Battle Of The Proposals- Part 1

The Couple Next Door (Sequel To Ahjumma Next Door)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATTLE OF THE PROPOSALS- PART 1

 

 

 

JIYONG'S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Babe where are you?'' I asked her over the phone as I stepped out of the car. I looked back and saw Joongki hyung who just arrived too. From here, I can see the boys are already complete inside the resto and I think... Well... Wait…

 

 

Is that CL?

 

 

*Gasps!

 

 

 

What the hell is she doing here???

 

 

 

Imma kill that rat later on for bringing Chaerin along! I told him it's the boys' meeting!!!

 

 

 

 

But for now...

 

 

 

Okay... I need to get a grip of things…

 

 

 

 

 

 

OH MY ING GOODNESS I'M A GOING TO BE A DAD SOOOOOON!!!

 

 

 

I MEAN, YAH! I'M ALREADY A DAD. THERE'S A LIFE THAT'S GROWING INSIDE MY JAGIYA'S WOMB AND THAT'S MY CHILD!

 

 

 

OUR LITTLE KWON! KYAAAAH!!!

 

 

 

AHAHAHAHA!!!

 

 

 

 

EHERRRRM!!! 

 

 

 

 

 

''Yoboseyo? Oh, sorry baby... Where are you again?'' I tried to act as calm as I can.

 

 

 

''Oh, I... I'm here at the hospital---''

 

 

 

''HOSPITAL??? WHAT? YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE? ARE YOU OKAY? HOW DO YOU FEEL? I'L GO THERE!!! WAIT FOR ME---''

 

 

 

''Jiyong, hey... Calm down. I'm just here to visit Hyun Bin and Eunbi... Why are you being like that?'' she asked me and I can just mentally whack my head, reminding myself again that I should act as if I don't know anything about it yet.

 

 

 

But it's hard!!!

 

 

Damn it!

 

 

 

 

 

I couldn't help but feel worried about her!

 

 

 

A while ago, I immediately wanted to fly to her side and just check on her. Maybe she needs me or she wants to eat something and all. But Joongki hyung the bastard reminded me about my proposal.

 

 

 

 

''I'm sorry, babe... I was somehow hoping I could be there with you. B-b-ut... Something came up here. You keep safe neh? Who's with you?''

 

 

 

''Oh... I'm with Minzy. CL said she needs to go somewhere.''

 

 

 

 

I had to clamp my mouth before I could spill that her bff is here.

 

 

 

''Ah... I see. Yah... Stay safe arasso? Call me if as often as you can.''

 

 

 

''Neh. I'll try. Bye Ji...''

 

 

“I love you baby… so damn much…”

 

 

“Aiyoo Jiyong-ah… I know…” she said and I hear her chuckle before hanging up on me.

 

 

Aigoo… really can’t make her say those three words when she’s in public.

 

 

 

I heaved a deep breath and slowly made my way inside the resto.

 

 

 

 

 

''OH GOD!!!'' CL's hands flew to upon our arrival.

 

 

 

My eyes widened in shock upon remembering I just made Joongki hyung my human punching bag earlier. I'm doomed! Damn it! CL's not a good enemy. I can tell just by the horrified look on Seungri's face.

 

 

I'm really going to kill this panda! Why the hell did he even bring Chaerin here!!!

 

 

 

 

''I just... Tripped... Err... somewhere… I fell face first...'' Joongki hyung said and I could just gawk at him. I don't know if I should thank him or should hit him for thinking of such a lame excuse.

 

 

“Seriously now oppa? You obviously got beaten…” Oh I knew it! It’s hard to fool her! Aisht!

 

 

 

“I… We… Fine!!! We fought… Yeah. We did.” I just blurted out and I mean, what’s the use in keeping secrets?

 

The boys let out a gasp.

 

 

“I knew it! Aisht!” CL said as she hit her forehead. She then ran to her cousin and scanned his face.

 

“Are you alright oppa?” she asked and Joongki hyung just nodded and threw me a helpless look. “Jiyong oppa! Look what you’ve done! I hate you! Aisht!”

 

 

I could just scrunch up my face in guilt as I looked away. Damn… That was one heck of…

 

 

“It’s alright… That’s just a misunderstanding between us but it’s settled now.”

 

“I can see it’s settled now…” Seungri butted in. “Calm down cat… They’re okay now, right hyung?”

 

 

“Aisht!!! What are you two? Kids? Seriously!!! Aiyoo!” CL exclaimed as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

 

 

“Uhmm… Well…” I tried to speak up to divert the topic to a more serious matter but it’s quite hard to start.

 

 

This is awkward.

 

 

“So… you disturbed us when we all know we don’t have enough sleep yet… What do we have here?” TOP hyung asked as he yawned.

 

 

I turned to CL and hesitated because my head is in total chaos I don’t know what to do anymore. Everything’s been running inside my mind the next thing I know, CL beat me to speaking about the matter.

 

 

“He’s going to be a father…”

 

 

 

 

The boys literally dropped their jaws.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“BWOOOOH???”

 

 

 

 

Oh yeah, I expected these idiots to react this way. I bet everyone else reacted this way upon hearing the news.

 

 

“DAMN BRO CONGRATULATIONS!!!” each of them greeted me with a handshake. Oh these brothers of mine. They’re just the sweetest… Aiyoo.

 

 

“ man, it really runs in the brotherhood… Good genes man… Good---” TOP hyung wasn’t able to continue anymore because Seungri was scowling at him already.

 

 

“Yah, cut it! There’s a girl in here! Aisht!” Seungri said as he wrapped an arm protectively around  CL’s shoulders. “Yah kitty cat… Why don’t we make our own---UGHHH!!! YAHHH!”

 

 

 

“Serves you right you ert!” CL nudged him hard and we can just laugh at the maknae’s pained reaction.

 

 

“Look, I’m here because I was somehow expecting you could help me because Dara unnie was planning to…” CL squinted her eyes and looked questioningly at Joongki hyung as if asking for his help.

 

The boys could just switch their gazes from CL and Joongki hyung waiting for their next words.

 

 

“Don’t worry… He already knows everything.” He said, well obviously pertaining to me.

 

 

 

“Okay, let’s cut this bull short. Unnie, will be proposing to oppa on Friday… as in this Fri---“

 

 

 

“BWOOOOH???” Daesung, Youngbae and TOP hyung immediately stood up from their seats. I do understand where they’re coming from.

 

 

I mean, no one who knows my baby girl well would easily believe it.

 

 

 

“Yah that sounds too impossible.” Youngbae said being the first one to recover from the shock.

 

 

“I know… I told her that too.” Seungri seconded.

 

 

 

“Will you guys just sit down and just listen and stop reacting every ing time because we’re running out of time here???!!!”
 

 

I immediately grabbed a chair and sat down focusing all my attention to the blond girl because maybe, she can enlighten me.

 

 

“Now that everything’s a mess and Seungri here told me that you were planning to propose too on Saturday while unnie plans to do so on Friday, why don’t we do it both on Friday?”

 

 


“BOTH??? ON FRIDAY???”

 

 

 

 

I swear CL might be seeing blood right now because of these idiots’ babo reactions.

 

 

 

“That’s hard I mean, how do we get Dara to propose and then Jiyong to propose to her after? What the hell would that be?” Joongki butted in.

 

 

 

I sighed at how ed up the situation is… I want to be the one to propose first to her but if all her efforts will be put to waste, she might get mad too… And I don’t want to make her feel disappointed.

 

 

Besides, we’re planning to use the same resto… Oh God, enlighten me please…

 

 

 

 

“What do we do now?” TOP hyung rubbed his temples and tried to think deeply.

 

 

“Aiyoo… time passes by so fast. Who would’ve thought things will happen so soon” Daesung said as he leaned back his seat and closed his eyes.

 

“I know… At first there’s Seungri who ruined Dara noona’s peace in that apartment, then we came and… Whoa… I really couldn’t imagine what we’ve all been through.” Youngbae added.

 

 

Just then, a bulb must have lit up suddenly in my head.

 

 

I stood up from my seat finally finding the answer to my question.

 

Yes! Damn it! How could I even forget?

 

Why did I just think of it now?

 

 

 

I moved closer to them and watched their bemused faces.

 

 

 

 

“I already know! Hahahaha!!! I know now what to do!”

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Dara wiped her eyes as she sobbed so hard upon seeing Hyun bin’s bruised and badly beaten face.

 

 

“How can a child suffer this much?”

 

 

“Unnie! For heaven’s sake!!! Stop crying! That’s dangerous for the baby! Don’t you just get Dr. Kim’s advice? Aisht!?” Minzy stomped her feet as she pulled Dara away from the kid’s bed.

 

 

“But…”

 

 

“Unnie we still have a lot to do! It’s already Wednesday and we haven’t even finalized a concrete plan for your proposal!”

 

 

Dara stood up and fixed herself before adjusting Hyun Bin’s blanket and turning to Minzy.

 

“I’m sorry Mingkki-ah… I just really pity the boy. Can we drop by Eunbi’s room first before going to the resto?”

 

 

“I hope this is the last time unnie… You shouldn’t be wandering around the hospital in your current condition for you might catch a virus.” Minzy told her unnie making the older girl nod.

