More than Anyone

Smile Again {hiatus}

“Oh, Sungyeol oppa…thank you.” You give him a light smile and he grins at you.

“See you at the auditions later,” he says to you, right when Myungsoo and HyunA walk in.

“Mhm, see you later oppa.”  You quickly glance at Myungsoo before smiling at Sungyeol.

Myungsoo looked confused between you and Sungyeol and he gave Sungyeol a questioning look. Sungyeol smirked and Myungsoo just brushed it off. He didn’t have any feelings for you anyway…right?

He didn’t know. He felt emptiness after you left his side, but he didn’t know why.

Your teacher entered the classroom, and class proceeded throughout the day.

You wrote down the notes and sighed because you learned this already. You have a private tutor that comes over every other weekend to teach you new material that will keep you ahead in school. You love school, but because of your activities, you are too busy to stay focused.

You knew that you were at the top of your school, but that wouldn’t stop you from trying in school.

The bell rang and you sighed happily.

Lunch time.

You organize your things, and your friends head to lunch before you do. You smile at your fan boys and wave them to go on ahead, and you sit there for a minute.

A lot of things were going on in your life and your mind was always preoccupied.

“Look who the cat dragged in.” HyunA and her four other friends stopped while on their way to the lunch room. They saw you sitting in the class, staring off into space and HyunA though that it would be the perfect opportunity to mess with you.

No one else was around so they couldn’t stop her.

“Oh…I was about to leave,” you say as you stand up.

“Not so fast…” HyunA pushes you back down and you look up at her, surprised. “I’m surprised at you. You are a relationship trasher, you know?”

“I didn’t trash anything.” You try to stand again, but this time, her friends push you down to the floor.

“You trashed my relationship with Myungsoo. It used to be so fun, but then you ruined it with your stupid nosiness. Now he won’t even give me the time of day,” she says with a kick to your stomach.

The impact takes you by surprise and you gasp while tears quickly fill your eyes.

“He won’t play with me,” kick, “he won’t talk to me on the phone,” kick, “and it’s all because of you!” and with that, she kicked you three more times.

You stayed still and when she looked like she was done, you tried to get up.

“I’m not done yet. You deserve to be ruined, but I’m nice enough to let you stay at this school.” You look at her, and she smirked at you. You didn’t give her any emotion, which you think ticked her off because she started to claw at your arms and you stood there, motionless.

Your arms were bleeding, and her friends started to join in, as well.

You were numb when they left. You were left on the ground, bleeding on your arms and legs, and you let your tears fall like how you fell.

Your arms and legs were burning, and you had no strength to get up.

You laid there, for what felt like an eternity, with tears leaking from your eyes.

You wanted to disappear at that moment.

Nothing in your life was worth getting beaten for.

No heartbreak was worth five girls clawing at you.

You realized that being with Myungsoo had damaged you emotionally, and now, physically. Heck, you weren’t even with the guy anymore, and yet you still got beat.

You mind was in a blur and you felt your consciousness slipping away.

Faint footsteps were heard in the distance and you tried to stay awake.

You tried to keep your eyes open, but they were as heavy as a thousand bricks.

The walls of your classroom slip away and you fell into a deep slumber.

 

Sungyeol POV:

Lunch was over, and she didn’t show up at all.

I waited and waited. I wanted to see if she was okay.

I watched everyone walk through the doors of the cafeteria and I started to grow worried. The thing that worried me the most was that HyunA and 4minute never showed up either, until the very end of lunch, that is.

Did she do something to her?

Did they hurt her?

Where is she?

Is she okay?

All these questions ran through my mind and I felt anxious.

I glanced at the table she usually went to with her friends and fan boys, and they all looked at each other uneasily.

So this wasn’t planned.

Her friends left the lunchroom, I think, in search for her. They scurried out and I left shortly after them.

They reached the classroom and Soomi called her name and rushed over to where she was. Yoohye and Ah Ri looked at each other with worried expressions and they held each other while stumbling over to her.

I cautiously enter the class where I see her.

She was on the ground.

She had blood all over her arms and legs.

She was broken.

She was broken and I had no right to be with her at that moment.

Soomi kept calling her name but she wouldn’t wake up.

My legs carried me over to where she was.

I looked at Soomi, Yoohye, and Ah Ri and my hands shook when I reached out to Soomi.

She looked up at me, astonished.

Yoohye and Ah Ri looked at me with tears running down their faces.

“L-let me t-take h-her…” I forced the words out of my mouth. “I-I’ll take her to the nurse.”

Soomi had doubt in her eyes but she gave me a tiny nod and moved aside to let me take her to the infirmary.

As I pick her up in my arms, I hear the gasps of other students and then the voice of our teacher. I turn and meet the eyes of the person who caused all of this. I sent him a little glare and he swallowed a lump in his throat.

“What is going on?” Our teacher pushed his way through the students and dropped his papers in shock at the sight of her. “What…what happened?”

“We found her on the ground…I need to take her to the clinic.” Our teacher nods once and forces the students to make way for me to get through.

I need her to be okay.

I need her to get better.

I need her to be happy.

I need her to heal.

I need her.

I need her.

I need her.

I love her.

I love her.

More than anyone will ever know.