Congrats!

Smile Again {hiatus}

Swim practice was on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, while your meetings for student council were on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You were busy every day after school, and on top of that, you had homework and swim meets on weekends.

You didn’t have time to meet with friends very often, so you cherished every moment you had with them. They came and supported you at swim meets, where you would often place first or second. When you didn’t have swim meets, they would have games and you would go support them there.

That was your routine for the next few weeks, until Sungyeol reminded you about the judges.

He called your name in the hall and you turned to look at him. It was the middle of the day, and you looked around to make sure that Myungsoo wasn’t around.

“He’s not with me. He’s with Suzy.” Sungyeol looked at you knowingly.

“Oh…sorry. I just assumed…nevermind. What did you need?” You look at him, and he was staring at you.

“I was just wondering, since tomorrow is the auditions, should we start looking for the judges?”

“Oh my goodness! I almost forgot about that!” You start to feel anxious and he takes a hold of your shoulder, which, for some odd reason, calms you down.

“Relax, its fine. Just worry about the auditions tomorrow first.” He smiles kindly at you and you stare at the ground and nod. “Just take a deep breath and everything will be just fine.”

You do as you’re told and his words calm you down.

“I’m sorry. I’ll be there tomorrow!” You start to walk away from him and yell at him from down the hallway. “3 o’clock sharp!”

You smile as you say it, and you see him give you a nice warm smile.

It made you very happy, for some reason.

 

“Girls, take a break!” Coach Lee was watching your team practice and you couldn’t help but feel that if you guys got in trouble, that it would be your fault.

You stop at the end of the lane and look up at your coach.

She smiles at you and you look up at her, nervous.

“Congratulations, you’ve been voted as the league MVP of this season,” your coach tells you.

“W-what? Really? What…the….?” You were dumbfounded, and the girls around you cheered so loudly. “I didn’t even realize that I was nominated…”

“Well, I honestly didn’t know if you would win or not, so I just kept this to myself. You were nominated at the beginning of the season because of your fantastic records last season, and apparently you had a lot of supporters wherever they asked,” Coach Lee responded. She looked like she wanted to throw a big party, and you?

You didn’t know what to make of this news.

Of course it was a big deal, but it’s not like you ever made that your goal.

How on earth…did this happen??

Being the league MVP was a huge honor, and you never imagined that you would get that honor.

You were always one to try your best, and although you were one of the best swimmers that the sport had seen in high schools, you never thought that you would be nominated as the MVP, much less be voted as the MVP.

Swim practice resumed, and once it ended, your team and coach wanted to celebrate with you. After you and your team washed up, they took you out and you all went to get ice cream. Coach Lee and your team chatted happily about this new ordeal, while you just smiled and let then congratulate you.

That night you went home and your parents called to tell you congratulations, and you called your friends over to tell them the strange news.

“Really?! You’re the MVP?! That’s great! Why on earth do you not want this?!” Soomi wanted to smack you.

“It’s not that I didn’t want this…it’s…I never made it my goal, and I never even knew that I was nominate, so I feel like I’m taking someone’s goal away.” You sigh and look down.

“Hey, you earned that fair and square.” Ah Ri stuck a strawberry in and winked at you.

“Yeah, I mean who else is as hard working as you and can beat out all the other schools in our region?” Yoohye looked at you with one of her famous looks.

“I just feel…guilty. I never did much to recieve even get a nomination.” You sigh again and they all roll their eyes at you.

“You are way too humble.” Soomi chuckled at you.

“Yeah, learn to accept that you are actually important and accept the things you deserve,” Yoohye said.

“Whatever, guys. I am who I am.” You shrug and they laugh at your strange behavior.

 

The next day, your driver drops you off again, and you thank him with a kind smile. Outside your window is a bunch of signs telling you congratulations.

 You sigh and step out of your car, waving to your driver before you turn and face your fan boys.

“OUR PRINCESS!”

“HAPPY DAY TO OUR NEW MVP!”

“SUCH AN HONOR TO BE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN MVP!”

“YOU’RE THE BEST!”

“I HOPE YOU BEAT EVERYONE!”

You give them a small smile, while they keep screaming your name and chanting congratulatory messages.

You enter your class after going to your locker, and you feel the stares of your classmates. Most of the kids in your class loved you so they came up to you to congratulate you as well.

You thank them and you see Soomi and Yoohye enter. You sigh in relief and they chuckle, seeing how happy you were to see them.

“Where’s Ah Ri?” They all usually carpooled together.

“She had a family emergency.” Soomi sighed. You knew that Soomi would overreact, and that’s why you were the closest with her, because you understood that, and that is why Yoohye and Ah Ri get along better, because they understand each other better. You all loved being together, but when it came to pairings, everyone knew that Soomi had to be with you and Yoohye and Ah Ri were together.

“Oh, I see.” You nod, and smile. You would have to go and visit her later.

Yoohye smiled kindly at you and you wink.

“So, anyways. Do you guys have any idea on what the talent at this school is?” Soomi raises her brow at you.

You shake your head, and tell her that, even though you were in charge, you didn’t know if this school had it in them.

You hear a familiar voice call you name and you look up.

“Congrats, swimming MVP.” Sungyeol gave you a smile.

You heart wavered for a second, before you hesitantly shut off your emotions, and thanked him.

 

 

 

A/N:

Sorry for the late update! Life got in the way! >-<

Hope you enjoyed it! Remember to comment and give me some feedback!

 

xoxo,

Jaime T.