Seven

Life as Mrs. Kim Myungsoo

"Only six more weeks to go!" With a marker, you crossed out another day on the calendar with a big red X. Everything was all ready and set for your new bundle for joy. Packs of diapers, baby formula, and extra bottles were stowed away in a closet, and you have been reading as many childcare books as you can, absorbing all of their information. You even taught Myungsoo how to put on a diaper, using a doll as a model. By going through all this work, you can confidently say that you will be a good mother. Walking over to Myungsoo, you opened your mouth to say something until your name was mentioned on the TV. In sync, you and your husband turned your attention to the news.

"In the last weeks of her pregnancy, Kim ______ is expected to deliver her child. Experts speculate that she will give birth in mid to late December. We are not certain on her child's gender as no new information has been given." The reporter stated this with a blank face. She continued. "Unfortunately, _______ has been out of the public eye for the majority of her pregnancy so there are no current pictures to determine her health. We hope she is doing well, and many of us are looking forward to seeing her and Kim Myungsoo's child." A photo of you from when you were four months pregnant shown on the TV. Pressing the power button, Myungsoo turned off the device, the screen fading into black. 

You groaned. "Why can't the news be on something more important? Like, I don't know, the stuff going on in Turkey? Or the NSA stuff in the U.S?" You trodded back to your seat, flopping down with a big huff. "The media's so stupid." 

Myungsoo came over and rubbed your back. "Don't stress yourself. Doctor Lee said it wouldn't be beneficial for your pregnancy." 

To avoid paparazzi, you had to resort to having your doctor come to your home to check up. Other than going to work, never leaving the house was so boring. The only person to keep you company was Minah, with the occasional appearance from Junho. It really did but you hated it when overly eager photographers took pictures of you.

Just then, you felt movement in your stomach, something that sorta felt like a very strong butterfly floating around inside of you. "Ah, Myungsoo, he's kicking again." Immediately, Myungsoo placed his hands on your abdomen. Your husband never got to feel Daejung kicking, as he was always at work, but now that he was on hiatus, he was determined to experience his baby boy's movements. When Daejung first started moving around, it freaked you out but you soon learned to get used to his constant jabs. In a way, it comforted you. It was like Daejung was saying, "Hi, Mom! I'm here!" 

"Come on, Daejunggie, kick for Daddy," Myungsoo requested. After five minutes of no movement, Myungsoo threw up his hands in defeat. "Ugh! Why won't he do it for me just once?" As if your child understood, he kicked again. Quickly, you took Myungsoo's hands and put them on your stomach. Myungsoo's face lit up. 

"This is so weird. It's like from the movie Alien," Myungsoo noted. 

"Hey!" 

"I'm just saying." He shrugged his shoulders. 

Rolling your eyes, you glanced at the clock. "It's getting late. We should head to bed." 

"Alright but first," he got up and took his guitar from the stand, "I'm singing for Daejung." 

Every night that he's home, Myungsoo insists that he should sing for your kid because it'll make Daejung happy. You didn't mind staying up a few minutes later because honestly, who could resist Myungsoo's voice? 

"What's the song this time?" you asked him as he got into his guitar playing position. 

He grinned. "Super Junior's Miracle." 

Life couldn't get better, you've changed my ordinary life... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh!" You abruptly shot up from bed, clutching your back, which was slightly achy. You felt pressure in your pelvic area. Placing your fingertips on your stomach, you felt your uterus tighten then soften. 

This can't be. 

You winced as painful cramps went through your body. Hobbling over to the kitchen, you poured yourself a glass of water. Another wave of contractions went through your stomach. Grabbing your phone, you dialed Doctor Lee. Even though it was two in the morning, she answered almost immediately. 

"_______?" 

"I think I'm going into premature labor. I checked everything that you told me to look out for: contractions, cramps, backaches... It's all here." 

"Go to the hospital right now." She said it with such urgency that you hung up and shook Myungsoo awake. 

He rubbed his eyes. "Wha-" 

"I think I'm going into labor." Once again, contractions went through your uterus. You rubbed your stomach. Usually, Daejung would be kicking like crazy at this time but he was still. 

Myungsoo jumped out of bed. "Oh God, oh God." He ran out of the room, snatching his car keys on the way out. You heard the front door slam shut. You walked out to the main room. He was nowhere to be seen.  Did Myungsoo just leave you? 

What the hell. 

Suddenly, the door opened and Myungsoo frantically rushed in, grabbing your hand and leading you out into the elevator. 

"Thanks for ditching me," you teased while you got into the car. 

He got behind the wheel. "I'm sorry! It's just that you getting into labor... Daejung... Hell, why am I driving if I can't even think straight?" 

"Just ask Jun-" you started to say but you cut off once the contractions got more intense. Myungsoo, seeing this, hastily turned the key in and started driving towards the hospital. 

"Take deep breaths in and out," Myungsoo tried to keep you calm. "In and out." 

"Myungsoo, I know what to do." 

"Did your water already break?" 

"Uh, no." 

"Don't worry, ______, I'm driving as fast as I can!" 

You facepalmed. "And you would've thought I would be the one freaking out." 

Finally, you arrived at the hospital. Once you saw the bright lights, tears filled your eyes. You were only 34 weeks along. What if Daejung had complications once he came out? After all, he was premature. 

You and Myungsoo walked to the entrance of the hospital. Unexpectedly, a camera flashed in your face. You then heard the sound of footsteps running across the parking lot. 

A man with his camera around his neck walked beside you. "Are you going into labor?" 

You ignored him, which only made him ask the question again. You covered your eyes as cameras clicked in front of you and Myungsoo's face. Thankfully, a nurse placed you in a wheelchair, escorting you out of the lobby. You could hear security guards yelling at the paparazzi. Glancing at Myungsoo, you noticed he had a scowl on his face. Arriving at a room, the nurse laid you down on a hospital bed, wishing you luck.

Doctor Lee then greeted you as she took your blood pressure and your pulse. She checked your cervix, and once she did, became a thin line. 

"I'm afraid you'll have to go into labor."