Her Plan, His Surprise

The Couple Next Door (Sequel To Ahjumma Next Door)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''I really wish we took Hyun Bin with us...'' Dara said with a pout as she leaned on Jiyong's shoulder while watching TV. ''I like that kid. He's cute. He's adorable.''

 

 

Jiyong pressed his lips hard and shut his eyes, cursing the kid for almost ruining his surprise.

 

 

No. He can't take risks. He's never going to take that kid with them even just for a night.

 

 

 

''J-J-Jagiya, we can't do that. You heard it. The doctor told us it's best that both kids stay in the hospital.'' Jiyong explained. He held Dara's hand and rubbed it with the pad of his thumb. ''We barely know them jagiya.What if they're part of the gang?''

 

 

''Goodness... How can you even doubt a child, Jiyong?''

 

 

 

''Baby... Look, his father's one of those robbers. He's a son of a criminal, how can you trust a kid like that? Aisht...” Jiyong said before cuddling close to her. “Let's forget about that brat. Let’s think about us and the cold night and how we can make it…hot.'' Jiyong said with a chuckle.

 

 

 

Dara snapped her head at him and rolled her eyes in disbelief seeing her boyfriend wiggling his brows like a retard.

 

 

 

''Yeah, I almost forgot there's another kid here.'' she said as she pushed herself up but Jiyong was quick to pull her back.

 

 

''Hey, jagiya are you mad?'' Jiyong asked her.

 

 

''I'm not.''

 

 

''You are.''

 

 

''I said I'm not.''

 

 

''Then look at me.''

 

 

''No...

 

 

 

''Look at me... Ppalli...''

 

 

 

''No! Aisht!'' Dara stuggled to break free from his arms but Jiyong even held her tighter.

 

 

 

''Jagiya, I hope you understand we can't take Hyun Bin with us just like that----''

 

 

 

''Why do you hate kids so much?''

 

 

''W-w-hat?''

 

 

 

''At first, you always ignore your own sister Hayi...''

 

 

''Yah, that's not true! I give her all she needs.'' Jiyong straightened up and let her go.

 

 

 

''You used to tell me to take pills, why you don't want me to get---''

 

 

 

''That's because I thought you're not ready for it! AISHT!''

 

 

''...And a while ago you treated Hyun Bin that way.''

 

 

 

Jiyong could just hang his mouth open at how Dara is behaving. He tried to speak up but he couldn't form a single word.

 

 

 

''See? You hate kids don't you?''

 

 

 

''Yah! That's not true! I even helped that brat! You think I would do that if I hate them? Jagiya, why are you being like this? Why are you even bringing up old issues?'' Jiyong scratched his head angrily.

 

 

 

 

''A-a-re you shouting at me?'' Dara asked as she backed away from him.

 

 

 

''B-b-woh???''

 

 

 

''You yelled at me.''

 

 

''I did not???!!!.''

 

 

 

''You just did!''

 

 

 

''I SAID I DID NOT!!!''

 

 

 

Jiyong clamped his mouth seeing Dara's horrified face.

 

 

 

''J-j-agiya...''

 

 

 

''Aisht! I can't believe this!'' Dara stood up from the couch and ran her way to their bedroom, locking herself up securely.

 

 

 

 

''Yah... Yah! I'm sorry! I didn't---Aissht! Dara... Yah open the door!!!''

 

 

 

''No!!! Go away!''

 

 

 

''Aisht!!! Jagiya... Please I'm sorry!” Jiyong said as he continued to knock on the door.

 

 

 

''KNOCK ON THE DOOR ONCE MORE AND I'LL MAKE SURE I'M KICKING YOU OUT OF THIS HOUSE!''

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

The whole KNTM crews were busily packing up after filming an episode. Yoon Ju and CL were discussing about the taping the next day while Joongki was waiting for Dara who’s been inside the ladies room for almost half an hour.

 

 

''Hey, are you okay?'' Joongki asked Dara who just came out of the bathroom.

 

 

''N-n-eh...'' Dara said as she rubbed her temples. ''I just feel a bit dizzy... That's all...''

 

 

 

''Why? You look pale... Come here.'' Joongki guided her to her seat and opened a bottled water for her.

 

 

 

''I think it's because I didn't eat breakfast this morning.'' Dara said.

 

 

 

''Yah! Why did you do that? You know breakfast is important, aisht! Wait here. I'll call your PD then I'm gonna get you something to eat.'' Joongki said and was about to walk away but Dara stopped him.

 

 

''No need oppa. I already asked him to get me a sandwich.''

 

 

 

Joongki sat back down beside her. ''You should always take good care of yourself Darong. Look how thin you are.''

 

 

 

'' I'm fine oppa... Chincha... Oh... By the way, where's CL-roo?'' Dara asked with a weak smile.

 

 

 

 

''She's over there, talking to the staff. Are you sure you’re okay? You really look sick, Dee.'' Joongki said while rubbing her back.

 

 

''Neh oppa... I'll be fine...''

 

 

 

Joongki then took his phone from his pocket when he heard it rang. He furrowed his brows and immediately picked up the phone.

 

 

 

 

''Yoboseyo? Yeah Bommie... She's here... Neh... Hold a sec.''

 

 

 

''Hey, Dee... Bom's on the other line. Where's your phone? She needs to talk to you. Here...'' Joongki said as he gave Dara his phone.

 

 

 

 

''Oh, I think it's inside my bag. Thanks oppa.'' Dara smiled at him before answering the phone.

 

 

 

''Yobose---?''

 

 

 

''Yah!!! The representatives from De Beers Jewellery are already here! What’s taking you so long?''

 

 

 

''Ch-ch-incha?'' Dara's eyes sparkled in excitement despite the dizzy feeling. ''T-t-ell them to wait  for a while Bommie-ah. We're almost done here. Right oppa?'' Dara asked Joongki earning her a nod.

 

 

''Alright. See you then.'' Bom said before ending the call.

 

 

 

Dara clasped his hands and ran towards CL who's busily instructing her assistant about the next batch of clothes the finalists are going to wear tomorrow.

 

 

 

''CL-roo!!! Ppalli! They're already there!'' Dara pulled CL's arm.

 

 

''Hey, calm down unnie.'' CL held her by her arms when she noticed how Dara looks. ''W-w-wait...''

 

 

 

''W-w-hat?''

 

 

 

''Y-y-ou look... Pale. Are you alright?''

 

 

Dara found it hard to hide it from CL. Even she, herself, finds it strange acting that way towards Jiyong last night. She felt bad sleeping without Jiyong beside her but she’s just as pissed she even ignored Jiyong’s pleas.

 

 

 

''I... I... skipped breakfast and I didn't have enough sleep... I... Jiyong and I had an argument...'' she said as she played with her fingers.

 

 

''WHAAAT???? YOU FOUGHT???''

 

 

''Shhhh... CL-roo!!!''

 

 

''Oh sorry... What? I mean... Why? How?''

 

 

''I don’t know… I just blurted out everything. It's pretty obvious he hates kids... I don't know but last night I really felt hurt by how he spoke and acted towards me but then this morning I woke up okay I even prepared him breakfast and told him to bring the food I cooked for Hyun Bin. Guess... We're okay now.''

 

 

''Aisht! Unnie! You should not make him mad! How about your plan this weekend? Aisht!''

 

 

''I know... Guess I reacted too much...'' Dara said while shaking her head.

 

 

''Oh... If that's the case then...'' CL scanned Dara's face before turning to her assistant. ''Kindly fix the labels here... Yes. There...'' CL instructed before dragging Dara along with her to a corner. She sighed before speaking up once more.

 

 

 

 

''They're quick. Bom unnie did a great job.'' CL smiled as she held Dara's cold hands.

