The Basement: Blood And Sweat

Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In disappointment and worried, Kai walked back to school. They were all waiting outside with Suho carrying Kai’s bag. “Kai, where is she?!” asked Sehun who looks extremely worried. Kai shook his lowered head. Suho handed him his bag.

“I knew this would happen…” Kris muttered with his hands crossed. “This isn’t the right time to blame him, Kris.” Said Suho… “What did they want from her?” Kai shook his head again. “They want me back… probably they want US back.” he said. “But why Soojung?” asked Sehun. “She’s a bait.” Luhan began. “You should have left her instead of crawling back into her life. She’ll never forgive you anyway.” Luhan’s words were cold and sharp, a side he always hide from Soojung; and possibly the others. Kai eyed him; a fire was building up inside him and he just felt out of control. He grabbed Luhan by the collar and shoved him to the wall. But Luhan kept him composure.

“What did you said?!” Kai’s eyes were filled with anger. Blood boiling in his veins, he tightened the grip on Luhan’s collar. “Kai, this is still in school. Keep it down.” Suho said, trying to calm him as he gently placed his hands on Kai’s arm. But Kai yanked it away. “You should listen to him, Jongin.” Luhan flashed a cocky smirk.

Kai’s anger rose even more. His right hand formed into a fist. He lift his hand in the air for a punch as Luhan calmly wait for the impact… but it never came. “What? Aren’t you going to hit me?” he mocked. Kai gritted his teeth. “Luhan, quit it.” Tao hissed, starting to feel irritated by Luhan boiling up Kai’s anger. “Kai, let go. He’s not worth it. We need to find Soojung…” Chanyeol said, pulling him away from Luhan.

Kris, Suho, Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kai left after Chanyeol succeeded preventing a war-like fight between Kai and Luhan.

“That was very reckless of you.” Lay said. “Yeah, Luhan, what if Kai-“”Then let him, I’d like to see him try.” Luhan said, cutting Xiumin off with a smirk. “Shouldn’t we help them?” asked Chen. “No.” Luhan’s answer shocked them. “We should go look for her ourselves.” Even more…

Kai opened the door to his mansion, greeted by his maids but he ignored them and stormed to the basement. Suho walked calmly inside. “Why don’t you guys have a vacation for a month or two… ok? I’ll take care of things here.” he said with a warm angelic smile to the maids and driver as they left. “Chanyeol, Kris, go check on Kai… see if he’s not doing anything stupid.” Suho said after making sure the maids and driver left.

Krystal woke up in an unfamiliar room. it was like any other normal rooms. The windows weren’t shut and all; unlike any other rooms people describe when they got kidnapped; dark, windows shut, boards nailed to prevent from leaving, etc. she got off the bed slowly, holding her dizzy head. She walked up to the door and hold the knob; expecting it to be locked. She twisted it and pushed the door. There was something suspicious; the door was unlocked. Krystal turned to see around the hallway; no one was there. She took a run for it.

She ran towards the front door, abruptly shaking the locked knob. She tried kicking the door but it wouldn’t break either. She kicked it one last time; letting out her annoyance.

A tear fell down her cheek unexpectedly. She can feel her heart’s beating faster like a drum. She slid down with her hands holding onto the knob. “There you are, Jung Soojung.” a voice shocked her. Her body automatically stood up as fear started to fill her.

***

Kai’s down in the basement. He continuously hitting the hanged punching bag in the corner… sweats dripping from his head… you can tell that he’s drenched in sweat. Images of Soojung flashes in his mind… he stopped punching. He pants, huffing for air. Taemin and Luhan’s words won’t stop ringing in his head. In his anger, he threw his backpack across the room. “Whoa, you got some swings there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter