Six

Life as Mrs. Kim Myungsoo

"This or this?" You were surfing the internet, searching for onesies for Daejung. Now, you were six months along in your pregnancy. You've been on a shopping spree, looking for baby clothes, baby furniture, baby anything so you can be prepared when your child comes. 

Myungsoo squinted at the screen. "I don't know," he huffed, "it's not like he's gonna care what he wears." 

You went silent, taking in his words. After a pause, you spoke up. "Screw it, I'm buying both of them."

Your husband blew out a gust of air. All this baby shopping had taken a toll on his wallet. "Yeobo, do you really think he needs two more onesies? You already bought ten others at that other website and-" 

"But what if he spills milk all over one? Or rips it? Or poops all over one? Or-" 

"Okay, okay! I get it!" Myungsoo chuckled. He patted your stomach. "Daejung, your mommy's a little weird but it's okay. Daddy will take care of you." 

You flicked his shoulder and went back to online shopping. Myungsoo became quiet, then suddenly piped up. "_____, why'd you name him Daejung?" 

You took your eyes from the laptop. "Why didn't you ask me earlier?" 

He shrugged. "I was just wondering." 

You pondered on the topic, not even remembering why you chose that name. "Daejung" wasn't even in your big book of baby names. "I guess it just popped into my mind," you answered. 

Myungsoo wasn't satisfied with your reply. "But there must be a reason."

You sighed. "Do you really want to know?"

He enthusiastically bobbed his head up and down.

"I named him after B.A.P's Daehyun." 

"Huh?" 

"Jung Daehyun. Daejung." 

"WHAT?!" He jumped out from his seat, startling you. He took a few deep breaths. "So you're telling me our son is named after a B.A.P member?" 

You stared straight at him. "Yup." 

"But why?! Why B.A.P?! Why not name him Myungsoo Junior? Heck, you could've even named him after one of the Infinite members!" He started pacing around the living room. 

"I'm a really big fan of Daehyun, okay?" you stated, crossing your arms. 

Myungsoo stopped. "Are you a bigger fan of me or Daehyun?" 

You rolled your eyes, joking, "Daehyun, duh." 

Your husband then ran towards you, yelling out your name. Getting up, you sprinted to your bedroom but he was too quick. Taking you by the waist, he asked you again, "Me or Daehyun?" 

Turning your head, you pecked him on the cheek. "You." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Myungsoo, when will the nursery be done?" you complained, rubbing your protruding stomach. You only had a few more weeks until Daejung would arrive. 

Myungsoo's head popped out from the room. "In two hours, don't worry!" Workers have been moving in and out of your apartment all day, bringing in new furniture.

Unwilling to wait, you went inside the room only to be pushed out by your husband. "Be patient, my dear," he coaxed, leading you into the bedroom. "Just watch some TV, and before you know it, we'll be finished!" 

"But why can't I go in?" you whined.

"Because it's a surprise, silly!" He kissed your forehead. "It'll be done very soon, I promise," he added just before he left the room.

Yawning, you laid down on the bed. Maybe I should take a nap, you thought. You settled down into the downy pillows. Within fifteen minutes, you were out. 

.............

"Yeobo, wake up!" An excited voice interrupted your dreams.

"Go away," you mumbled.

"The nursery's done!" 

As soon as those magic words were said, you hopped out of bed. Myungsoo took your hand and walked you to the nursery. Before you could touch the doorknob, Myungsoo covered your eyes. "I hope you'll like it," he spoke softly. You heard the door open, and Myungsoo lifted his hands from your face. You gasped, not believing what you saw.

The walls were painted a light blue. Waves were drawn on the walls, with intricately detailed aquatic animals riding the waves. A comfy chair was situated into a cozy nook, beside a large bookshelf of books. An array of toys were tucked away in a wooden toy box, designed to resemble a treasure chest. 

"Oh, Myungsoo, this is perfect," was all you could say. 

"You didn't even see the best part." He turned off the lights, and the ceiling was lit up by tiny lights, looking like the night sky. The lights were even arranged into constellations. You could point out the Big Dipper. Myungsoo flipped on the lights, and all you could do was gaze at him in awe. 

"Did you come up with all this?" you gestured toward the whole room. 

He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Yeah, it was the pain in the to draw those dolphins on the walls but it was worth it." 

You attacked him with kisses. "I freaking love you." 

He stuck out his tongue. "You should." He put his arm around your waist as you looked around the room in disbelief. 

"I hope our next kid will like this nursery," you noted. 

His eyes popped out. "Next kid?!"