes at him. He smiled. "This just came as a complete surprise." 

"You're not mad?" When you first got married to him, Myungsoo would always talk about how he didn't want kids at the moment. 

"Why would I be?" He looked genuinely baffled.

"Your fans? The media? Your managers?" 

"Listen ______," he tilted your face towards him, "I'm so glad that I'll be able to start a family with you. I don't care what other people think. The only thing I care about right now is you." He gently kissed you again, and you couldn't help but shed a few joyful tears at his little speech. Myungsoo noticed this once he pulled away. 

"What's wrong?" He ran his thumb over your eyes.

"I'm just so... happy.

He playfully rolled his eyes. "Ah, I see. Pregnancy hormones." 

"No it's not that-" 

"Don't deny it, _____." He got up. "I'm making breakfast. What do you want?" 

Your stomach growled at the thought of food. "Chocolate chip pancakes. With lots and lots of whipped cream." 

Myungsoo walked to the kitchen, mumbling under his breath, "Pregnant women." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lying down on the bed, you winced as the doctor applied ultrasound gel on your stomach. Dr. Lee chuckled. "I should've warned you that it was gonna be cold." A few weeks have passed, and your belly had gotten bigger. It was finally time to determine the baby's gender.

You got into a lot of mock fights with Myungsoo over the baby's . He wanted a girl, you wanted a boy. 

"Wouldn't it be lovely to have a baby boy?" you asked dreamily, looking up from your big book of baby names. 

"I want a girl." His answer was blunt. 

"We can have a girl later! I want a boy first so that he could protect his younger siblings." 

Myungsoo scratched his head. "Yeah, I still want a girl." 

You blew out a gust of air. "Whatever, pretty boy." 

"I know our baby's a girl. I can feel it." He patted your stomach. "Right, Eunmi? When you pop out of Mommy's tummy, you're going to be Daddy's little princess." 

You pulled away from his touch. "Eunmi? His name's Daejung." 

He crossed his arms. "Well then. The doctor will be the judge of that." 

Now the two of you were in the clinic, nervously awaiting the results. Dr. Lee rolled the transducer on your abdomen, examining the monitor while doing so. After a few short moments, she smiled. "Do you want to know the gender?" 

"Yes!" you and Myungsoo both yelled at the same time. 

She pointed to the screen. "It's a boy. Congratulations." 

A broad smile came upon your face. "My little Daejung!"

Myungsoo squeezed your hand. "I guess you were right after all." 

The doctor turned off the machine as a nurse cleaned off the gel. Dr. Lee scribbled some notes for you and sent you and Myungsoo on your way. In the lobby, your bodyguard, Junho, was waiting.

"Junho!" you exclaimed excitedly, "Guess what? It's a-" 

"Sorry I have to ruin your happy moment but I think we have a little problem."