019

Gangnam High

Was that Myungsoo?

 

Suzy froze in her tracks, nearly dropping her teddy bear that had been her companion since young. 

 

Someone sat at the steps of the school building, staring up at the stars. Suzy hugged her bear even tighter as she slowly inched forward, fully knowing the consequences if she were to be caught. But her love for Myungsoo overcame that fear. She peeked out from behind a pillar at the silohette of a young man. There was no doubt about it, it was Kim Myungsoo. She couldn't afford for him to see her. It was too dangerous. On the other hand, she wanted to thank him for thinking of an excuse for her that Phys Ed class. But would he accept that thanks? Suzy couldn't bear the embarrassment if he turned cold towards her once again.

 

She stared lovingly at Myungsoo, as he in turn looked up at the star filled sky. Suzy remembered what he had said about the stars. Him, and her... But they were not to be. So many lies... A betrayal... How much more dramatic would it be? He had moved on, she hadn't. She clung onto him like a little girl would to her parents on the first day of school. He was her security blanket. She needed him. But he had grown up in the process. He didn't want her anymore. Suzy couldn't help but cry silently, as tears rolled down her ashen pale cheeks. 

 

She walked quietly back to her room. Her bedroom slippers padded slowly on the marble floor. She froze several times, sure that a teacher had heard her, but the footsteps would pass, and she would continue. But then she stopped at the end of the hallway. And turned back.

 

The boy was still sitting there, gazing up at the night sky.