Trouble

Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The twelve of us were supposed to be experiments for this drug he has been working on.” He said. “He turned you into wolves…” Kai nodded. “Yes… the government was threatening to shut them down, and that’s when VERSA started to collapsed. We saw an escape, so we took it. We went around… Some of us went to China, and some stayed in Korea.” “So how come you’re all together?” “It’s kind of a wolf thing… we’re kinda attached to the pack leader, which is Kris here. But over there, it’s Luhan. Pack leaders are chosen based on how strong they are. And the rest is just merely instinct.” He said. There was silent between them. Soojung was still pretty shocked by the news that Changmin had killed her parents. And somehow her chest felt burning. Like there was something boiling up inside her. It was anger; anger boiling up in her heart, spreading to every part of her body like blood rushing in her vein.

***

Days passed. Without even realizing, it’s 2 days before the Summer Dance. Luckily for them, the last 3 periods are free time for 2 classes. Soojung stood up from her seat and was stopped by Kai. “Where are you going?” he asked looking up at her. But she pushed his hand away and answered, “Anywhere.” Jongseok who was sitting not far, saw the way she acted towards Kai for a few days, and he saw that devastatingly hurt look in her eyes whenever Kai’s around and it bothers him. The last time he saw her like this was 3 years ago. And it hurts him to see her that way. Soojung made her way and sneak out of class, her figure disappeared among the crowd.

Jongseok came up to Kai, “Let’s talk for a while.” He said, you can see the serious in his eyes. Luhan saw it, yet he chose to ignore it since it’s not really his business. He was more worried about Soojung though. But talking to her after what happened, and what she saw wouldn’t make things any better.

Jongseok lead him outside to the gym; hidden; where no one can either hear or see them. Kai put his hands inside his pocket, wondering what made him so serious all of the sudden. Jongseok kicked the air. “I know you’re not Kai…” he began. “You’re Kim Jongin, aren’t you?” he turned to him; eyes sharp, looking at him with an unpredictable look. “Is that supposed to be a question?” Kai took a step forward. “Or are you telling me who I am?” there was a slight teasing tone in his words that irritates Jongseok. “What do you think?” he asked back. Kai let out a scoff, a smirk played in his lips. “How long have you know?” “Long enough…” he said. “Why did you come back?” he asked. “And let you have Soojung on your own? As if, Lee Jongseok. I’m not gonna let that happen. Not even the apocalypse is near.” Kai said, sitting at the nearest bleachers.

Jongseok ruffled the back of his head, a bit taken aback with Kai’s answer as he took a seat beside him. “You didn’t bring me all the way here JUST to ask me that… didn’t you?” Kai asked. “You’re right.” “You wanna know what happened to Soojung.” Jongseok turned to him. “You think I’ve hurt her or something.” “Well, did you?” “Take a guess.” Jongseok gave him a dirty look. “Well just in case you did, I’m not gonna forgive you. Keep that in mind.” He said. Kai scoffed. “I sure will… lover boy.”

***

Soojung’s up in the roof. The chilly win blew on her face, her long brown hair tied up in a pony tail as she sat on the ground. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t know if she should forgive Kai although he never really apologized to her. She didn’t know if she should stay mad at him for lying to her. She didn’t know if she should be thankful to him for trying to protect her from Changmin. It’s stressful. Her heart was beating wildly at the thought of Kai. She wanted to avoid him badly, but is that even possible? They’re living under the same roof. The only place where she can be alone is in her own room.

She was staring at nothing. Her mind kept her occupied from everything. “You shouldn’t stay mad at him…” she didn’t even realize that Suho was already sitting next to her… in shock, Soojung jumped a little. Her heart skipped, it was very uncomfortable for her. “W-what?” he turned to her, adjusting his position. “I can read your mind… it’s a wolf thing.” he said with a smile, taping Soojung’s temple twice with his index finger. “O-oh…” Soojung looked down… playing with her fingers. “He tried so hard you know; keeping him distanced from you; as far as possible.” A smile almost crept up in her lips, but Soojung hold it back. “He talked about you… all the time.” He said. Suho held her hand. It felt warm on her skin, the good kind… soft, and gentle. “He missed you, Soojung.”

***

Suho and Soojung have been talking on the roof for quite a while now. He told her how Kai was back then. But something popped in her head; Luhan. She thought how Kai always had this hateful look whenever he sees him. She noticed. Whenever Soojung and Luhan were joking around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter