2 of 4

The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sunggyu walks out of the room following Dongwoo. It was another unproductive meeting and there were still no answers. Sunggyu calculates the minutes in his mind until his messenger arrives with possibly actual news that will be helpful. He silently hopes that they have found Zelo.

 

Dongwoo feels Sunggyu following him and stops in his tracks. He turns around to see Sunggyu staring at him emotionlessly again and slowly finds the courage to ask the question that everyone has feared to ask the other man. It’s not that Sunggyu is unapproachable. It’s just that every since it hit the one month mark of Sungyeol being still in a coma, Sunggyu has just be unnervingly quiet.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” Dongwoo asks hesitantly. Sunggyu doesn’t waver or blink at the question. He stares at Dongwoo like he had been but then closes his eyes while nodding slowly in return.

 

 

Sunggyu then walks around Dongwoo and begins to go forth to visit Sungyeol because that’s where they were both heading anyways.

 

Dongwoo turns around to see Sunggyu’s straight back and thinks to himself that he doesn’t believe it. He knows for sure that Sunggyu isn’t okay and that he’s a ticking time bomb ready to explode the chance he gets to lash out. It is unnerving indeed.

 

Once they arrived to the room, they meet Myungsoo standing outside the door like usual. Sunggyu breezes past the boy like he’s not even there and enters the room to find Sungjong and Hoya there by Sungyeol’s bedside. He carefully slides a chair next to Sungjong and sits silently next to the boy holding firmly onto Sungyeol’s hand.

 

Dongwoo faintly smiles as he passes Myungsoo who looks only at Sunggyu’s back. Dongwoo sees that Myungsoo looks disappointed once again that he has not been acknowledged by Sunggyu so he stops.

 

“You know he doesn’t mean to treat you this way,” Dongwoo says calmly. He stands next to Myungsoo and pats the boy’s shoulder.

 

 

Dongwoo had spoken to Sunggyu about this before. It outraged Dongwoo. While yes, he too felt that it was wrong that Myungsoo survived and Sungyeol didn’t but what can they do. Myungsoo was also their brother and friend and it’s better to have one alive rather than both be almost dead.

 

“I know,” Myungsoo whispers. He takes a step forward to the door but stops and sighs, “But it and everything still hurts.”

 

Myungsoo continues to walk to the door and without stepping into the room, he reaches for the door knob and closes it. He knows that Sunggyu doesn’t blame him. He knows that it’s just that Sunggyu finds it hard to look at Myungsoo while Sungyeol is still comatose.

 

 

In a sense, they both feel guilty and can’t bring themselves to face it, that they couldn’t save Sungyeol and that they can’t explain or account to what happened at all.

 

Dongwoo and Myungsoo walk towards the seating era and sit next to each other. Dongwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter