One

Life as Mrs. Kim Myungsoo

"Be safe, okay?" you said to your new husband as he grabbed onto the handle of his luggage. He laughed as he kissed your forehead. 

"You worry too much. I'm only gonna be gone for a few days. It's not like my plane's gonna crash," Myungsoo joked. You gasped and hit his arm. "Kidding, kidding." He rubbed the affected area. 

You and Myungsoo have only been married for less than three months, and him leaving was making you feel jittery. His job was demanding, with him having to do various photoshoots and dramas, so spending time apart was inevitable but you didn't expect for him to leave so soon. After all, you just got back from your honeymoon.

Myungsoo glanced at the screen and sighed. "Guess it's time to leave." 

You grabbed onto the sleeve of his shirt. "Forgetting something?" 

He patted his pockets. "Nope, I have all of my stuff." 

You frowned at him. "Really?" 

"What?" he asked, "Why are you mad at-" 

Just then, you kissed him gently on the lips. "Now you have everything." He leaned in for another kiss but you shook your head. "You don't want to be late for your flight, right?" He mumbled something incoherent as you grinned. While he walked toward security, Myungsoo kept glancing back at you. "I love you," he mouthed as he accidentally bumped into a young woman, who gaped at him. You waved goodbye, and headed back to your car. 

Just then, a flood of photographers and journalists blocked your way.

"Mrs. Kim _______, Kim ________, how does it feel being married to a celebrity?" 

"What about all of Myungsoo's fans? Do they make you jealous?" 

"Is a baby coming in the future?" 

Your head throbbed as they bombarded you with questions. There were too many things going on, and you just wanted to go home and take a nap. Is that too much to ask? 

A large burly man came between you and the reporters. "_______ is not in a suitable condition to answer your questions." His deep voice silenced the crowd as they dispersed, and your bodyguard led you to your car.

"Thank you, Junho," you expressed gratitude as soon as you sat in the passenger seat of your sedan. 

The brawny man tilted his head. "Just doing my job."

He drove back to your apartment, a spacious two-bedroom loft. You were thankful for Myungsoo's success and your job as a wedding planner. Without it, you couldn't have been able to afford luxuries such as a car and a home. You went inside your home as Junho retreated into his abode, an apartment situated right next door. Heading straight towards your bedroom, you immediately slumped down into your bed, grabbing a pillow and laying it over your face.

"This really ," you muffled into the soft object. You missed Myungsoo already.

Suddenly, your phone buzzed. Reaching out for it, you read the message, sent by one of your close friends, Minah.

They wrote an article about you just now. Don't read the comments.  

You exhaled a gush of air. Minah always looked out for you, and you were extremely grateful for that. Even though your ex-boyfriend, Saehyun, cheated on you with her, you two somehow became best friends. She shared a few classes with you in college, which was a surprise because you thought she had just graduated high school. You two were actually the same age. When you first saw Minah, a rush of bad memories hit you, and you were cold to her, although she was kind towards you. She understood why you were so mean to her, and left you alone. You soon came to your senses, and wanted to start anew. A friendship was then made. Minah was one of the funniest and most loving girls you have ever met, and you were glad that you put the past behind you. 

Clicking on the internet app, you read the most recent article about you, detailing your teary goodbye with Myungsoo at the airport. You rolled your eyes. The author made your husband's departure sound so dramatic. Scrolling down to the bottom, you braced yourself for the comments, not listening to Minah's advice. 

-Does she really need to kiss Myungsoo in public? It's like she's rubbing it in our face that's she's married to him. 

-I hope they divorce.

-They're gonna separate soon, I know it.

-She's so weak, she had to have a bodyguard to protect her. Lame.

-Do you think she's pregnant? That must be why they had the wedding since they only married at 24.  

You couldn't help but feel a little hurt. These strangers had no right to judge you. Twenty-four was a reasonable age to marry; you were an adult. Myungsoo told you not to read the netizen's comments but you didn't listen. It was like a guilty pleasure of yours. Your phone buzzed again, notifying you of a message from Minah.

Having fun reading the comments? 

She knew you too well. 

Groaning, you lied back down on the bed, pulling your warm comforter over you. Snuggling your face into the mounds of pillows, you smelled the clean scent of Myungsoo's shampoo. A twinge of loneliness passed through your body. 

This really . 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat on your bed, checking your clock. 12:45 a.m. Myungsoo's flight was supposed to arrive an hour ago. Where was he? You checked your phone for new messages or calls. There were none. Work was tiring enough, as you had to deal with an angry bridezilla who was pissed at you for choosing the wrong flower color. ("I wanted sky blue flowers, not ocean blue!") On top of that, you had to wait for Myungsoo, who wasn't showing up. Yawning, you reclined on the thick sheets. 

"I'll just take a little nap," you whispered to yourself. 

While you were sleeping for who knows how long, a slight pressure on the bed woke you up. Rolling over to your side, you looked at the body laying next to you. 

"Myungsoo?" 

"Missed me?" Even though the room was dark, you knew he was giving you that smirk of his. He a lamp on the nightstand. 

You flicked his forehead. "Why were you late?" you nagged. 

"Fans were blocking my car." 

"Oh." You felt guilty for complaining that he took so long. 

"Whatever, at least I'm here with you." He pulled you into his arms, and you rested your head on his chest. 

"I missed you a lot," you murmured into his shirt.

Myungsoo played with your hair. "How about I make up for it?" 

You looked up. "How?" 

He turned off the lights. Only answering you with a kiss, he pulled you deeper under the covers.