Hope

Claimed and Coveted
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER SEVEN[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]HOPE[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Soo Jin slammed against the wooden bed frame and crumpled on the ground with a loud cry. Pain lanced her battered back and it spread throughout her. Her human body wasn't made to take on such abuse. Panicked voices called out to her at once but the words were muffled. She desperately tried to concentrate on them but the world tilted before her and then her vision dimmed.

 

A menacing snarl pulled her back from the darkness succumbing her and she tiredly lifted her eyes. How long was she out?

 

Jong In?

 

Gone was the magnificent silver wolf with gentle eyes. Before her, a massive black wolf stood radiating a dark aura, a thrumming energy that dared her to run. His eyes were wild, unfocused. She no longer recognized her brother. If not for the silver streak that cut through his left eye, she would think that he was another werewolf.

 

 Unaware that she was staring, a deep male voice jolted her from her thoughts.

 

"Soo Jin."

 

She jerked and her sudden movement alerted the black wolf. Sparks of pain shot through her as she lay prone on the ground; weak, hurt and unprotected. He chuffed and pinned her with his intense gaze. She gulped, silent tears streaming down her cheeks, acutely aware of the danger she was in. 

 

"Soo Ji-"

 

A deep growl cut him off and the wolf placed himself between them, effectively blocking her from view.

 

"Jong In... you need to control your wolf. You don't want to hurt Soo Jin." It was Kris. Only an Alpha would dare stand against another Alpha.

 

At that, the black wolf roared, shaking the cave from the ground up. Soo Jin whimpered and pressed herself on the cold floor. The wolf wasted no time and pounced on Kris who shifted quickly, barely missing the attack. The rest of the weres shifted but stayed on guard, waiting for Kris to give the order. They may have helped them earlier but their loyalty is with their alpha.

 

The air was layered with tension. Cold. Stiff. Jong In's wolf was considerably larger now and he towered over Kris. But the Alpha wasn't going to back down. He bared his canines in challenge.

 

Two black wolves circled each other, the smaller one crouched low and sprung at the larger one. But the latter easily deflected the attack and Kris met the cave wall, hard. Debris fell on him but he simply shook his head and poised himself for his counter attack.

 

Her mind raced at the sight of them fighting in spite of her fear. Somebody was bound to get hurt, worst killed. They need to stop before it’s too late. 

 

There was a time when her father had to put down another werewolf after he had crossed over... had gone rogue. His mate died after an accidental fall, breaking her neck. The pack did everything to save him but the human couldn't handle the grief of losing his other half and retreated back. The wolf came forth and took over, but he wasn't the same wolf they had known. He attacked anyone on sight. However, his coat remained a rich chocolate brown whereas Jong In's silver turned black.

 

I am not your mate, but I did this to you.

 

It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out for it happened right after she let them see the damage on her back. 

 

I'll make things right, Jong In. I promise.

 

Kris slumped on the cave floor; his coat bloodied and messed up. The rest of the werewolves snarled as they circled Jong In. But the latter was unfazed, even as they barreled towards him from all directions. Jong In lifted his right paw and sent them crashing to the cave walls. He swiped them though they were flies. More rocks fell and the temperature increased despite the cold air circulating inside the cave. Jong In swiveled his head and locked his eyes on Kris. He took a step forward and she wasted no time.

 

Soo Jin pushed herself up with her bare hands, despite the immense pain. Her lip bled from biting hard as she forced her body to move. With shaking legs, she fought to gain balance and limped forward. Jong In's black wolf growled fiercely at Kris, the horrifying sound bouncing off the cave walls, and her whole body trembled like a leaf in a storm. He had his back towards her and he didn't seem to notice her advance. She didn't have a plan. She didn't even know what she was doing. She just kept going. She had to.

 

Her heart raced. Her eyes blurred. Blood pounded in her ears. Jong In raised his paw and she lunged in front of him.

 

"STOP!"

 

She spread her arms and shut her eyes tight as she braced for impact.

 

Seconds passed and nothing happened. With bated breath, she opened her eyes and saw the black wolf staring at her. His head was cocked to the side, both his paws firmly planted on the ground.

 

Her skin prickled under his scrutiny.

 

"Jong In?" she asked warily, her eyes searching his. But when the wolf made no sign of recognition, her fears were confirmed.

 

She moved to her left and the wolf's gaze followed. She stepped back and he advanced. Soo Jin chanced another step to the left and the wolf responded just as she expected. Her breath came out in pants. And with every step, her body screamed in protest. After a couple more steps that seemed to take forever, Soo Jin successfully led him away from Kris.

 

Without averting her gaze from the wolf, she said, "Doc, please take care of Kris. Get everyone out. I'll...take over from here." 

 

Her request sounded ridiculous even in her own ears. But she can't live knowing that she put others' lives in danger. 

 

Junsu shifted into his human form and staggered. "But, miss-"

 

"Doc, it's alright. Evacuate the cave and block all exits. No one is allowed to enter until I say so." It surprised her how calm her voice was. Inside her chest, her heart sped. She was terrified but someone's bound to get hurt if she did nothing. Her brother was somewhere inside the wolf. He had to be. And she had to bring him back. Aside from their father, she had greater chances of reaching out to him. "Tell daddy...what happened." Her voice almost broke but she pulled herself together.

 

"I am... not going... anywhere without you." Kris remained indignant and Soo Jin knew the guy wasn’t used to following orders. He transformed back into his human form and she didn't dare look. Pants don't just manifest out of thin air. When werewolves shift, their clothes are ripped into shreds. is accepted in the pack but Soo Jin never got used to it. Plus, she couldn't risk breaking eye contact now that she had the wolf's undivided attention. How she was able to concern herself with his state of undress given the circumstances was beyond her.

 

There were four members of the EXO pack inside the cave and he could easily summon the rest of his pack,

Please log in to read the full chapter