 

 

''Neh... I'm getting nervous CL-roo... I hope he'll like it.''

 

 

 

''Aiyoo... What are you talking about? Oh boy...You really love oppa that much, don't you? What a fortunate guy.'' CL told her making her blush.

 

 

''Unnie?'' CL said as she rubbed the older girl's hands.

 

 

''N-n-eh?''

 

 

''Good luck to both of you... When you get married don't forget us neh?''

 

 

''Yah... Why would I do that? Aiyoo CL-roo...''

 

 

 

''You're giving him everything now that you're not even married yet what more when you already tied the knot. Hmp! I sometimes want to hate oppa.'' CL exclaimed before pouting, the two not noticing the pair of ears listening intently to their conversation.

 

 

Dara could just laugh at how cute CL is whenever she acts possessive to them girls. She might be younger but she acts as the group’s strength.

 

 

''Hey... Nothing's gonna change arasso? Besides, we don't even know if he'll say yes.'' Dara joked.

 

 

 

''Yah! What the are you talking about unnie? Imma kill him if he won't! Just be positive about it arasso?'' CL snapped and Dara could just chuckle at her while nodding obediently.

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''It's been more than a month you idiots! And we're not moving forward with this case!'' Tablo slammed the folder on his table, startling Seungri, Daesung, Youngbae, and TOP.

 

 

 

''Where the hell is Jiyong?''

 

 

 

 

''He's....''

 

 

 

''Don't give me the same ! I swear I am going to tell your midnight operations to the Commissioner General!''

 

 

 

''HYUUUNG! PLEASE NOOO!!!'' the four begged.

 

 

 

''THEN I WANT THIS CASE FINISHED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, ARASSO?''

 

 


 



 

 

 

''Yah, how do you feel now?'' Jiyong asked Hyun Bin with a blank face. ''Here, eat up.''

 

 

 

Jiyong then settled the lunchbox on the side table of his hospital bed but the kid just looked out of the window.

 

 

 

''Yah... Stop acting like a girl PMS-ing, will you? I don't have time for such drama. Now just eat that. My wife prepared that for you. Show some sense of gratitude at least.'' Jiyong pointed out while crossing his arms.

 

 

 

''Wife? She said she's not even your wife. Pscht.''

 

 

 

''Why you--- Yah! We're getting married soon. That counts already, arasso? She's gonna be my wife in no time. What's the difference calling her that now? Besides, you thought that way too yesterday, didn’t you?''

 

 

 

''She clarified it to me yesterday. And you calling her that way now... Heol... She doesn't even know about it.''

 

 

 

''Why you're really testing my patience you----''

 

 

 

''What? You're gonna ask the nurses to lock me up in this room again? Ahjussi, I don't need to be confined here. My sister does though but all I want right now is for my appa to be freed. He's innocent, I am telling you.'' Hyun Bin told him.

 

 

 

''YAAAAH!!! I TOLD YOU I AM NOT AN AHJUSSI!!!''

 

 

''But you're quick tempered and grumpy... You act like an ahjussi. I thought you're nice and cool. I was wrong to ask for your help in the first place.''

 

 

 

''Bwooh??? Aisht! This is going nowhere. I am not ruining my day just because of you big mouthed brat!''

 

 

 

Jiyong turned his face against the boy and marched towards the door when Hyun Bin spoke up again.

 

 

 

''I wonder how noona would react once she knows your secret.'' the boy said before turning to face the window once more.

 

 

 

''WHAT THE !!! YAAAAAH!!!'' Jiyong dashed to the boy's side and grabbed him by his shoulders.

 

 

 

''I dare you try! I swear I'm gonna stitch that big mouth of yours together!'' Jiyong threatened the kid but he just smirked back.

 

 

''There's an easier way I want this settled, grumpy ahjussi...''

 

 

''W-w-hat?''

 

 

''If you can't free appa, take me to him... I want to see him. I can help you with the case.''

 

 

Jiyong bit his inner cheek and looked away with a smirk as he walked closer to the boy. He then bent down and faced him with his scrutinizing eyes.

 

 

''Who are you fooling, kiddo?''

 

 

 

''Then consider your surprise a failure, ahjussi.'' Hyun Bin grinned at him.

 

 

 

''YOOUUUUUU!!!''

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

''Wow!'' Minzy said. ''2 million USD???!!! Unnie you must be kidding!''

 

 

 

''W-w-wow... Just... W-ow...'' Joongki was stunned by the news.

 

 

After their taping, Joongki drove Dara and CL to DB & Co. Dara was so excited to pick the perfect ring that would fit the one and only man in his life.

 

 

She doubted it at first, the girls' suggestion for her to take a notch up higher that her usual self.

 

Forget about the ahjumma Dara that was her.

 

 

She feels Jiyong is ready for the commitment just as she is but what's keeping the guy from proposing, she has no idea about.

 

 

And so, she finally decided to do this.

 

 

She'll.

 

propose.

 

to.

 

Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

Oh she even researched about women doing proposals for their men and having read a lot of articles, she felt her ego boost up not to mention she found a new confidence being the one in control of their relationship since that night she took the initiative.

 

 

''I-i-s she really sure about this?'' Joongki could not believe it. What is wrong with Dara being this bold recently? Is she possessed?

 

 

''Oppa! She's with Bommie unnie inside her office talking to the representatives of a fine jewellery and she even picked a ring already, what's there left to doubt about? God! Unnie is so in love with oppa!'' Minzy said as she shook her head.

 

 

''She really picked that one. God... Jiyong oppa is really in lucky to have unnie...'' CL said as she plopped herself on the couch. ''I swear if I'm her man I'd say yes as soon as possible. Damn. That was a whole lot of money just for a proposal.''

 

 

 

''God... I wonder how Jiyong oppa's gonna feel. I can hear wedding bells ringing unnie! Kyaaaah!!!'' Minzy squealed giddily.

 

 

 

''Finally... Aisht. But you know what?'' CL went closer to Minzy and softened her voice.

 

 

''What?''

 

 

 

CL scanned Minzy's face and debated with herself for a moment if she should share it but she remembered that her cousin is with them.

 

 

''A-a-ni... Just kidding!'' She chuckled earning her a light slap on her arm from the maknae.

 

 

''Aisht! You got me there unnie! We do have a problem though. Well, I mean I do have a problem...''

 

 

''What is it?''

 

 

''We can't use the resto! Daesung oppa said we're already opening on Friday and there's an important reservation on Saturday. That dimwit! He didn't even consult it to me while I was waiting for him all along before making any decision!'' Minzy huffed, still could not get over with her anger.

 

 

 

''Wow... so you're on a fight right now?''

 

 

''Y-y-eah... I still don't feel like talking to him unnie. That was unfair. We're two in the business. How can he decide without me just like that?''

 

 

''Hey, cool down arasso? Daesung is a good guy. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it that way. But otteoke? Can you suggest any other place?''

 

 

''Unnie said she wants it private that's why she picked our resto... Aiyoo... We need to find a way soon!''

 

 

 

 

The two girls continued to rant and rave about Minzy and Daesung's dispute and Dara's planned proposal to Jiyong while Joongki could just stare into nothingness in disbelief.

 

 

 

He then stood up and slowly walked away.

 

 

''Hey, oppa. Where are you going? I thought you'll drive us home?''

 

 

''J-j-ust... I'll just wait for you inside my car.'' He said with a weak smile before walking away.

 

 

 

CL made sure Joongki was already out of sight before she turned to Minzy once more.

 

 

''That's what I was saying a while ago.'' CL nudged Minzy.

 

 

''Huh?''

 

 

''I've been observing oppa. He's been overly caring to unnie during our shoots. He really takes good care of her and now that he knew about unnie's planned proposal to Jiyong oppa, I feel he's been acting really weird.''

 

 

''You mean---''

 

 

''Yeah... I really feel sorry for him.'' CL said.

 

 

 

''Oh God... Did he confess to unnie?''

 

 

''I think he did not... I really feel bad for oppa Mingkki-ah...''

 

 



 

 

 

 

''You mean this kid knows about our midnight operations?'' Daesung stood up from his seat. Jiyong just dragged the kid to the headquarters after the doctor checked and announced the boy is already okay.

 

 

Jiyong shut his eyes and nodded slowly.

 

 

 

''Aisht! What if noona knows this? Then all our efforts will be put to waste???'' Seungri walked to and fro while rubbing his temples.

 

 

''That's why I took him with me here.'' Jiyong answered with a serious face.

 

 

''Yah! If uncle Hyun Suk knows about this, we're all done for!'' Youngbae spat as he leaned back to his chair. ''Tablo hyung warned us he'll tell uncle about it if we don't get this case solved as soon as possible.''

 

 

Jiyong just leaned on the table and run his palm across his face in frustration.

 

 

 

''Easy boys...'' TOP said before turning to Hyun Bin. ''Hey buddy... What's your name?''

 

 

''Hyun bin… Kim Hyun bin...'' the boy answered as he eyed the boys one by one.

 

 

TOP nodded and adjusted his chair so he was facing the boy. ''How old are you?''

 

 

''I just turned 8... Just recently... When appa was captured by him.'' Hyun Bin said while pointing at Youngbae.

 

 

''So you mean you were there during the incident?'' Youngbae asked making the boy nod.

 

 

''He said he'll just get me a birthday cake and he'll cook me some nice seaweed soup when he goes home but I do have a feeling he's hiding something so I tried to him. I wanted to stop him but I was too late.''

 

 

''H-h-ow... I mean...'' Daesung was about to ask something but the kid continued talking.

 

 

 

''There's this underground arena... It hosts fights between kids ages… Some my age, some older, and some even younger... I saw rich men betting around like their just about to witness a regular boxing game... But it’s a fight till you bleed out then bleed no more. And I... I joined a fight. Actually, I joined two fights. I don't have any choice. My sister is sick and I can't bear seeing my father begging for alms in the streets. Not that he didn't try to find a work. No one takes him for a job. So I decided to join a fight. And I won hyung... I gave it to appa and he was so happy. Until he knew about what I was doing.''

 

 

''God! What were you thinking you punk?'' Seungri shook the boy. ''You could have died there inside the ring!''

 

 

''I told you I had no choice! Having empty stomachs, will you still be able to think properly?'' the boy started to cry. ''Those men searched for me. They wanted me to fight again but appa doesn't want me to. I followed him and those men dragged him with them. I know the place. I hid and I heard everything. They forced appa to rob, to be part of their gang... Or else they will take me and Eunbi and force us to fight with other kids.''

 

 

 

''WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL IT TO ME EARLIER???!!!'' Jiyong was mad as hell. He felt guilty for always scolding the boy. He didn't know the boy knows this much… He didn’t know the boy had been through a lot.

 

 

''Because I want to make sure appa is still alive! I want to see him ahjussi! If he's already gone then what should I be here for?''

 

 

''AISHT!!!'' Jiyong then grabbed the kid and hauled him over his shoulder like a sack of potato.

 

 

''YAAAAH! BRING ME DOWN AHJUSSI!''

 

 

 

''HYUNG!!!''

 

 

''YAH JIYONG!''

 

 

 

''YOU SHUT THE UP IF YOU WANT TO SEE YOUR FATHER!''

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Youngbae asked as he sat beside him and tapped Jiyong’s shoulder.

 

 

“Neh… I just feel bad for treating the boy that way.”

 

 

“I do understand where you’re coming from, bro. It’s hard just to trust anyone.” Youngbae said making Jiyong nod.

