I Don't Need A Man

The Music In Me: MinYul One Shots

 

 

Miss A: I Don’t Need A Man

 

~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri was working as a manager in a fast food restaurant.

And once again, her angry boss was screaming at everyone.

After an hour of lecture, he decided to calm down.

“Aigo! You’re all making my blood pressure rise. Anyways, you have a new co-worker. Introduce yourself.” He called out and the door opened.

A guy came in and bowed at all of them politely.

“Anneyeonghaseyo. Choi Minho imida.” He smiled.

 

Most of the girls started whispering to each other about how cute he is and most guys just stared.

“Kwon Yuri. You’re in charge to train him.” The manager called out.

“Ne.” Yuri bowed and the manager left.

 

Jessica changed the sign to “Welcome. We’re OPEN!” on the door and they all got to their places. Jessica went straight to the counter as a customer came in.

She greeted politely and started taking orders.

“Tarawa.” Yuri spoke coldly to Minho.

“Ah, ne.” he quickly followed.

“Your job is to bring the orders to the customers table. You have to be politely and patient. Also, be careful when you’re bringing in orders because if food falls or drinks are spilled then it would be charged under your account.” She warned.

“Jinja. Arasso.” Minho nodded and smiled politely.

Yuri just gave him a cold stare before walking away.

 

“Anneyeonghaseyo. Jonghyun imida.” One of the waiters smiled at Minho.

“Oh. Anneyeonhaseyo.” Minho bowed politely.

“I have a very good advice for you.” He smirked. “What is it?” Minho asked curiously.

“Stay away from Kwon Yuri. Or at least try to stay on her good side. She’s a man hater.”

Minho raised a brow “Jongmal. Wae?”

“Word on the street is that her first love and boyfriend for 6 years dumped her on their wedding day.” Jonghyun whispered.

Minho’s eyes widened “JINJA! That’s terrible.”

“Yeah. And from then on she’s been hating man so much. One single mistake you do, she’ll surely make you pay for it!” Jonghyun patted my shoulder. “Good luck trainee.”

 

In the middle of the day, the restaurant was packed.

“Go on. Deliver the order.” Yuri handed Minho the tray of food.

“Ne!” He answered and started making his way towards the tables but he forgot the numbering of the tables so he ended up going around the whole restaurant asking all the customers if it was their order and Yuri saw all of it.

 

When he finally found the table he smiled politely and apologized for the delay.

The moment he got back inside Yuri grabbed him and pushed him towards the wall.

“YOU IDIOT! HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPID?! I’VE TOLD YOU SO MANY TIMES HOW THE TABLES ARE ARRANGED AND YOU STILL MESS IT UP!” Yuri snapped at him for the first time.

Minho was shocked cause no one has spoken to him like that before or pinned him to the wall. Let alone a girl.

“M-mianhe.” Was all he could say.

“YOU BETTER BE! NOW GET OUT THERE AND DELIEVER THE OTHER FOOD!” Yuri shoved a tray to him and pushed him outside roughly.

 

No one else in the kitchen dared to look at the scene or else they’ll be the next to experience Yuri’s rage.

 

3 months passed by and Minho was getting the hang of things.

Yuri has noticed it too and doesn’t scream at him as often as before.

 

Minho has noticed that Yuri never seems to eat lunch.

She’s always busy ordering things and taking care of the accounting stuff.

And she’s always alone. No one dares to come close to her.

It’s pretty sad actually.

 

“Bujang(manager) Kwon.” Minho called out as he spotted Yuri locking the restaurant.

“Bwoh?” she asked not looking at him.

“I’ll walk you home.” He offered.

“I don’t need to be walked home.” She answered coldly.

“But it’s really late, a girl shouldn’t walk alone in the dark streets.” Minho insisted.

“I don’t need your help.” She started walking.

“But bujang!” Minho walked beside her “I insist.” He smiled yet again.

“I SAID I DON’T NEED YOUR HELP!” Yuri glared at Minho and walked off.

 

Minho knew this was going to happen so he pretended to walk to a different direction but once she was far away he decided to follow her.

Yuri stopped by a small building.

“Is this where she lives?” Minho asked himself before going closer to get a better look.

Then it says “Home for the Aged”.

Minho peaked and saw Yuri talking to a nurse.

She then handed her a plastic bag which she was carrying from the restaurant.

Yuri politely smiled, bowed and left.

 

That was the first time he saw her smile. And it made his heart skip a beat.

Minho immediately hid behind the bushes and watched Yuri walk to a different direction and once again, he followed.

This time she stopped at a building. “This must be her apartment because the guard knows her.” Minho was then satisfied that she got home safely and decided to go back to the “Home for the Aged”.

 

“Anneyeonghaseyo. I’m Kwon Yuri’s cousin.” Minho lied to the nurse.

