Restrained [Part 1]

Claimed and Coveted
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER FIFTEEN[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]RESTRAINED[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Ahh, dongsaeng.” Dr. Shim raked his hair, as he browsed the document. For a PhD holder, it should not take so much time to peruse a single page and yet, that’s exactly what he'd been doing since the moment she asked.

 

“Let’s wait until you are completely healed." They were the exact same words he told her a week ago, in the exact same patronizing tone; even his posture was unchanged - leaning against his own table, legs crossed.

 

“What do you mean by that oppa?” she asked, dropping all pretenses, as she remained standing. “Didn’t Junsu-oppa send you my medical clearance?

 

“He did,” Changmin replied slowly as he lifted his gaze. He was gauging her. She could tell that he was carefully constructing another excuse. “I can’t risk your wounds getting any infection or irritation. There might me irritants in the lab or from the plants in the greenhouse.”

 

"But-"

 

The phone rang and one of his assistants called him. He sighed audibly, as if he was saved from peril. She turned towards the double doors without another word and marched the distance from the greenhouse back to the mansion with her betas shadowing her. For some reason, she could always sense them.

 

Her scalp prickled, and it's not because of the sun beating down her back. Infection? Irritation? Scabs have crusted over her wounds. Some have already peeled to reveal healed skin. She still looked battered, what with her bruises having an ugly shade of yellow-and-purple, but she felt fine. All thanks to the healers and their medicines. Jong In's first aid helped a great deal. Dr. Junsu said the wounds were healing fine. So what exactly was going on?

 

 

When she stepped into the foyer, raised voices assaulted her. Her temple throbbed and her hands clenched at the words being thrown from down the hall where the conference room is located. The Elders were giving her father a hard time. Again. She closed her eyes and counted to ten. She already passed a hundred and she realized that the urge to give them a piece of her mind never waned, only strengthened.

 

Soo Jin took a step forward. Their stay was no longer welcome. They had no right to talk to her father that way.

 

But before she even reached the great circular rug at the center, her skin raised into goosebumps at the fury in her mother's voice. A chuckle escaped her lips at the turn of events as her mother put them in their rightful places. She would have loved to see the stunned look on their faces.

 

Her mother is a formidable force and her temper is not to be reckoned with. Being raised by an Alpha and four older brothers, her mother grew a spine tougher than steel. Her classic beauty and graceful bearing was a contrast to the warrior within. And her hope was that she could somehow be strong like her as well.

 

Soo Jin noted that she was no longer annoyed at everyone (which is mildly putting it). It didn't mean that she had let her father off the hook. They would still have to talk. She would make him see reason. But somehow, her mother’s strength boosted some of hers to get rid of the negative baggage she was carrying.

 

Her gaze lifted to the upper floors but the idea of spending the rest of the day in her room held no appeal. Maybe she could visit Choon Hee. She's at the daycare center with the little ones while her other siblings were in school.

 

The twins thought it was so cool that she no longer had to go, unlike them. They whined about that the whole day yesterday until she gave them a new goal: finish all their studies as fast as they can. The horrified looks their teachers gave her when she said that at the dining hall made her want to take the words back. She forgot that her siblings could be little terrors.

 

Across her at the table was Sun Hee. She was quiet and pensive - no doubt adding more items to her list. She's organized like that.

 

Their youngest was happily chatting away in her lap, making her own plans as well, and she responded as much as she could.

 

Their parents were seated in another table, talking with the other Alphas. She and her siblings understood the change in dinner arrangements.

 

On her left was Jong In. And he was in one of his moods. Again. She saw him took off twice for a run and she wondered if it had to do with any of his courses or classmates.  He usually runs every morning and afternoon to clear his head. But somehow, it didn't seem to make him feel better based on the frequency of his runs.

 

When they were at the caves, he told her of his plan to study online.  Soo Jin thought it was a good idea. It would be safer for him to stay within pack lands and finish his studies through distance learning. She could help monitor his schedule so that he would be able to submit his assignments and projects on time. And he could always drive back to the university for the exams. He was able to register for online classes but he still was still required to show up at the university once a week, usually Saturdays.

 

She wanted to ask what was bothering him; she did promise that she would help him. But one look at him and she knew it was best to leave him be.

 

Now, as she stood in the middle of the grand foyer, Soo Jin felt the need to see him. Maybe she could do something, anything, to help him. She turned back towards the main doors and asked, "Have you seen Jong In?"

 

A beta stepped from the shadows. His whole face covered except for his eyes, and he reminded her of a black cat – not that she had the gumption to tell a werewolf that.

 

"The young master is at the training hall."

 

Soo Jin sighed. There was no way she would be allowed inside. It was for safety reasons. But it's not like her brother would lose control and hurt... her.

 

Was that it? Was he losing control to... to the black wolf? Was it the black wolf that was bothering him and Kai?

 

 

 

 

His training couldn't start soon enough. Whatever halmeoni planned for him, he would do it, if only to fight off the hunger that was growing each day. He was at his wits end. His control weakening at her presence. He had run himself to exhaustion for several nights. But even in his sleep, she was there haunting him. Only his mate could be a dream and a nightmare at the same time.

 

He still couldn't get a hold of her phone. Literally. Hold her phone. Her lame excuse of a comeback - okay it was brilliant - tortured him for days on end. And he wouldn't rest until he got to the bottom of it. It rankled him that he couldn't tell whether it was a joke or not.

 

There was no deception in her scent. She did send a pho

Please log in to read the full chapter