 

 

 

“How did their talk go?”

 

 

“The boy’s crying… as well as his dad. I couldn’t take much drama that’s why I came here.” Youngbae said as he leaned back on the couch.

 

 

“What’s keeping those three busy?” Youngbae asked Jiyong when he noticed TOP, Seungri, and Daesung huddled in the corner of the room.

“I don’t know… Let’s see.”

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

“!!! I said turn that off, damn it!!!” TOP whacked Seungri’s head as he tried to grab his ipad.

 

 

“OUCH!!! Yah!!! Hyung deserves to see this!” Seungri said as he rubbed his head and hugged the gadget dearly.

 

 

“You babo! You want him to burn the whole city jail?”  Daesung said with fear painted all over his face.

 

 

“What’s worse, you want him to murder Joongki hyung?” TOP nudged Seungri.

 

 

 

“But… But… You know I’m loyal to Jiyong hyung and only him!!!”

 

 

“Oh chincha? As far as I can remember you tried to be close with Joongki hyung, you traitor!”

 

 

 

“I’m sure CL will cut your balls if she knows you’re the blabbermouth who shoved these youtube comments and articles on Jiyong’s face.” TOP warned the maknae making the latter gasp in horror.

 

 

“Okay! Okay! Gonna zip my mouth! I won’t---“

 

 

 

“And I’ll make sure to make you suffer for the rest of your life if you won’t show it to me. What’s that?”

 

 

 

The three could just gasp with their eyes bulging out of its sockets when they heard Jiyong speak.

 

“B-b-ro…”

 

 

 

“What’s that?”

 

 

“H-h-yung…” Seungri ducked his head and looked at Daesung and TOP as if asking for help. The two shook their heads, signaling him not to tell it to Jiyong since they can sense that the guy’s not in a good mood and they know Seungri is a good liar.

 

 

Or so it seems…

 

 

“YAH RAT!!!----”

 

 

 

“WE WATCHED NOONA’S SHOW AND SAW JOONGKI HYUNG BEING TOUCHY TO HER SO I GOT CURIOUS ABOUT THE COMMENTS IT ALL SAYS THEY LOOK GOOD TOGETHER AND SOME EVEN SAYS THERE’S A RUMOR THAT THEY’RE AN ITEM!!! AND SO I RESEARCHED MORE FOR ONLINE NEWS AND I SAW LEAKED PICTURES OF THEM FROM SHOOTS AND TAPINGS BEING CLOSE AND COMFORTABLE TO EACH OTHER!!! HERE SEE IT FOR YOURSELF HYUNG!!! I SWEAR I’M LOYAL TO YOU!!! TOP HYUNG AND DAE DAE ARE NO---- AAAAACCCKKK!!!”

 

 

The poor maknae grimaced in pain upon earning a double whack on his arms.

 

 

 

“You idiot!!!” TOP scowled at him.

 

 

 

Jiyong bit his lip and grabbed the ipad from Seungri without a word. He watched a few clips and read the articles and he could just feel his blood boil by the sight of Joongki acting like a nanny to Dara.

 

 

“I swear I won’t help you with CL if this gets worse!” Daesung said as he twitched his lips in anger.

 

 

“Yah, my kitty cat won’t get mad, arasso? I’m just worried for hyung, he doesn’t know people thinks noona and Joongki hyung are dating.”

 

 

“Why are you meddling with their business? You’re just making it worse! It doesn’t matter what other people think. What matters is they’re okay as a real couple!” Youngbae joined the scolding.

 

 

 

The four’s conversation were somehow interrupted when they heard Jiyong walk away with huge footsteps towards the door but just then, Tablo came in announcing a news.

 

 

“No one’s going home… We’re planning for a move. See you at the headquarters in 30 minutes.”

 

 

 

“But hyung!” Jiyong tried to complain but Tablo just looked him in the eye.

 

 

 

“No.One’s.going.home. End of discussion.”