Taken Away

Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a cold shower, Kai plopped down on his bed. The towel’s hanging on his neck while his hair is still a bit damp. He put one arm covering his eyes. The sight of Luhan putting his jacket around Soojung haunted him like crazy. Somehow his heart ached seeing the two of them together. He fixed himself to a sitting position. His heart was telling him that he’s jealous. Why should he be? I’m not even her boyfriend… he thought; asking himself questions why is he feeling jealous.

Kai never really left her. He knew Soojung went looking for him for a while before she had a terrible fever and finally gave up. He knew that she often cry at night, curled up into a ball and hid under her thick blanket. Kai was there when it was Soojung’s parent’s funeral; watching from afar. She wasn’t crying, but screaming in pain inside her. He knew everything that happened to her when he left.

But not until he took him away, creating more distance to her; and eventually separated them…

Kai stood up, he walked to the balcony and looked to his left, Soojung’s room was dark; she’s asleep. The door to her balcony was shut with curtains behind it. He stood at the edge of his balcony with his hands holding the wall; although there’s nothing to hold. He balanced himself, and then he jumped to her balcony without making any sound. Kai looked down, to see if anyone woke up. After making sure that it was clear, he slowly opened the door.

He was in luck, she didn’t lock it.

Careless as always… he thought as he stepped into her room. He can smell her scent; sweet, yet tender, it smelt like flower. It was familiar to him, but it felt new.

Kai looked at her bed, Soojung was sleeping. He walked slowly towards her, crouching beside her bed while watching her sleep. He just noticed how fair her skin was, and how long her eyelashes were. Her lips made a small pout as her cheeks were pressed on the pillow. A strand of hair fell; he gently put it behind her ears. He smiled; Soojung stirred from her sleep, but it didn’t surprise him. How are you ever going to forgive me… he thought. Kai stood up; he pulled the blanket covering her shoulder. He closed the balcony door and locked it, and left the room.

Kai went back to his room, but felt a pair of eyes looking at him. He turned and saw the figure of Suho. “What?” he asked. Suho walked closer to him. “Did you…” he didn’t finish… “Whaaaat?” asked Kai again. “Did I just saw you coming out of Soojung’s room?” he asked. Kai was pretty much shocked by his hyung’s question, but he was good at hiding it. He cleared his throat and put a hand into his pocket. “Y-yeah, sort of…” he answered.

 

 

They were down in the kitchen. Kai sat on the kitchen counter while Suho took out 2 cans of soda. He handed one to him and sat across him. “What were you doing? Do you know how dangerous it is if Sehun caught you?” he asked. Kai let out a small chuckle. He knew how protective Sehun is towards Soojung; although they’re only friends. “But seriously though, what were you doing?” Suho asked. This time, he looked pretty serious. Kai looked down to his can. “I was just checking on her…” he said. “She can be very clumsy sometimes.” Suho smiled. “Ah… so you were thinking of her. You’re still jealous that she’s close to Luhan?”

Suho’s question snapped him, “I-it’s not like that!” he said, defending himself with eyes widened. “Well, I’m just saying, you should make a move; and fast. You know how Luhan is.” Suho said, patting Kai’s shoulder and bringing his soda upstairs to his room. Suho’s words kept on playing in his mind.”Make a move…?”

***

It was a new day as usual, and Soojung was studying again between Kai and Luhan. It was pretty awkward. Kai; who was wearing a headphone and playing with his phone kept on glancing once in a while to her. While Luhan who was reading a comic kept on realizing that Kai was glancing at her. He made a ‘tch’ sound and put his hand over the left side of his head to support. Soojung closed her books and stretched her arm. She put them under her desk. She put on her earphone and played ‘Temple Run’.

After some minute, a student came in; announcing that the teachers are having a meeting today so there won’t be any briefing. The whole class cheered and went back to do what they were doing. Luhan finished his comic, bored, he asked Soojung to play ‘Tap Tap 4’ with him. She agreed. Soojung turned her seat to Luhan, her back facing Kai who was resting his eyes. They started playing and were making noises like the others. Kai opened his eyes and saw that Soojung was once ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter