Drained

Smile Again {hiatus}

Sungyeol POV:

I took her to the nurse and there was too much blood lost.

We had to take her to the hospital.

The doctors looked at her and recognized her immediately.

She was the director’s youngest cousin. Apparently, she visited her grandmother everyday when her grandmother was dying. The staff was shocked at the state that she was in.

The head nurse called her cousin, the director of the hospital, and told him the condition she was in. I heard the director yelling over the phone and the nurse received orders instantly.

The nurse was ordered to get a full-body x-ray done to see if there was any internal damage. She was also ordered to get a CT scan and an MRI to see further damage that could have been caused.

The nurse took her away from me and I waited with the principal and swim coach outside in the waiting area.

My mind was racing, and I kept praying that she would be okay.

I wanted her to be fine and bright again.

I felt tears slip from my eyes and I touched them in astonishment. I never cry.

I only cry…for important reasons.

That thought made me sigh and rest my head on my arms.

I look up again, at the sound of footsteps.

The director of the hospital came into our view and I thought that he looked familiar.

“Thank you for taking my cousin here, Principal Kim. I really appreciate it.” Her cousin was handsome.

“No problem, Woo Bin. She is the school’s gem. We need her to be in the best condition.”

Jeon Woo Bin? He was the school’s heart throb years ago. That’s why he looked so familiar!

“Well, she is number one in the school, and now league MVP in swimming. Naturally, there would be some jealousy in her classmates, right?” Coach Lee was ticked.

Who would do this to her star swimmer?

Why would they do this in the first place?

“Calm down, Lee.” Principal Kim sneakily glanced at me, which made Woo Bin look at me.

“Are you the boy who carried her here?”

I nodded. I didn’t realize that I felt like my soul left.

“Well, thank you so much. Without your help, I don’t know if she would wake up.”

That statement made me want to break down.

She wouldn’t wake up?

I saved her.

“There was a lot of internal bruising on the ribs, and it seemed like someone or, quite a few people beat her pretty badly. There was also an addition head injury because of the impact that was caused from her hitting her head on the ground.” Woo Bin looked like it was killing him, standing there and talking to us, when he really wanted to be with his cousin.

“Woo Bin-ah, don’t worry about explaining to us. Go be with your cousin. I’ll be back to visit her tomorrow.” Principal Kim smiled warmly at Woo Bin, and ushered me and Coach Lee away.

 

We got back to school and the students were buzzing with the news of the angel. Her fan boys were crying and cursing at the non-existent (for now) person who did this to her.

Principal Kim made an announcement that the auditions for the talent show would be held after she got out of the hospital.

I watched for Myungsoo’s reaction and he had no emotion. There was no expression on his face. He glanced at he and a flicker of worry showed in his eyes, but it disappeared as soon as it appeared.

HyunA was smirking, fixing her nails, and I knew at that moment, that it was that witch. It only confirmed my feelings for her. I hated her and I would do anything to make sure that she gets what she deserves.

 

 

Normal POV:

Your arms were bandaged up.

Your head was pounding.

Your legs wouldn’t move.

Your lungs burned.

Your vision was blurring.

The sight in front of you was horrifying.

You heard a familiar voice and slowly looked for the voice.

“Woo Bin oppa…?” Your words were slurred, but still understandable.

His head snapped in your direction and he ended his conversation with the nurse.

“You’re awake?” Woo Bin took your hand in his and you felt your head pound.

“What is going on?” Your voice was hoarse and it only came out as a whisper.

“I…you…you need time to heal. I called your parents, and they are taking a temporary break from their meetings to see you.” He looked hurt.

“Are you okay, oppa?”

“Look at you…caring about other people when you should be worried about yourself.” He laughed and you cracked a smile.

“I can’t help it.”

“That’s why you’re in this position.” You knew what happened to you, then. It rushed back into your head and it caused you to faint again.

You heard Woo Bin calling your name repeatedly and you wouldn’t respond.

It was too difficult to hear his voice after a few seconds. It was hard to bear anything at this point.

In this new slumber that you were in, you just wanted to give up.

You wanted to let go of everything in your life, and it really felt like you had finally hit rock bottom.

You hit it hard, and you didn’t want to get out of the hole.

It was too deep.

It was so deep that if you tried climbing, you felt like you would fall all over again.

You didn’t know what to do.

You were done.

You were tired.

You were drained.

How was anything supposed to get you back up and running again?

 

 

 

A/N:

 

So sorry for the late update! I was at a wedding yesterday and I was busy helping my sister with her makeup! :/ Updating the story completely slipped my mind and I apologize to you all!

I hope you enjoyed reading!

xoxo,

Jaime T.