Someday

The Music In Me: MinYul One Shots

 

 

Pick which version you would prefer to listen to and enjoy reading!

 

 

 

Original Version: Nina

 

 

Cover Version: Jessica [Girls' Generation]

 

~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~

 

“There’s the most handsome groom!” Jonghyun announced as he and other SHINee members entered the room.

Minho turned around and gave them one of his brightest smiles.

“Are you ready?” Onew asked.

“As ready as I’ll ever be!” Minho took a last look in the mirror before he joined his friends to go to church.

 

Minho was accompanied by Taemin, waiting in the aisle.

“Here they come.” Taemin whispered as we both straightened up.

The flower girls arrives, throwing flower petals on the carpet looking as cute as ever.

 

Then there she was, looking flawless as always.

Minho took a deep breath and remained smiling.

The girl he was smiling at stared at him with watery eyes which sent a shot of guilt all over his body. Then they broke the eye contact as she moved to the side of the alter.

Everyone then stood up. The bride has arrived.

 

Minho stared at the bride in awe.

While the girl standing at the corner of the alter tried her best to smile… after all, the bride was her best friend.

“We are all gathered here to witness the marriage of Choi Minho and Im Yoona.” The priest started off.

Those words were enough to get the bridesmaid all choked up but she regained posture. She didn’t want to cause a scene.

 

“You may now kiss the bride!” The priest declared.

Yuri watched as Minho and Yoona shared a passionate kiss.

All she could do was clap along with crowd and hide her feelings.

 

~2 Years before the wedding~

 

“Truth or Dare?” Yuri asked Minho.

“Aish. You give the worst dares so I choose… TRUTH.”

“Ok!” Yuri smiled evilly. “Out of So Nyuh Shi Dae, who’s your crush?”

Minho was taken by surprise so he remained silent for a while.

 

It was just Yuri and Minho only one in the room.

They were the best of friends, even before they debuted as SNSD & SHINee.

 

“Oh c’mon! Just say it. We’re the only ones here!” Yuri encouraged him.

“Arasso. It’s… Yoona.” Minho covered his face with embarrassment.

“Jinja?!” Yuri chuckled. That wasn’t the answer she expected.

She can’t deny it; she’s got a special connection with Minho.

And maybe, just maybe… It has progressed.

But it seems like it was all just in her head.

 

“Ne. So now that you know. Could you help me hook up with her?” he asked with his face flushed red.

Yuri was taken back, but as his best friend, she agreed.

 

Yuri introduced them formally to each other.

She would tell Yoona nothing but good things about Minho, making Yoona even more interested in him. After a few months of Minho getting to know each other, Yuri started arranging dates for them. This lasted for a year until they were official. And Yuri did all this with heart ache, killing her inside.

Especially since Yoona would tell her every single detail about what MinYoon did on their date, crushing Yuri even more.

 

“So I thought he forgot it’s our one year anniversary but when we reached the top of the rooftop, OMO Yul it was absolutely beautiful! There were candle lights and rose petals everywhere. He even serenaded me and gave me this couple ring!” Yoona showed her the ring.

“Just when I thought the night couldn’t get any better, fireworks lit up the sky and he called me beautiful before kissing me. OMO Yul he took my first kiss!” Yoona touched her lips at the thought of what happened. Yuri’s heart broke into a million pieces; she has always thought she would be his first kiss.

 

And at night, Yoona and Minho would have those midnight phone calls and all Yuri could do was stay quiet as she pretends to be sleeping, facing the wall so Yoona wouldn’t see her crying.

After a year in to their relationship Minho finally proposed to Yoona without Yuri’s consent.

 

“OMO! YUL! MINHO PROPOSED!” Yoona jumped up and down Yuri’s bed, waking her up in the middle of the night as she has just gone back home from their date.

“That’s amazing Yoona. Congratulations.” Yuri faked a smiled and hugged Yoona tightly.

She got used to the daily pain but this was worse than ever.

“So… Will you be my bridesmaid? After all, if it wasn’t for you, Minho and I would have never been together.” Yoona showed her aegyo to Yuri.

Yuri sighed and agreed.

 

~The Morning Before The Wedding~

 

Yuri was watching Yoona got her make up retouched.

“Yoona…” Yuri called out after the stylist and makeup artist were gone.

“Ne Unnie?” Yoona turned around. They were alone now.

“You look so beautiful today. Even more than usual.” Yuri complimented her.

“Gomawo Yul!” Yoona smiled.

 

Yuri sighed.

“You take care of that froggie ok?” Yuri warned Yoona.

Yoona just chuckled “Of course!”

“You both have to work things out peacefully whenever you fight.” Yuri stood up from the bed and headed to the vanity where Yoona was sitting and turned her around to face the mirror again.

 

She started putting on Yoona’s veil carefully.

“You two have a happy relationship arasso!” Yuri managed to choke out those words.

Yoona looked at Yuri through the mirror. “Yul, gwenchani?”

“Ne. I’m just… I can’t believe this is happening.” Yuri confessed.

“Neither can I!” Yoona giggled, obviously not knowing what Yuri actually felt.

