The Girls' Intervention

The Couple Next Door (Sequel To Ahjumma Next Door)

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

 

 

I have been keeping an eye on Jiyong for almost a couple of weeks now and nothing’s changed much about him including his busy schedule but it’s really troubling me already.

 

 

Before, he just used to come home late. But  lately, there were nights  he won’t come home and it’s worrying me so much. I asked him and he said they’re still working on a case but this is too much. We’re spending less and less time together.

 

I sometimes wish I hadn ‘t accepted that judging stint from that show. Because of that, I had to work thrice a week at DB and Co and twice a week for filming episodes for the show not to mention all the client meetings and all. Okay, I have to admit. It’s not just him whose really busy.

 

I am too.

 

But…

 

I miss him so bad… Does he even miss me?

 

My thoughts were somehow disturbed when he stood up and went my side and pulled me up from my seat. He then settled himself on my chair and pulled me down to him so that I’m seated sideways on his lap.

 

Does he have some sort of telepathy or something? Did he just read my mind?

 

 

“Babe… It’s your day off right?” Jiyong asked me and I could just nod sadly. It’s Saturday for heaven’s sake and he’s still dressed for work. Well it just means I’ll be left at home again.

 

“I’m sorry I’ve been busy these couple of weeks now baby…” he said, giving me goose bumps all over as he leaned on my shoulder. “But I’ll try to come home early tonight. You want to go somewhere?” he asked me and I just had to bite my lip to suppress my excitement.

 

“R-r-eally?”  I asked him back.

 

“Neh…”

 

 

“Let’s just stay home Jiyong… Let’s watch our first episode tonight.”  I told him.

 

“Omo, your show will be aired tonight already?” he asked me and I just nodded with a shy smile.

 

Aigoo! I wonder how I look on TV. This namja might just laugh at me!

 

He grinned at me and hugged me closer.

 

“Arasso! I’ll come home early tonight. You wait for me jagiya.”

 

“I’ll be expecting that.” I told him as I cupped his face.

 

“You should… Aigoo… I miss my baby girl…” he said as he stood up with me still clinging on to him like a koala.

 

“Yah, you’re getting lighter! Do you even eat during breaks?” he asked me with that serious tone I could just swallow hard.

 

“Of course. The crew takes good care of me…”

 

“And…”

 

“And CL-roo…”

 

“And…”

 

“And Yoong Ju unnie.”

 

“And…”

 

Okay. I get now what he’s up to. I could just roll my eyes.

 

“And Joongki oppa, if that’s what you’re waiting to hear.” I told him and I was right. He squinted his eyes while scanning my face.

 

“What? You’re jealous again?” I asked him.

 

“Ani… why would I get jealous? Pscht… Unless he’s already making his moves and you’re not telling me about it.” He pointed out and I could just slap his arm as I wiggled myself free from him but he’s really strong he just held me in place.

 

“Just kidding babe… You know I trust you so much.” He told me with those loving eyes I could just wrap my arms around him.

 

“You keep safe… I’ll prepare you homecooked dinner!”

 

“Great!” he said as he stole a peck on my cheek. “Prepare something for little buddy too, arasso?” he said while playfully wiggling his brows.

 

 

“Omona! Yah!!!--- MMPPPHHH”

 

 

God! Did he just shut my mouth with a kiss?

 

 

My feet wobbled as he settled me down, still gobsmacked.

 

“Bye babe… Gotta go! I love you!” he said with a chuckle as he ran out the door.

 

 

I just laughed at myself. God… He never fails to make me weak every time.

 

I shook my head as I headed back to the kitchen. So much to do, so little time, Aigoo. I need to clean the entire household for it’s only today and tomorrow that I can do this. I could just look apologetically at my Dadoongie…

 

“Hey little boy… I’m sorry omma and appa have been spending less time with you.”

 

 

 

I was already washing the dishes when I heard my phone ring. I immediately dried my hands with my apron and fished out my phone from my pocket.

 

It’s Bommie…

 

Aigoo. I wonder what this pregnant woman is up to.

 

“Yobo----“

 

“Darong!!! Let’s go out!!!”

 

“Omo… Mianhe Bommie-ah… I have a lot of things to do today.  Maybe next---“
 

“Ani!!! We’re going out today! Let’s go shopping with the girls! PPalli!”

 

“But…”

 

“Yah…  We haven’t done this for a long time now! How could you easily reject us?”

 

“But I need to clean the house and cook for Jiyong tonight…”

 

“For heaven’s sake it’s just eight in the morning! I won’t accept a no this time Darong! I’ll lend you one of my maids here.”

 

“But---“

 

“No buts!”

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

“WHAT?”

 

“What?” Bom asked as she finished her third bowl of icecream.

 

“You mean TOP has been going home late too?” Dara asked her cousin.

 

“What do you expect Darong? Those five are inseparable! Besides they’re on an assignment right? SO that explains it. Calm down.” Bommie said.

 

“Aigoo… Daesung oppa has been spending less time with me too. I can’t even make a decision about when our resto’s grand opening will be. I want it to be next week but he’s not helping me.” Minzy complained to her unnies.

 

“I miss Seungri.”

 

“BWOH???”

 

The three couldn’t believe they just heard it from CL’s lips. The fierce girl never spoke anything about how she feels for the guy. She’s not good with words but she just shows she cares for her man. And now that she just blurted it out, the three thought it’s unbelievable.

 

“I mean, he’s back to work… and we’ve been together for like couple of months with him just slacking off, wandering around and picking me up and driving me home and stuff. I am used to him being always around since his leave due to his injury but now… Aisht!”

 

“I do get your point CL-roo.” Dara patted the girl’s back sympathetically.

 

“Oh boy… These  are the consequences for having a police officer as you man… We have to bear with it.” Bom said as she took a bite on her waffle.

 

“Y-y-ah unnie, you’ve been eating the whole time since we got our butts in here.” CL told the older girl. “Slow down will you?”

 

“Yah! Yah! Please be reminded that I have another life to feed inside me!”

 

“Pscht… Old excuses.” Mingkki snorted.

 

Dara felt really good going out with the girls. She smiled as she watched them bicker over petty things and then laugh it all off while slapping their legs and clutching their stomachs.

 

“Hey unnie, I have a question though…”CL turned to her.

 

“What is it?”

 

CL turned to the girls before looking back at her. “Hmmm have you guys already talked about marriage and stuff? I mean you and Jiyong oppa…”

 

Dara was taken aback by the question. She opened to answer only to find nothing coming out of her lips.

 

There’s nothing to be said in the first place. They haven’t talked about it seriously though. Not that she tried opening up about the matter but she just wanted it to come from him.

 

“Oh… That…” she smiled uneasily.

 

“Unnie… I told Mingkki and Bom unnie about what happened at the bar before when you got drunk… We've been trying to find a way to talk to you a lot of times before but we're all busy and I just thought, well… We thought we can talk about it now. We're just worried about how you feel. Especially now that you don't get to spend time more together. You must have been feeling so frus---“

 

“Ani… I’m fine… Chincha…” Dara tried to force a smile but the three girls eyed her knowingly.

 


“Unnie…” Minzy reached out from across the table for her hand.

 

“Darong… “ Bom called her as she dropped her fork on the table. “Hey, it’s okay to tell us. We’re here to listen. I was really worried about you… We’ve been just busy that’s why we hesitated to talk to you before but I really can’t help it.”

 

“H-honestly…” Dara looked down and played with her fingers. “We’ve never had a serious talk about it yet. Well, I do understand of course. We’re both busy and maybe I’m still lacking… but I do trust Jiyong a lot. I’ll patiently wait for him to propose.” She said before flashing them a forced smile. “I just probably said that out of excitement. Because I’ve never had a boyfriend before and when I met Jiyong, it seems everything was unreal. He’s everything and more… I felt like I don’t want to lose him. I want an assurance. But I realized that would be so selfish of me to tie him down to something he’s not ready yet. Besides, he’s still young… There’s must be something else he still wants to do.”

 

The girls could just look at Dara’s teary eyed expression. She’s holding it back, she’s just that transparent. You can see how she feels through her eyes.

 

“What if you take the initiative?” Bom suddenly interrupted their silence.

 

“W-hat?”

 

“Oh my God unnie, that’s just! Damn! I didn’t know getting pregnant can make you think better!”

 

“Yah!”

 

“I don’t get it…” Dara said.

 

“Unnie… What Bom unnie was trying to say is that you should try to make the first move. You can’t just possibly wait forever, can you?” Minzy explained making Bom and CL gasp in shock.

 

“OMO! YAH MAKNAE!!!”

 

“What? That’s easy though…”

 

“Aigoo… I knew it. She just surpassed Dara unnies relationship IQ.” CL rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

“Thanks boys, I really appreciate your help.” Jiyong said as he tapped their shoulders.

 

“Anything for you hyung!” Seungri grinned at him.

 

“Wanna go with us for a drink?” TOP asked.

 

“Ani… I need to go home early. Dara’s going to cook dinner at home.” He said as he rubbed the back of his neck while smiling boyishly.

 

“Aigoo! You're blushing like a teen! Hahaha!” Daesung laughed at him.

 

“Yah! I’m not!”

 

“Aigoo… We’re four against you.” Daesung retorted defeating Jiyong.

 

“Arasso, let’s go boys. Finally we’re done!” TOP said as he headed to his car followed by the three but Seungri went back towards Jiyong.

 

 

“Hyung, can I have dinner with you at your house? CL’s cooking is really lethal!” Seungri whispered.

 

Jiyong was about to answer when Youngbae shouted at them.

 

“YAH!!! STOP PESTERING THE COUPLE, YOU ER!” He yelled earning a round of laughter from the boys.

 

“Aisht!!!” Seungri frowned and twitched his lips while Jiyong could just laugh at the maknae’s expression.

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

As soon as she got home, inspired with the conversation she had with the girls, Dara immediately thanked the cleaning ahjumma Bommie sent her and gave her extra payment for taking good care of Dadoong. She then rummaged through the bags of gifts Bommie gave her earlier and shook her head saying she can’t do it.

 

But she has to.

 

She tried to forget about it for a while and reminded herself she needs to cook for Jiyong. Dara spent three hours preparing spicy pork ribs, steamed vegetables and chicken, and cabbage soup for their dinner.

 

Satisfied with all the cooked meals, she hummed as she prepared the dining table while waiting for Jiyong to come. She turned to look at the wallclock behind and it says 6:30 pm.

 

“He told me he’ll be home early.” Dara told herself. Their show will be aired by 8pm so she’s hoping they can have an early dinner so they can watch the show together.

 

Dara walked back to the kitchen where she left her phone and tried calling Jiyong but the latter wasn’t answering her call. She clutched the fabric of her shirt across her chest as her heart started to beat wildly.

 

It's always like this whenever he's not home. She'd feel anxious and overly worried but when he's back, everything's forgotten.

 

 

She felt relieved when he finally picked up the phone.

 

“Jiyong, where are you? God! You got me worried!” Dara said as she heaved a sigh.

 

“Hey babe, calm down… I’m on my way home.”

 

“You sure? Arasso… I’m sorry…”

 

“Aigoo… You really miss me that much, do you?”

 

“Yah!”

 

“I miss you too… so bad… can’t wait to get home. I’ll see you in about 20 minutes.”

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

Jiyong smiled as he stepped inside his car after picking up the bouquet of flowers he pre-ordered this morning. He wanted this night to be extra special since it’s been a while since they last spent time together. He just felt the need to be a little sweeter to her.

 

 

God knows how he missed his girl. Two weeks of limited communication because of his assignment and another secret project with the boys.  Two weeks of not being able to take good care of her properly.

 

 

He started the engine and was about to step on the gas when a young boy in front blocked his view. Jiyong quickly went out of the car.

 

 

“Hey, little boy, what is it?”

 

 

“Y-y-you’re a cop right?” the boy asked.

 

 

“W-hat?”

 

“You work in Seoul PD!” the boy said.

 

“Yeah… why?”

 

“Help me please!”

 

“What? Yah, I need to go home now so please, leave me alone. If you need money then here…” Jiyong was about to get his wallet when the boy spoke up once more.

 

“You’re friend, he caught appa and held him in prison. But appa is a good guy! Now my sick sister and I were left alone! We don’t have anything to eat. She’s dying!” the boy said as he wiped his tears with his arm.

 

“Then where’s your omma?”

 

“I don’t have an omma!”

 

Jiyong was taken aback by the boy’s words. He was small probably just 7 years old. But what made him feel for the child is how he worried about his sister. He has no one to turn to. Come to think of it, he used to be like this years ago when his parents died. The only difference is that he had his aunt Lydia and uncle HyunSuk helping him and his sister all the way.

 

He then remembered the man Youngbae was able to catch during the second bank robbery incident. But how is he supposed to deal with this kid now that he needs to go home early?

 

“Yah, what do you want now?”

 

“Free my appa.”

 

“You know I can’t do that! Aisht! There are lots of Seoul PD officers why the hell did you pick me you rugrat!”

 

 

 

“Because I think you're different from them! You always talk to people and I saw you going to the city jail before.  Help me ahjussi! Please!”
 

 

“Yah!!! Who told you I’m an ahjussi! And… Yah! Are you stalking me? Why you---- Aisht!!! Forget it. Try pestering other people. I’m going home!”

 

“Then…Then…how about me and my sister? She needs to be taken to the hospital!”

 

Jiyong looked back at the poor state of the boy and he could just scrunch up his face as he pulled his hairs in all direction in frustration before grabbing the child by his arm, yanking him towards his car.

 

“AISHT!!!”

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

''Baby, please... Please... I'm really sorry. Aisht... I'll just explain more when I get home, neh? No please don't give me that sad tone... I really didn't expect this. Babe... Yah... Aisht!''

 

 

Jiyong kicked the concrete wall before sitting back down on the hospital bench. He took the two children to the hospital and the young boy wasn't lying.

 

The girl, probably about 4, is really sick. The little boy then fainted due to fatigue and dehydration and he didn't regret helping the two.

 

 

He leaned back and thought for a moment. How many children should suffer from the wrong deeds committed by their parents? He made a mental note that when the time comes that he'd be a father, he'll make sure his kids would have a good place to live in and a bright future ahead. He'll work harder and make his kids so damn proud of him.

 

 

 

''Hyung!'' Seungri came in panting.

 

 

''Hey rat, thank you for coming!'' Jiyong hugged the maknae. ''Thank you! God, I'm sure, Dara's gonna fry my .''

 

 

''Aisht, no prob hyung. Where are the kids?''

 

''They're still inside. Yah, just call me if something goes wrong arasso? I really have to go. I owe you this one maknae.''

 

 

''Sure hyung! Don't mind it. Good luck to you! Hope she won't give you blueballs! Kekeke...'' Seungri said with a grin and if Jiyong isn't just in a hurry, he'll make sure to beat the living daylights out of the big mouthed guy.

 

 



 

 

 

 

Jiyong hit his forehead with his palm as soon as he turned the lights on upon arriving at their apartment. He placed the bouquet of flowers on the table and marveled at Dara's preparations.

 

The whole house is gleaming clean, the curtains were changed, fresh flowers sprouted prettily in vases on the window's ledge. He sighed as he walked towards the dining table.

 

 

Everything was set. From silverwares,  to plates, wine glasses,  table napkins, the foods covered at the middle.

 

He ran his palm across his face as he dragged himself towards their bedroom.

 

 

''Jagiya?'' he took a peep through the door but she wasn't there. He furrowed his brows and went to the bathroom but it's just as empty. Having just one place left to search for her, he headed to her work room and there he found her sleeping by her drawing table, her head resting on her right arm .

 

 

He heaved a sigh and tucked the loose strands of her hair back behind her ears before caressing her face with the back of his hand making her stir in her sleep.

 

''Jagiya...'' he called her. ''Baby... I'm home...'' he said as she flapped her eyes open.

 

 

''Hey...'' he welcomed her vision with a weak smile.

 

''Hey... Sorry... I fell asleep.'' she said as she slowly stood up from her seat. ''I'll just go re-heat the food.'' she said as she walked past him but Jiyong was quick to wrap his arms around her.

 

 

''Baby I'm sorry... I'm sorry...'' he told her as he buried his face on the side of her neck.

 

''I-i-t's alright Jiyong-ah... I'm sorry I got mad a while ago but I realized you just did what is right. So, come on. Let's eat.''

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

DARA'S POV

 

 

 

 

''Jagiya are you okay?'' Jiyong asked me while we're washing the dishes. I told him to just go get some rest but this namja won't listen. Aigoo...

 

To be honest, I really felt bad earlier. It's like my whole effort was put to waste. But when I heard his story about what really happened, I somehow felt guilty for getting mad at him over the phone.

 

 

My Jiyong is really a good man. I couldn't help but fall for him more.

 

 

And because of that, *clears throat... I... am going to follow... the girls' advice.

 

I wish I'll be able to do this... Oh my God... Please do guide me.

 

Wait, no!

 

 

Dear God please forgive me for being this impure!

 

 

''J-j-ji?'' I called him without looking at him.

 

''Neh?''

 

''I... I'll just go fix the room... I think I left it messy a while ago.'' I told him uneasily as I dried my hands.

 

 

''Aigoo... That's fine jagiya. I'll let it go this time.'' Aisht! This clean freak...

 

''Chincha?''

 

''Neh... Besides... We're just gonna mess with the bed later on.'' he said with that infamous lopsided smirk my nose almost bled.

 

Aisht! I'm feeling uneasy and he's not helping!

 

''Hey... You stood frozen. I was just kidding.'' He told me.

 

 

''O-okay...'' I said before turning away.

 

 

I quickly ran to our room and grabbed the piece of cloth /yeah piece of cloth because it barely covers my / but Bommie said it is a night gown. Aigoo...

 

I debated with myself for a moment if I really need to do this test or if I should stop this madness already.

 

 

 

BUT IT’S AWKWARD AND IMPUUUUREEE!!!

 

 

OTTEOKE???

 

 

Will he like it? Will he get surprised? But the worst question is...

 

 

''What if he's not in the mood for this nonsense?''

 

 

Gaaaaah! I'm really going to crawl back to my omma's womb!!! 

 

 

 

But... the girls said this is the only way to test if our next step is going to be a success?

 

 

Calm down Darong!!! 

 

 

FIGHTING!!!   

 

 


 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong plopped himself on the bed and leaned back on the headrest as he watched a youtube link to the first episode of Korea's Next Top Model on his ipad after cleaning the kitchen.

 

 

His lips immediately curved into a smile when he saw Dara's first inteview. He chuckled at her dorky expression and honest ignorance. Damn this show, he thought. Now more people, rather men would die for her.

 

 

''Aisht! You're mine arasso? Only mine! I'll make you see. Soon, I'll make you see!'' he talked to Dara on screen like an idiot unaware to the pair of eyes peeping through the bathroom door.

 

 

 

''Ji...''

 

 

 

''Hey, babe. Come here. Let's watch your show.'' Jiyong grinned at her but she just looked down sadly.

 

''Hey, what's wrong? Are you okay?'' Jiyong said as he stood up and settled his ipad on the side table.

 

 

''Don't come closer!'' she warned before he could even take a step.

 

 

''W-w-ae? Jagiya, I thought you're not mad anymore?''

 

 

 

Slowly, she walked out of the bathroom and bowed her head low as she played with the ribbon of her robe...

 

 

''Jagiya? Hey... Baby come here... Why do you look so worried? Is there---''

 

 

Jiyong let out a gasp as soon as Dara pulled the knot and took off the robe, allowing it to fall to the floor.

 

 

 

''HOLY !!!''  

 

 

 

 



 

 

Note:

 

 

Hmmm... for the next chap... MINORS KEEP OUT...

 

 

Waaaah. TT_TTv