Ranked

Claimed and Coveted
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER 10[/CONTENTID1]

 

 

 

[CONTENTID2]RANKED[/CONTENTID2]

 

 

 

[CONTENTID3]

 

Word reached Tae Hyun that his daughter and son were safe. He could finally breathe easier. Thank the heavens! He had feared the worst. But the worst has yet to come. It's not over. It was far from over.

 

In his recent exhange with his eldest, Tae Hyun gleaned an important detail and the mere mention of a name had his hackles rising. Kim Jaejoong. He knew there was something odd about the guy when he first saw him after so many years. And he berated himself for not doing something about it sooner. It was really fortunate that he did not let him have his daughter. Despite his wealth and charm, he knew in his heart that his Soo Jin won't be happy with Jaejoong.

 

From what his daughter told her brothers, it was Jaejoong who orchestrated the attack to "claim" her, to use her as a "means to an end". The audacity of that guy! He would separate his head from his body the very first chance he got!

 

But in retrospect, is he capable of such strong magic? Tae Hyun suspected that a chanter was behind last night's attack. Could a powerful chanter be working for Jaejoong?

 

Soo Jin recounted her experience, and as expected of his daughter, she didn't seem to leave any details out. Tae Hyun really can't stomach how she could have given her first kiss to the likes of that viper but his son had it worst.

 

Jong In was losing his mind in his anger and jealousy. Tae Hyun couldn't stop the grin pulling at his lips hearing his son's thoughts that flowed through their bond unfiltered. His son was unaware he was already projecting.

 

'Why did you have to do that Soo Jin?! You should have called for me!!! Aish, this is driving me insane!'

 

'It is my sole right as your mate to have the first kiss!'

 

'I'll claw out those blasted lips of his if I see him.'

 

'I'll rip out his arms, one after the other.'

 

'Damn it all to hell and back!'

 

'You will never have her, Kim Jaejoong!'

 

Despite the gravity of the situation, Tae Hyun chuckled. He could almost see his son huffing and puffing - his cheeks tinted a fierce red and his eyes and hands partially shifted. His son takes so much after him. And the only reason he and his wolf were able to reign in their anger was her. He guessed correctly when his eldest relayed the situation. She made Jong In and his wolf promise to not explode in anger or she'll never tell them anything. He had to give it to his daughter. She can handle her mate just fine.

 

'This is so unfair!'

 

Jong In's latest outburst gave him pause. It was not fair but life was never fair. One just had to roll with it and come out stronger, wiser - to make the best out of the situation.

 

If only Jaejoong's father, his dear friend, was still around, it wouldn't turn out this way, he thought sadly. Kim Kang Woo disappeared some twenty years ago and Tae Hyun refused to believe he is dead. He sought out his friend's wife to offer aid, but the family shut themselves from everyone.

 

Kim Kang Woo and Byun Jung An are not true mates. And such matings do not produce an heir. Usually. But there are cases, like theirs, that a child is born. Though they haven't found any plausible explanation for such occurrence.

 

With Kang Woo's absence, his pack was left without an Alpha. His direct heir, Jaejoong, didn't form an Alpha bond with the pack. He led for a few months until the Council intervened and integrated his pack to Tae Hyun's. An Alpha bond was formed instantaneously as their wolves acknowledged their new Alpha. If Jaejoong resented him, he didn't show it. Until now. If it was his pack or position as Alpha that he wanted, he should have challenged him and not resort to underhanded means.

 

So many things happened in less than twelve hours and he was certain there would be more. Their enemies were so close to get what they wanted. Tae Hyun believed that Jaejoong is not working alone. Thus, things would definitely get worse from here on. He could scent it in the air, could feel it in the tips of his hair.

 

Tae Hyun spun on his heels and barged inside his conference room. His subordinates had barely stood up when he laid down his first command. A lock-down. Everyone exchanged glances warily and then nodded. "No one will enter and leave without my express permission." He then instructed his Scribe to contact the pack members who were outside his Alpha range to come back. His mental link with his pack had its limits. "I am implementing a curfew. No one stays out of their houses beyond eight in the evening unless I authorize it." If ever there were protests, they were wise to keep it to themselves.

 

Trackers were presently doing a full sweep of the whole perimeter, so he wanted all the remaining betas to be in twelve-hour shifts, patrolling all possible entrances and exits. "I have faith in your fighting skills and endurance. I trained you. But we have to foresee any future attacks on our pack." The betas agreed. Tae Hyun ordered the head of security, Hyun Joong, via their mental link to have more security cameras installed and they will be monitored 24 hours daily. Other details will be discussed later. Needless to say, Jirisan was under maximum security from here on.

