Normalcy [FULL]

Claimed and Coveted
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER 12[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]NORMALCY[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

 

"Jong In?"

 

Her voice, though soft and wary, filled his room. He had gone quiet all of a sudden once again. Lately, he had been zoning off frequently. His mind always seemed to wander elsewhere. It bothered her that he won't share his thoughts.

 

"What is it?" she asked, as she let her hands drop from his face. But he caught them and pressed her hands back to his cheeks.

 

Werewolves have high body temperatures. They stay warm despite the cold weather. The windows in his room were open and yet Jong In felt like he was burning with a very high fever. She worried that it's not normal.

 

"You're hot." Her forehead creased in worry.

 

His head cocked to the left - the first reaction she got from him - and then he smirked.

 

"Wha- Hey!" She wanted to slap the smug look on his face. "You are so full of yourself."

 

But her reaction only encouraged him and he bellowed in laughter at her expense - its rich sound, although infuriating, is a welcome treat.

 

"You are hopeless." She shook her head at him but a smile lips. Just to be certain, she pulled her hands from his grasp. It earned her a childish pout from him. But she ignored his puckered lips and felt his forehead.

 

"Are you sure you are not having a fever?"

 

He nodded eagerly, beaming at her.

 

"Jong In, will you please answer me when I ask a question," she chastised but she soon regretted her words when he looked away.

 

"Hey... Jong In... I-"

 

Looking closely at him, at his dark brown eyes ringed with amber, realization dawned on her and she gasped. "Oh no... I'm sorry. So sorry. Kai, I didn't know it was you," she fumbled with her apology. "Kai..."

 

Not knowing how to apologize properly, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and closed the gap between them. "I missed you," she mumbled. "I’m happy to see you again." She pulled away to get good look at him, loosening her hold but Kai wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her to his lap.

 

She squeaked in surprise and laughed while he smiled up at her, looking very pleased with himself. His eyes shone bright and she couldn't stop herself from staring at the delight reflected on his face.

 

 

A smile that mirrored his own tugged her lips and his eyes were automatically drawn to them. He wondered if they were as soft and sweet as they looked.

 

'Stop it, Kai!' Jong In bellowed and pushed for dominance. 'I said, enough!'

 

But despite Jong In's struggles to pull him away from where his thoughts were heading, Kai leaned forward, his gaze intent on their prize. Because no matter how Jong In argued with him, he knew that his human half would love to claim those lips and after everything they had to deal with, they definitely deserve some form of reward.

 

Their heart jack-hammered. Their heartbeat drowned everything in existence, until all that is left is her. Inch by inch, he conquered the space between them, his left hand moving to the small of her back, pushing her forward.

 

Her lips parted and breath rushed out, releasing a tiny sound that empowered him.

 

Jong In’s protests quieted.

 

Kai closed their eyes and closed the remaining distance.

 

It was… painful. One moment bliss was within reach and then the next, chaos slammed him from behind, taking his breath away. His face stung after getting close and personal with the hardwood floor.

 

He was centimeters away from her – he was certain – when new scents assaulted his senses. But before he could act –or react – their weight or weights bore down on him, pushing him off the bed. He landed on the floor, face down, with a strong thud, followed by a muffled oath disguised as a groan. The twins may have fooled the others with their little six-year-old frames but they were packed with a force enough to bring a full grown were down, especially one who was distracted.

 

It was by some miracle or just quick reflexes that he didn't drag her down with him.

 

“Jong In! Jong In!” Exuberant voices chorused as they abused his back. He growled in frustration but made no attempts to dislodge them.

 

“This is so cool! We got him!” Youngmin exclaimed and from the sound of it, high-fived his twin.

 

"Totally!" Kwangmin cheered and chanted, “Piggy-back! Piggy-back!”

 

“Me, me, me!” Choon Hee piped. "Me too!"

 

'The runts! What are they doing here?'

 

He remained flat on the floor, making no attempt to push himself up and demean himself. He was no pig.

 

'Beats me.'

 

'Aren’t they supposed to be asleep?'

 

The mixed scent of powder and baby filled his nostrils as Choon Hee toddled near him. Her chubby hands grabbed his hair. A chubby leg lifted followed by the other, smothering his face with diaper.

 

'Well, they are awake now.'

 

'I can see that, smart . Don’t tell me you are not the least bit annoyed at the interruption. We were so close!'

 

A fat foot connected with his nose, eliciting another groan. He gave her bottom a lift. Behind him or rather over him, the twins were having a blast but despite the noise, Jong In's silence rang loud and clear.

 

'I knew it. You can’t hide anything from me. You wanted her too!'

 

'Of course I do, you idiot! But at least I care about what she would feel once she realizes her brother kissed her!'

 

'I am not her brother!'

 

Thump. Someone's foot connected with his skull. Hard. He hissed.

 

'I won’t kiss her until she accepts that fact… until she sees me as someone she could love… as her mate. Her opinion matters most to me.'

 

'She wouldn't know it if we don't show her!'

 

Something cold brushed against his nape - cold and wet making him shiver. He pulled away but his shirt was pulled back by someone making gurgling and blubbering noises.

 

'And then what? Do you expect her to just forget that we are her brothers? Do you think she wouldn't be confused and not feel awkward around us? What will you do if she starts avoiding us and then leave us for good?'

 

'She won't! She can't!'

 

A thud. A thump. A smack. And then another.

 

'We don't know that for certain.'

 

'We won't let her.'

 

'Right. Because forcing her to submit will make her accept us.'

 

Another thud. A rip. A slap. Someone was pulling his leg.

 

'You are not helping.'

 

'So are you! You almost ruined our chances! We've discussed this a thousand times, why won't you try to at least compromise?'

 

'I hate this.'

 

A plump bottom planted itself on his shoulders, bounced twice and rubbed against him for good measure.

 

'I know. But we would do this for her. No matter how hard.'

 

'She's worth it.'

 

'Every bit of sacrifice.'

 

 

 <

Please log in to read the full chapter