“May I please go see the person she visited here?” he smiled.

“Sure. They had just woken up.” The nurse smiled and led him to a room.

“Here’s Mr. and Mrs. Im.” The nurse then left.

 

“Anneyeonghaseyo.” Minho bowed and saw the eating the restaurant food.

“Are you Yuri’s relatives?” I asked the two old couple. “You know our Yuri ah!” they had a bright smile on their face.

“Ne. I’m her co-worker.” I smiled.

“I haven’t seen Yuri ah in ages.” Mr. Im sighed out.

“Jeongmal? But she’s the one who gave you the food.” I pointed.

“JINJA!” Mrs. Im smiled and a tear dropped across her cheeks. “I thought she forgot about us.”

 

“Why would she?” Minho asked curiously.

“She hasn’t contacted us in ages. Especially after our daughter Yoona died.” Mr. Im sighed out. “Yoona is Yuri’s best friend and she made a promise that she would take care of us when Yoona was dying.” He explained.

 

“That’s really nice of Yuri to do.” Minho thought to himself.

“Then where’s her parents?” Minho asked.

“They died months after her wedding got called off.” Mrs. Im sadly spoke. “She’s had a hard life since Siwon left her. He just took all her savings and broke her heart in the process. That poor Yuri ah.” Mr. Im shook his head.

 

After a while of chatting, Minho had to say goodbye but promised that he would visit them again.

 

The next day, Minho was smiling brightly at Yuri.

Who knew that behind all the attitude she gives her co-workers, a fragile and heartbroken Yuri lays.

“What are you smiling about?!” Yuri snapped.

Just then her boss came in.

“CHOI MINHO!” He called out and he then went straight to him.

Everyone’s attention was on them now.

The restaurant was still empty since they haven’t opened yet.

 

“You have passed your father’s test! You got along well with co-workers and experienced the hardship they have to go through. You are now ready to take over your father’s sit as CEO of the Choi Company.” Their boss shook hands with Minho.

“Congratulations Son!” Mr. Choi, the CEO came in and gave Minho a big hug.

 

Everyone was surprised, especially Yuri.

Thinking that she would get fired any second because of how bad she had treated him, Minho just smiled.

 

Mr. Choi kept a private party between Minho and his co-workers by closing the restaurant and keeping it to themselves. There were caters coming in with food and soon Mr. Choi had left.

Yuri just stayed in the corner, staring at everyone with her arms folded.

“Kwon Yuri.” Minho spoke out.

“Ne Sajang(President)” she straightened herself.

Minho laughed. “You don’t need to call me that.”

“Aniyo. I have to sajang.”

“Aigo. If you call me sajang I’ll take back the offer that I wanted to give you.”

“What offer?” Yuri asked curiously.

“You are promoted to as the Executive Managing Director of the whole Choi Company.” Minho announced.

 

Yuri gasped. “Wae?”

“I have my reasons.” Minho smiled. “Looks like you have some visitors.” Minho winked.

Yuri turned around to see Mr. and Mrs. Im behind her.

“SUNGMO!(Aunt) SAMCHON!(Uncle)” she whispered as she ran and hugged them.

Tears were flowing down her eyes.

 

“How did you know that I work here?” Yuri asked.

Mr. and Mrs. Im both pointed at Minho.

Minho just smiled. “You’re welcome.” Minho once again winked. Yuri rolled her eyes.

 

After the party. Minho and Yuri dropped Mr. and Mrs. Im back to the Home for the Aged and they are now in the car.

“Thank you.” Yuri, for once seemed shy.

 

Minho was shocked seeing this side of her.

“No problem… Although, I do have a favor to ask.” Minho looked at her as he stopped in front of her building.

“ANYTHING!” Yuri quickly answered. “After all you have done… I’ll do anything.”

Minho chuckled “Jeongmal?”

Yuri nodded immediately.

“Then… would you give me a chance?” he stared at her.

“A chance?”

“Ne, a chance to be a part of your life…” Minho held her hands.

 

And for once in her life, she never felt more secure.

Yuri stared back at him. There she saw how pure he was.

Yuri smiled and kissed his cheeks.

“Welcome to Kwon Yuri’s life.” She winked before getting out of the car.

 

Minho honked making her turn around to look at him in his car.

“Well Ms. Kwon Yuri. Your life is about to get a lot more interesting.” Minho winked this time before speeding off into the dark causing Yuri to giggle.

 

***

I didn’t have time to go over this chapter at all.

I made it a few weeks ago just for fun but now I have no choice but to post it since I want to update every day and I don’t have time to write one at the moment.

I don’t know about the quality of this one shot but I still hope you liked it.

Just one more day and I would be able to write one shots based on songs you guys have requested. So please bear with me.

Don’t forget to subscribe, comment and upvote!

Thanks for reading!

~emkrys