2 of 3

The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk looks up and smirks as he sees what Dongwoo and Sunggyu have summoned. He then looks over to the Shiro clan and his smirk grows as he sees the displeased look Kwanghee has. He hears the audience whisper frantically.

Yongguk smiles satisfied that all the brutal training that he had put his brothers through was all worth it. He turns back to look up and leans back into his throne anticipating how they will act out next and is convinced that this is it, this is the final blow.

A huge net of sand is above the five. It looms over them menacingly beautiful. It’s growing rapidly in thickness and it stretches long enough to hover over the whole field of the stadium. It glitters in the darkness blending in slightly with the millions of stars spreading across the night sky.

The three trapping Dongwoo and Sunggyu together don’t seem to notice yet. Dongwoo and Sunggyu heave in and out air stabilizing themselves as they continue to quicken their pace.

The wind whirls around gathering more sand quickly as Sunggyu holds it all together and refines the grains enough so that they are sharp. It’s hard because this plan was supposed to be acted out with Sungyeol’s fire. The heat from Sungyeol’s fire would melt the sands into glass creating a deathly fusion but the other boy is gone and Sunggyu feels even more determined to finish this final blow to end it all.

Hoya throws another bolt at them but they don’t scream this time. It still hurts the same but they don’t waiver. Sunggyu focuses on improvising and gathering the heat from the shockwaves to the sands above them so that they mold better into sharper shards.

Sunggyu feels sweat dripping down his forehead and his muscles tightening from over exerting his powers and trying to mold and become one with the shockwaves that are pulsing through his body from Hoya’s powers. He uses his body’s energy to transfer the heat surging through his body to the grains above him.

Hoya stares questioningly at the two and he suddenly feels something pierce through his shoulder. He glances at his shoulder and a little bubble of red oozes out from where it contacted with the sand and when he looks up, he gasps.

“Now,” Sunggyu breathes out to Dongwoo.

Dongwoo heaves in air as he struggles to move his palms and a whirl of wind surround them quickly like a tornado and Sunggyu focuses on sharpening the sand grains together more.

Sunggyu takes a breath in sync with Dongwoo and they let go of all the tension constricting their muscles. A sudden shower of sand shards begins to pour down onto all of them.

“Move!” Hoya shouts as he stands up from where he was kneeling and tries to duck for cover but it’s too late. There’s nowhere to run and no shelter in this deserted field.

He hears Woohyun scream and sees Sungjong falling to the ground as the shower of sharp sand needles fall rapidly onto them. It hits them over and over again pounding against them.

It pierces through them and they all fall to the ground screaming out in pain. It slices through them never ending and they’re helpless from the shower of sand needles.

Sunggyu and Dongwoo stand in their protective wind shield, the cylinder of water and the thunder bolts holding them together is completely gone and they stand tall watching their final act go through.

The sands only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter