Confusion

Smile Again {hiatus}

Sungyeol POV:

My head snapped up at the voice.

What is she doing?

Why is she protecting HyunA?

Where did she go?

My mind was flooded with thoughts and I look at her with a confused face. My hand dropped and she stormed up to us.

“Sungyeol-ssi, what did you intend on doing?” If looks could kill…I would be dead, ten folds. I was speechless. What was I going to do? Why did I lose control like that? “You have no business, confronting someone like this.”

“I-I…”

“I don’t care. This is none of your business. HyunA and I already settled everything, so before you go running off and telling everyone, I suggest that you mind your own business.” Her words were hard.

Clear of her intention, I left.

I went outside. I had to clear my head.

What was going to happen if she didn’t stop me? Was I really that out of control?

I was not in the right mind. The wind blew and I sat out at the front.

I was messed up.

I had no idea what possessed my body like that. I would never hurt a soul, and yet, there I was…about to hit a girl.

My body was shaking with adrenaline. I needed to get out of there. I needed to get all this energy out of me.

I called my parents, and told them that I didn’t feel well. They called me out of school and I was excused from all my classes.

I called my driver and he drove me home. Stepping into my house, I ran straight to my room and the frustrations got the best of me and I felt the need to punch something.

Walking to the indoor gym, I find the punching bag and take out my anger on it. I don’t know what has gotten into me. I just wanted to get rid of all the negative emotions inside of me.

Could she be the only person who frustrates me to this extent?

Why am I acting this way?

There was no rhyme or reason why I just wanted to protect her so much. I just wanted to.

When I knew that it was HyunA who landed her in the hospital, I just wanted to confront her and force her to tell the truth, but when she kept denying it…I wanted…I don’t know.

Everything that I was thinking about left me as soon as I was hitting the punching bag.

All the thoughts and feeling that consumed my entire being left and I was left an empty shell.

I couldn’t force her to love me. I can’t do that to a person, especially after her heart was broken by my best friend.

Who would do that? I wouldn’t dare. He is my best friend and she is the girl that I love.

I am unclear of her feelings, but I know that he is now in love with her. So what am I supposed to do? Stab my best friend in the back? No. I wouldn’t. I couldn’t.

Should I give up?

Man…the punching bag is going to break if I keep thinking.

 

Normal POV:

“Are you okay?” You ask HyunA after Sungyeol left.

She nodded and you stand there.

“Are you sure?”

She nodded again and you don’t know what to do.

“Ah…well. I think I’m going to go eat.” You step away from her and after a few paces, and you stop suddenly when you hear a mumbled ‘thanks’. You stare at the wall in front of you for a few seconds before heading into the cafeteria with a small, but meaningful, smile on your face.

Your friends were cheerfully talking when you sat with them at your table. They smiled at you and they told you of their plans on attending Yoohye’s family’s fundraising banquet. There would be many people there, and it was a family event, but your family was out of the country and they probably wouldn’t be back for a while.

Your friends urge you to go with them or your aunt and uncle, and you really want to decline the offer, but your aunt and you cousin were going and you knew that they expected you to be there.

Grudgingly, you nod and your friends squeal in excitement over the shopping that they were definitely going to do for this event.

The auditions were next week and there was not much time to think about other things.  Now, you have to worry about a snooty people fundraiser.

You love your friends, but their families were…not very kind to those who are poor. Your parents were the opposite, which was why you had no objections to their needs.

They created an organization to help those in need and they let you help them run it since they were busy all the time.

You sighed thinking about the people who would ask you about your parents, the people who try to get in a good word for a mere partnership with your parents. It gave you a headache.

You listen as your friends blabber about the fundraiser and you head wanders off to the event that occurred earlier.

What was he thinking exactly?

How did he know it was HyunA?

Where is he now?

Should I go and look for him?

I was a bit harsh…

He shouldn’t have come into my business…

I can handle things on my own.

He was in the wrong…right?

In any means, the auditions were right around the corner and you needed to advertise for it.

There was so much stress and you had all of it on your shoulders.

You went to the library after school and decided that you should crack down on getting posters for the talent show which would be held two weeks after the audition.

The library was mostly empty except for the few librarians and a few students who seemed to be studying. For the next few hours, you would spend your time here, planning an event that was supposed to happen two weeks ago. You were so upset at the fact that the actual talent show was supposed to happen this week, but instead it got pushed back.

You worked for two hours straight without even stressing about the people who were counting on you.

Hyesoo accompanied you to the library to make sure that you wouldn’t skip any meals and her heart softened at the sight of you working so hard.

“Young Miss, are you sure no one is going to help you?” Hyesoo didn’t want you to spend all this time working by yourself.

“Yes, Hyesoo, I’m fine working by myself,” you answer with a short sigh.

“No, she’s not.”

Your eyes widen at the sight of the male.