Summer Dance D-1

Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai smiled at how cute Soojung's reaction is. “Just don’t fall asleep or I’ll have to carry your heavy again…” he teased. “Excuse me, I work out! I go to the gym! I jog every weekend! I go on a healthy diet! I am NOT heavy!” “Yeah, yeah, whatever just watch the movie ok…” he said. The movie continues to play. Every now and then, Soojung would pull Kai’s hand and cover her eyes with it. And it was like a memory; to both of them. Like a re-winded tape playing inside their head. It’s not De Ja Vu… It’s a very familiar situation… then it’s like a light bulb popping on Kai’s head. He remembered the day he used to watch movies at Soojung’s house ever since they were in elementary school. It’s more like their getaway from school and all. They get lost in the scenes. Even in school they would talk about it. Leaving the others; entering their own world, reminiscing the move they had watched. “Soojung-ah…” “What?” He looked down at her; her eyes are fixed to the screen, she bit her bottom lip while watching Will Smith crying after killing his dog which turned into a zombie. (A/N: ya’ll know that scene right? ;))

“Do you remember we used to watch movies like this?” Soojung nodded a little. “We stay up all night, and either mom or Sooyeon scolded us.” “And we both had sleepovers in sleeping bags since I can’t walk home because it’s too dark…” he continued. Soojung let out a small chuckle. “You know… Sooyeon made fun of me because we still had sleepovers in sleeping bags thing until freshmen year…” They both were still fixed to the screen; watching the whole movie, but the conversation never seized to end. They recall their past, talking about it over and over. Telling each other the funny moments that happened, Soojung’s past crush, Kai’s bike, their long dead school pet bunny… it was all over again. They’re lost in their own world again… they didn’t even realize that the others are already home. Struck by the scene before them; Kai and Soojung laughing and giggling together with Soojung’s head on Kai’s lap… is this real? They watched the two from the front door, didn’t make a single move. Not even Kris. “We should leave them alone…” Kris suddenly said. They both head upstairs, but Kai can clearly hear their thoughts. Way to go Kai! He heard Sehun’s mind clearly. Kai slightly shook his head.

The movie ended longer than they thought, Kai and Soojung both fell asleep on the couch in the same position; didn’t move a single inch. Kris headed downstairs, wanting to get some midnight snack since that buffet didn’t really satisfy his stomach. He passed by the couch and saw them. He took out his cell phone and took a picture. Unfortunately, the shutter sound woke up Kai. “U-uhm, you should bring her upstairs… she seems tired.” Kris said with a low voice; but enough for Kai to hear. He nodded, he carried Soojung bridal-style. “If that photo you just took spread… you’re a dead man…” Kai said before leaving upstairs. “You’re welcome…” Kris murmured. Kai put Soojung on the bed again. “Aish, didn’t I tell you not to fall asleep…” he protested. Soojung shifted to the left side of the bed, completely asleep. For a second, he was awed by Soojung’s sleeping face. He lay on the right side of her bed; facing her as he falls to sleep as well.

 

***

 

Soojung’s eyes are still closed. But she can feel the sunbeam from her balcony door and she can feel a weight in front of her. A warm breath hitting her face… she slowly opened her eyes, she closes them shut once and opened them again and she saw Kai sleeping right in front of her face. Only a couple of inches away from her… Ah… I must’ve fell asleep again… she scanned his face; from his hair to his sharp jaw line… He seemed like a painting. The sun peeking into her room lighted his brown hair, revealing a lighter color. His hair was quite messy. Soojung ran her fingers on his fringe, putting it aside so it won’t get into his eyes… Kai stirred from his sleep, and eventually woke up. His sleepy eyes looking at her… “What are you doing in my bed??” she asked calmly. It was a bit of a surprise to him that she didn’t wake up panic and would hit him continuously while yelling at him… “Sleeping… was.” He answered.

Kai sat up; he ruffled his hair and glanced to the clock on Soojung’s nightstand. 06:00 AM. Soojung hasn’t moved from her position. “We should really get ready for school…” he said. But she pulled the blanket up and covered her head. “Can’t we just skip school?” Kai pulled the blanket from her. “Yah, you’re the class president! You should be giving good examples…” he said, dragging her feet down. Soojung did nothing but surrendered. She sat on the edge of her bed. Kai saw how cute she was and riffled her head before he left the room. Soojung dragged her feet into her bathroom and took a shower.

Suho who was already in his uniform just got out of his room at the same time with Kai… he folded his hands in front of his chest. “OK, what did you do now?” Suho asked. This is the second time he caught Kai leaving from Soojung’s room. “OH MY GOD!” gasped Suho when he read Kai’s mind. Kai’s eyes rounded and he quickly covered Suho’s mouth, telling him to shush. “No, I didn’t kissed her, no I didn’t do anything to her, yes, I was just sleeping on her bed, no we didn’t hug or to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter