One Year Later

The Music In Me: MinYul One Shots

 

 

This one shot was requested by a4tech

You were the first person to make a song request. I hope you like this one shot!

 

One Year Later: Jessica (Girls' Generation) & Onew (SHINee)

 

~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~

 

A couple sat quietly at the corner of an old fashioned café.

Silence filled the atmosphere.

“It’s not working out.” Yuri broke the silence.

She held her breath as those words came out of .

There was another moment of silence.

“I know…” Minho replied casually.

Yuri stared at him, “I guess it’s over then.”

“I guess so.” Minho answered back.

Both felt absolutely no emotions.

Yuri stood up “I’ll leave first.”

“Ne.” Minho agreed and soon she was gone.

And just like that, their relationship ended,

 

**

 

“BWOH?! You guys broke up?!” Tiffany asked shocked.

Yuri simply nodded.

“Mianhe Yul.” Tiffany gave her a hug.

“Ani, I’m alright Fany. I really am. I’m actually more relief that I don’t have to deal with him anymore.” Yuri honestly confessed.

Tiffany sighed deeply.

“I know. So instead of staying here tonight, let’s go out to the club with the girls! Winter is the best time to go to clubs. It warms up our bodies.” Tiffany tried to brighten up the mood.

“Ara. Let me go change.” Yuri smiled.

 

**

 

“THIS IS THE LIFE!” Minho screamed out as he sat in the indoor Jacuzzi with Jonghyun, Key and other girls.

“Welcome to the life of single men Minho! Now you know what you were missing out.” Jonghyun encouraged him.

“I can’t believe I waited this long to end it.” Minho sighed in relief as he sat back as a girl in bikini massaged his back.

 

“Yuri ah!” Sooyoung screamed.

“Wae?” Yuri looked at her dazed as they were having a get together at the park.

It was a beautiful spring. The weather was perfect for a picnic.

“Aigo. Stop spacing out! What’s bothering you?” Sooyoung asked.

“Nothing. I was just thinking about my latest project.” Yuri lied and they all knew it but they decided to let it go.

“Well can you not think about that now?! We’re at a picnic; we’re supposed to have fun.” Sunny reminded her.

“Arasso!” Yuri immediately plucked some grass and threw it at Sunny and they were all soon throwing grass at each other.

But Yuri felt something was not right but she couldn’t quite figure out what.

 

**

 

“OMO! I FINALLY BEAT HYUNG! Key hyung! I beat Minho!” Taemin rejoiced as Minho stared at him blankly not admitting defeat.

Minho rarely loses and when he does, he gets incredibly pissed off but this time was different.

“Hyung, this is the part where you throw the nearest thing your hand could reach and tell me to shut up and that I only won cause I cheated.” Taemin reminded him.

“Gwanchana?” Key asked as he opened a bottle of coke.

“Ne. I just lost focus.” Minho admitted.

That was unlike him to just lose focus so Key thought he just needed to loosen up.

“C’mon, let’s get a drink. My treat!” Key smiled.

Taemin and Minho quickly got up and drank as much as their stomach could take.

 

**

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to come to the beach with us? It’s summer and there’ll be hot guys” Taeyeon asked one last time.

“Ne unnie, I just want to rest today.” Yuri smiled politely.

“If you say so, but if you change your mind, just give us a call.” Taeyeon smiled back.

“Ne.” Yuri closed her phone as she flopped herself on her bed.

She had absolutely nothing to do. But she wanted some time alone.

All this time she’s been tagging along with her friends that she hasn’t had time for herself. Yuri quickly got up and pulled out a box from under her bed.

There was a scrapbook in it along with other pictures.

She thought it would be nice to reminisce.

The moment she saw a opened it a picture of her and Minho kissing was seen.

Yuri stared at it for a while, her heart beating a little faster than normal.

She flipped the page to see:

 

Minho & Yuri’s wedding plans!

~Wedding at the beach

~Honeymoon at Hawaii

~Have 3 children

~But a house in Jeju Island

~Live happily ever after

 

Yuri smiled at the thought of the night they wrote it.

They were at the beach  where they made future plans with each other.

“Promise me you’ll marry me when we’re old enough.” Minho looked deeply in her eyes. “I promise.” Yuri stared back.

Yuri didn’t realize that tears escaped her eyes as she remembered their promise to each other. She quickly closed the scrapbook not wanting to look any further.

It’s the first time she felt pain since they broke up.

 

**

 

“ARGH!” Minho groaned out as he woke up from a hangover.

His room was a mess! His clothes were everywhere and he was sweating as he forgot to switch on the AC from last night and it was the middle of summer.

He stumbled his way to the kitchen and tried his best to make a decent cup of coffee.

“What am I doing with my life?” He sighed as he buried his face in his hands.

He took a sip of the coffee and just looked his messy living room thinking what to do next. “I could either work, go to the bar and drink again or call one of those girls who gave me their numbers last night.” He thought before mentally slapping himself.

“How did I become like this?” he asked himself before starting to clean up.

Soon the living room was spot less and he was almost done with his room until he saw the picture frame on his side table that was turned upside down.

It was a picture of him and Yuri. He looked at it and felt a sharp pain in his heart.

He slowly pushed it back and sat on his now neatly made bed. “What have I done?!”

Minho laid back down and just closed his eyes. Remembering the times he treated Yuri wrong.

 

“Minho yah. I made you dinner. What time are you coming home?” Yuri asked bubbly on the phone. “WHY DID YOU DO THAT? You wasted food ingredients, I already had my dinner and I’m not planning on going home anytime soon. Just eat it all and don’t let it go to waste.” Minho closed the phone without waiting for Yuri’s reply.

 

**

 

Yuri cried herself to sleep as she remembers every single moment she had with Minho. She looked outside. It was autumn. “Did he ever think of me after our break up?” Yuri thought to herself. “Does he feel the same way I do now?” she asked as her tears continued flowing. I didn’t know it would hurt this much. Yuri made a fist with her hand and kept it on her chest as she continued to cry.

 

Minho tossed around his bed. Normally he would head to the club at this time of the night but he grew tired of it. For the past 3 seasons he’s been a total wreck, just wasting his time and money on absolutely useless things. Minho checked his phone again and scrolled down his contacts then to his photo library. He stared at Yuri’s picture. “Will you ever forgive me?” he asked as he grabbed his phone and scrolled down his contacts. He stopped at Yuri’s name and mentally fought with himself as to whether or not to contact her. “She probably wouldn’t pick up. Especially after how I treated her.” Minho closed his phone again and kept it near his chest, his heart ached and it was all his fault.

 

**

 

It was a cold winter.

Yuri made her way to an old fashioned café. It’s been a year since the breakup. The only difference was now; she was in so much pain. She didn’t know why she came back to this place but her heart told her to. She ordered her hot chocolate before sitting at the corner where she ended it with Minho. Yuri stared at her hot chocolate until someone cleared their throat. She immediately looked up and saw someone she never thought she would see again, even more at this place.

“Do you mind if I sit here?” The guy asked.

“Ani.” She simply responded.

Minho sat down and placed his hot chocolate on the table right next to hers.

There was silence as they stared at each other.

Both their eyes were filled with so much emotion.

“I missed you.” They both spoke at the same time.

They continued staring at each other.

“Listen…” Minho broke it again as he looked at his hands then back at her.

“I wanna say I’m sor-“ before he could finish Yuri cut him off.

“Ani. You don’t have to be.”

They stared at each other again.

It felt right for both of them. For the first time, it felt like everything was back to normal.

“Can we start again?” Minho finally found the courage to get his words together. “Can we just forget about everything that happened? All the fights and misunderstandings and just start again?” he grabbed her hands as they looked right at each others eyes.

Yuri smiled for the first time, “I would love that.”

Minho smiled back and leaned in to give her a long passionate kiss.

They both broke for air as they held their foreheads together.

“I love you Yuri. And no matter how many years pass by, you’re the only one I’m going to love. Forever and ever.” Minho confessed.

“I love you too Minho.” Yuri gave him another peck on the cheek before the headed out into the cold weather of Seoul together with their fingers intertwined.

“So, how has your one year been?” Yuri asked.

Minho grabbed her shoulder to give her more warmth and for them to be walking closer than before, he gave a light chuckle before whispering. “You don’t want to know.” Yuri looked at him. “That’s what I thought.” They both giggled as they continued walking in the snow. "But I've realized two things." Minho immediately spoke out. Yuri looked at him curiously "And what is that?" Minho kissed her cheeks "That I'm nothing without you and that I'm deeply in love with you."

 

 

**

Thank you for your song requests.

You could make as many song requests as you want, it doesn’t have to be just one.

If your request was chosen, I would message you on your profile as well as give a shout on the one shot chapter itself.

Don’t forget to Subscribe and Upvote!

And keep those song requests coming. The more, the better!

~emkrys