 

 

“Is Bom going directly to the resto?”

 

 

“Neh… She said she’ll just go straight there.”

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

 

 

 

I stepped out of Mingkki’s car carefully because I’m starting to feel dizzy again. I hate her car freshener, it’s making me puke!

 

 

“Unnie, are you alright?” she asked me as we walked slowly towards the resto’s main door when a familiar car caught my eyes.

 

 

 

“W-w-ait… That’s Jiyong’s---”

 

 

 

“J-j-jagiya? What are you doing h-h-ere???”

 

 

I whipped my head to the right and there I saw Jiyong along with the boys who are just about to go out of the resto and…Oh Lord! What happened to Joongki oppa? And… Why is CL-roo with them?

 

 

 

“W-w-what are you guys doing here too?” I asked them as I switched my gaze to them one by one.

 

“We…” Jiyong started to speak but Daesung beat him to it.

 

 

“For food tasting! Right… Soft opening’s on Friday… I just need some opinion that is…” Daesung explained with his eye smile as he scratched his head.

 

 

“Aisht!!! You didn’t talk to me about this again oppa!!! What is wrong with you deciding always without me!!!” Minzy glowered at him before stomping her feet as she walked inside the resto.

 

 

“Hey, baby Mingkki!!!” Daesung tried to follow her but CL gripped his arm.

 

“Let her be oppa… You’ll just fight if you’ll approach her now that she’s in a bad mood.”

 

 

I heaved a sigh and took a step forward and Jiyong was quick to stand by my side. He wrapped an arm around me and guided me up the few steps.

 

 

“I’m okay Ji… No need for that.” I told him before looking at Joongki oppa. “What happened to him?”

 

 

“S-s-ome bastard beat him when he helped a girl a while ago at the car park. The man mistook him for another man.”

 

 

“Oh… Poor oppa… he’s badly beaten look at that…”

 

 

“I know… Why are you here by the way?”

 

 

“M-m-inzy invited us…” I answered and switched my gaze to CL. “You’re early CL-roo.” I told her. Was it just me or she really acts uneasily today.

 

 

“N-n-eh unnie! I came here with Seungri.” She said as she smiled at me.

 

 

“So…” TOP interrupted. “I gotta go… Got to spend some time with wif---”

 

 

 

“Annyeong!!!” we all snapped our heads towards that familiar voice.

 

 

 

“Hon??? What are you doing here?” TOP asked in surprise.

 

 

“Why? Can’t pregnant women come here?” Bommie huffed in annoyance.

 

 

I flinched by the word ''pregnant''. I just hope Jiyong didn't notice. Oh God... So much for this surprise!

 

 

We all stood there frozen to our spot as we looked at each other.

 

 

The boys are complete… Include Joongki oppa to them.

 

And so are we… except that Minzy’s already inside.

 

 

What in the world is going on here?

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

 

 

 

THANK GOODNESS!!!

 

 

 

Thank goodness we were able to escape a while ago from the girls’ scrutinizing eyes. And good thing CL’s on our side!!!

 

Joongki hyung… I really feel sorry for him and I hope I can make it up to him… He didn’t come with us because oh well… because of his nearly deformed face.

 

This is seriously harder than I expected.

 

Whew. As much as I want to spend time with my baby girl and baby, as in baby-baby… if you know what I mean… oh I had to make this proposal perfect.

 

 

My girl is perfect… more than perfect in my eyes and she deserves just the best in this world.

 

 

 

“Oh boy… Why did she even pick a million dollar ring! That costs a fortune, bro!” Daesung said as he lowered his gaze on the rings displayed before us.

 

 

Well, I’m here to pick up the personalized ring I preordered weeks ago and I just hope she’ll like it.

 

 

It’s a simple band with a small diamond stone. Diamonds are pricey yeah… But this ring isn’t as much as the one she picked.

 

 

I felt my head ache as I dwell at the price of that ring. ing 2 million USD. Aiyoo… I know she has no intention of crushing my pride but… Pride is that last thing I should think about right now or I might just ruin everything.

 

 

“That’s what we get for marrying a Park.” TOP hyung tapped my shoulder. “It almost cost me a fortune when I married Bommie… But it’s all worth it.”

 

 

I nodded and sighed in anxiety. God… I don’t know what to feel anymore.

 

 

Hell I’ve been calling for God since this morning. I think I might pass out anytime soon having these mixed emotions running all throughout my system.

 

 

 

“Hyung, are you sure you want to propose there?” Seungri came from behind and asked.

 

 

“N-n-eh… Why?”

 

 

“Ugh… Because… I was thinking I should propose to my kitty cat there too!”

 

 

“Aisht, you moron! You have to be unique! Jiyong here was the first to think about that idea. Aisht…” Youngbae scowled at Seungri.

 

 

I shook my head as I watched my brothers banter once more.

 

Oh boy… We’re getting older…

 

But one thing’s for sure.

 

 

Nothing’s gonna change between us, whether we get married or stay single.

 

 

I fished my phone out as I remembered asking for someone’s help in this conspiracy.

 

 

"Yoboseyo... Neh Ssabunim..."

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So six in the evening that is… whole second floor reserved… flowers and decors check. Ring’s coming on Fri morning, the whole menu, wine…check.,. music check… Evrything’s all set!” Minzy said as she beamed at her unnies.

 

 

“I can feel butterflies in my stomach…” Dara said as she clutched. “Don’t you think it’s boring?”

 

 

“Yah, yah!!! What matters is the main event. You said you don’t want him to notice it’s gonna be a proposal. You said you want it just to be like a normal dinner for two so he won’t have any idea. Then this is it!” Bommie animatedly explained and Dara could just nod in agreement.

 

 

 

“So it’s set then… We just have to wait for the big night! Kyah!” CL squealed giddily. “I’m so happy for you unnie!”

 

 


Dara pressed her lips together and looked out of the glass wall, still feling worried for that day,

 

Finally, she thought.

 

 

All she needs to hear is his answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

“Eherrrmmm.”

 

 

 

Jiyong straightened up upon finally hearing his godfather and soon-to-be-father-in-law, non other that the KNPA’s Commissioner General.

 

 

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting son…” he said as he put tha phone down. “I heard your last mission’s a success.”

 

 

“N-n-eh uncle.”

 

 

“I commend you and the boys for that. I’m so proud of you son. I’m sure if your father’s here… Aiyoo. I’m sorry for bringing that up.” Hyun Suk shook his head.

 

 

“Thank you… No, it’s okay uncle.” Jiyong bowed his head and forced a smile. He rubbed his sweaty palms against his jeans but sweat continued to form on his forehead he could just fan his face with his hands.

 

 

 

“Yah, yah! What is wrong with you? Why are you acting like that?” Hyun Suk stood up his seat and walked towards Jiyong but the latter just knelt before him on the carpeted floor and bowed his head.

 

 

 

 

“What the—”

 

 

 

“UNCLE ALLOW ME TO MARRY YOUR DAUGHTER… PLEASE.”

 

 

 

Hyun Suk was taken aback by Jiyong’s actions. He couldn’t form a word and could just furrow his brows.

 

 

 

 

“I know you disapproved of me before because of this job but I promise I will be very careful in each and every mission. I will not make her worry uncle. And I will take good care of her for the rest of my life… Just please… I need your blessing.” Jiyong said as he balled his hands into tight fists, his eyes shut.

 

 

 

Hyun Suk crossed his arms and heaved a sigh.

 

 

“What took you so long?”

 

 

“B-b-woh?”

 

 

“I mean, what took you so long to finally decide this way? Did you propose already? When’s the wedding? And will you please stand up? What’s with all these formalities aiyoo!” the  man laughed at him making Jiyong’s face turn beet red in embarrassment.

“I had to prepare uncle… You know about my family… We’re not well off—”

 

 

“You mean we’re not well off…” Hyun Suk said making Jiyong stand up and look at Hyun Suk curiously.

 

 

“Son, how many times will I tell you? The moment your father passed away, I readied myself for the responsibility of raising you. The moment you ran away from Busan and stayed with me, I acknowledged you as my own son. It just happens that I do have a real daughter but it doesn’t mean we’re just putting to waste everything we’ve been through just like that. I am after Dara’s welfare… just like a care about yours.”

 

 

“Uncle…”

 

 

“You said you need my blessing? How about my wife’s? Aiyoo… You don’t have any idea how much we wanted to interfere in your relationship and just get you two married.” Hyun Suk said as he tapped Jiyong’s shoulder.

 

 

“Ch-ch-ch-incha?”

 

 

“Neh.”

 

 

“So you mean… Aisht, uncle! Thank you!” he said before hugging Hyun Suk.

 

 

“I raised you well, I believe so… I would not entrust my daughter just to any other man. You deserve each other, Jiyong.”

 

 

“I’m getting nervous uncle… I’m proposing on Friday.”

 

 

“Aisht… Calm down, calm down… This time, all we need to hear is her yes.”

 
 
 
 

 

 

 

AND THEY ALL LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

 

END!

 

 

 

 

Kyahaha... Kidding. Aiyoo. What's wrong with me???

 

 

Otteokee??? It didn't fit in once chap... kkkk...

Two chaps more after this... Sareeee... ^^