Every Rose Has Its Thorn

The Music In Me: MinYul One Shots

 

 

Miley Cyrus: Every Rose Has Its Thorn

 

~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was their usual date night.

But something was different between the two couple sitting at the private part of the park.

 

The atmosphere was heavy and the silence made it worst.

Even though they were centimeters away from each other their heart feels like they’re planets away.

 

Yuri bit her lip as she prepared herself for what’s about to happen.

“I don’t love you anymore Yuri.” Were the words that came out of Minho’s mouth.

That was the first time he has ever spoken to her that night.

 

They promised that they would be honest with each other about how they are feeling that way, the pain wouldn’t be that painful but why is it ripping Yuri’s heart apart?

She grabbed the end of her dress and gripped it tightly; she could feel a knot forming in as she looked up the sky to prevent her tears from falling.

 

There was a battle going on in her head.

Did I say something wrong? Or did something I shouldn’t have?

Did he not feel my love?

 

Minho kept looking straight ahead not meeting her eyes as he slowly breaks her heart.

“W-wae?” Yuri asked but quickly shook her head, “Ani, I understand.”

She forced a smile, both not looking at each other.

“We’ll still be friends, right? Just like before we started dating.” Minho asked.

Yuri bit her lip harder, “o-of course.”

 

~ 3 months later~

 

“Hi…” Minho greeted first as they met at a company dinner.

Yuri’s heart ached, it’s been a while but she still felt like they just broke it off last night. “Hi.” Was all she could say back.

Minho smiled at her and she felt like she could break down in tears any second.

She missed his smile; she’s only seen it in her dreams for the past 3 months.

 

“So how have you been?” he asked casually.

“I’ve been a total wreck! My eye bags could hardly be covered by makeup and you could barely see my eyes as it’s almost swollen shut from crying myself to sleep every night and my hair is getting thinner as I pull them out as I try to figure out where I went wrong in our relationship!” Yuri thought to herself but she could never say that out loud.

“I’ve been alright. What about you?” she tries to act as casual as possible.

“It’s been alright too.” He answered. Yuri nodded her head as they stood there with an awkward atmosphere.

 

Soon Siwon headed towards them.

“Ah! Minho yah, I heard you’re officially together with Hyuna!” Siwon broke the news. He was obviously drunk.

“Congratulations! I guess Yuri really didn’t mean that much to you since you got over her pretty quick.” He carried on not noticing Yuri’s presence.

Minho’s eyes widened and soon a song started playing, and not just any song, but it was THEIR song.

“Hyung, you’re drunk, I think you should go back home.” Minho pushed Siwon away who stumbled his way towards s.

Minho cleared his throat as Yuri stared at her feet.

“I’m gonna use the toilet.” She excused herself before rushing out.

She promised herself that she wouldn’t break down, not in front of him.

 

She thought 3 months of avoiding him was enough to heal the pain but it didn’t.

It felt like her heart was getting stabbed all over again.

But what can she do? She has to stay professional about it and not let her emotions get in the way. She’s just gonna have to get used to it.

 

Yuri grabbed her phone and texted Taeyeon that she was going home first.

She couldn’t face him for much longer.

Pulling herself together, Yuri headed out to the place which gave her peace.

The beach.

 

“YAAAAAAAHHHH!” She screamed like a drunk person to the ocean.

Yuri was holding her heels in one hand while she used the other to grab her hair.

“HOW CAN YOU JUST ACT LIKE EVERYTHING’S OK?! CAN’T YOU SEE I’M HURTING?! IF YOU COULD AT LEAST TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG, MAYBE MY HEART WOULD FINALLY BE AT PEACE!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO HURT LIKE THIS?! DID I REALLY NOT MEAN THAT MUCH TO YOU?! MIGHT HURT ME PHYSICALLY, IT’D BE LESS PAINFUL!” She yelled loudly. “DID YOU NOT FEEL MY LOVE?! DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT ME AT ALL?! I’M SO STUPID!!! YURI AH YOU’RE SO STUPID FOR LOVING AN IDIOT LIKE HIM AND FOR STILL LOVING HIM EVER AFTER ALL THAT!” Yuri finally sat down on the sand and curled herself up as tears started falling from her eyes. “I HATE YOU!!!” she screamed one more time before whispering it to herself.

All the pain was coming back to her know, all her bottled emotions were finally let out.

 

Minho bit his bottom lip as he watched Yuri crying in the sand.

“I’m sorry Yuri ah…” was all he could say before turning back to return to his car.

 

**

What did you think of this one shot?

I hope you liked it!

Don’t forget to subscribe, comment and upvote!

Thanks for reading!

~emkrys