Yuri just gave her a fake smile. “Now, c’mon. Your groom is waiting!”

“NE!” Yoona quickly stood up and headed towards the door with Yuri.

 

~At the after party~

 

Yuri watched as Minho and Yoona have their couple dance.

“Noona, gwanchani?” Taemin asked.

“Ne.”

“Ok, it’s your turn to say your speech. FIGHTING!” Taemin smiled.

Yuri simply nodded and made her way towards the stage.

 

“Good Evening everyone!” She stared off brightly.

“First of all, you two better thank me for hooking you up together!” Yuri joked causing laughter from the crowd.

She stared at the two couple sitting in the front table, exactly opposite her.

“I wish you two would have a happy relationship and have little Yoona and little Minho running around your beautiful house happily. I can’t believe that you guys are actually married.” Tears started running from her face, everyone thinks its cause of happiness but it was the exact opposite.

“It feels like it was just yesterday when we were all just trainees, fighting our way to debut and now here you two are… Successful, well known and both beautiful and handsome. May you make nothing but good memories after tonight!” Yuri raised a glass. “To Mr. and Mrs. Choi!” she announced and everyone tossed to it.

 

After that, all the couple made their way to the dance floor and started dancing.

Yoona and Minho greeted Yuri as she came down the stage.

“Thank you so much Unnie… For everything!” Yoona hugged Yuri.

Yoona and Yuri just smiled at each other when someone pulled Yoona.

“C’MON! YOU GOTTA HAVE ONE LAST DANCE WITH YOUR COUSIN!” Taemin pouted.

Now it was just Minho and Yuri.

 

“This is for you.” Yuri handed Minho a piece of paper that was neatly folded.

“What’s this?” He asked curiously.

“Read it when you miss me.” Yuri smiled.

“Miss you? Why would I miss you? You’re always going to be around. You’re gonna help Yoona and I take care of our little MinYoons.” Minho joked.

Yuri smiled and gave Minho one last hug and kissed his cheeks.

Yuri disappeared in the crowd leaving Minho dumbfolded.

 

~3 Years Later~

 

“WHAT THE HECK MINHO?! I HAVE A LIFE TOO!” Yoona screamed.

“I know hun, that’s not what I meant. All I’m saying is that you could have at least told me that you would be late so I could have picked up Sulli at the day care.” Minho remained calm.

 

“DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING AROUND HERE MINHO?! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, I TOLD YOU TO HIRE A NANNY OR CALL YOUR PARENTS. I CAN’T TAKE CARE OF THAT CHILD ALL DAY LONG!” Yoona ranted.

“That child… Really Yoona?” Minho finally got the hint.

After their years of marriage, all Yoona cared about was her career.

SNSD had broken up and they’re all doing their own thing. Yoona’s been busy with her photo shoots and modeling gig. Last year, she even left our baby and I for a whole year to film a drama overseas.

“You know what… I’m out. And I’m taking that ‘child’ with me. God Yoona, have a heart.” Minho walked out of the room to grab Sulli.

“We’ll be back to pick up our things tomorrow. So you can go and live your life now because obviously, you don’t want us to be part of it.” Minho glared at Yoona with Sulli hugging him tightly and they both walked out.

 

 ~At Key’s House~

 

“Thanks for letting us stay here.” Minho went downstairs after he put Sulli to bed.

“No problem. So you finally called it off?” Key asked.

“I don’t really know where our relationship stands now. She can be so selfish. I gave up my entire idol career for us to have a normal family but I guess she’s not willing to do the same for Sulli and I.” Minho sighed out.

Key patted his shoulder “Well… You’re welcome to stay here for as long as you want. But I have a meeting with a new clothing line for our collaboration.”

“Ok. Do well!” Minho smiled and with that Key left.

 

Minho sighed out and lay down on the couch.

“How did my life become like this?” he asked himself.

He closed his eyes and remembered his wedding day and how it turned out to what it is now. Then he remembered, Yuri.

“I miss you Yul. Why haven’t you contacted me for 3 years?” he asked himself.

Then he remembered the letter.

Minho grabbed his wallet and took it out.

 

Dear Minho,

 

Right now, you’re probably wondering where I disappeared to.

But first I should tell you the reason why I disappeared.

Minho, I love you… No, I LOVED you.

And seeing you marry my best friend was really heartbreaking.

All this time, I’ve loved you.

I did all those things for you and Yoona just so you would be happy with her.

I guess what I’m really trying to say is that.

Someday, someone’s gonna love me, the way I wanted you to need me.

Someday, someone’s gonna take your place. One day, I’ll forget about you.

 

And in order for me to find that person who would truly love me and forget about you, I need a new start.

Away from all the heartaches…

But someday, I’ll be back.

And when that day comes, don’t look at me as the Yuri that you pity, no, cause by then I’ll be happy with someone else and would be completely over you.

We could then return back the old friendship we once had. Someday, Minho. Someday.

 

~Kwon Yuri

 

**********

What did you think of my first one shot?

I hope you liked it.

Don't forget to send in song requests :D

Subscribe, comment & upvote!

Thanks for reading!

~emkrys