 

"Medics should be on stand-by at all times." He turned to the head doctor and the man nodded. "Make sure that the pack hospital has everything we would need." Although they can heal their wounds, werewolves are not immortal. Fortunately, there were no fatal injuries during the first attack. Those who were put under a spell were currently recuperating inside the ward while the surviving werewolves who chased and attacked his children were in the dungeons and were being interrogated.

 

Because of the influx of pack members and the guests who remained, the kitchen would be a very busy place in the coming days. "Cook," he said and the stout woman met his gaze evenly. "You and your team of omegas would have to do your best to feed everyone."

 

"The barn is full and so are our storage rooms but I am concerned that the food supply would not last. We have to order food from the humans," she replied. The pack was self-sufficient. They grow their own fruits and vegetables. Since they can't hunt on a daily basis, else the humans would grow suspicious once the population of animals in Jirisan decreases drastically, they domesticated chicken and pigs.

 

"Do what you must. I am putting you in charge." Cook straightened her back and lifted a chin a tad higher.

 

Next on the agenda were the Werelocks - half weres, half chanters. He tasked them to strengthen the barrier around pack lands and find out who can conjure such powerful magic. He made halmeoni in charge. "I need answers, halmeoni," he added cheekily and the old woman shook her head at him. Tae Hyun was certain that if anyone would know what the hell happened last night, it would be her.

 

The Elder Council would not be happy that they were being left out but Tae Hyun didn't care. His pack, his rules.

 

"Tae Hyun... It's time." 

 

Halmeoni's clear gaze beckoned him and Tae Hyun wordlessly followed her out the door. That was how the shortest meeting  in Busan Pack history was adjourned. Time is too precious to be spent on talking. Halmeoni had called for another meeting with the pack historians and strategists. Just fifteen minutes after six in the morning, it would be one long day ahead of him.

 

 

 

Soo Jin woke up alone in her room. She had slept fitfully the rest of the morning and afternoon despite her protests. She didn't feel weak or tired then but her body was in definitely in need of rest - ten hours of it.

 

It must have been Lay's healing power that she was able to wake up when it should not be possible. She only slept for roughly two hours after she fell unconscious.  And when she woke up, she spent another hour or so, telling her brothers and the rest of the werewolves present what had happened.

 

Was it really Jaejoong that she saw? Hyun Joong asked and even though she nodded resolutely, she still saw the uncertainty in her brother's eyes. Did her eyes deceive her? Is a chanter capable of copying another person's voice and image? A powerful one, yes. But is Jaejoong capable of all the things he did last night? She was uncertain.

 

Needless to say, the werewolves were furious. Even Yoochun, who usually had a strong grip on his emotions, couldn't hide his disdain. His brothers were close to shifting, especially Jong In. Jong In. A sigh escaped her lips. Her brother really needs to manage his temper. He had been so irritable lately. She wouldn't tell on him but if he kept up with his foul temper, their parents would have words for him - lots of it.

 

Thinking about him made her notice his absence. Where is he? Just hours ago, he was fussing over her like a mother hen in his attempts to get her to sleep, she nearly screamed at him in frustration. She tossed away the covers at the memory. Her stomach grumbled, promptly reminding her that she had not eaten since lunch yesterday. Soo Jin made her bed as quickly and neatly as she could.

 

She was not to leave her room unescorted but her stomach cannot wait for an . Despite her brother's strict orders, she marched to the door. 

 

She pulled the door open only to stumble back clumsily inside her room. On the floor, before her, lay an entanglement of hair and limbs. The red haired werewolf was on his back, his arms wrapped around the waist of a growling female. Her palms were planted firmly on the ground, in both sides of his head and her left leg was trapped between his.

 

"Mine." She heard her friend growl in a low feral voice. Soo Jin's initial shock turned to giddyness. Yun Hee found her mate!

 

But in spite of her excitement, Soo Jin was able to gather her thoughts to give them some privacy. She quietly took a step back when her foot stepped on something sharp. She cried out but quickly muffled the sound with her hand. It was too late.

 

Yun Hee whipped her head towards the sound and her fiery gaze met her apologetic one. Her friend growled at her. Soo Jin need not to be told twice. She til

Please log in to read the full chapter