1 of 4

The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s been almost a month and he has not woken yet,” Yongguk says breaking the silence in the room. He sighs looking up at the two other mentors sitting across from him and hopelessly, he then continues to look over the files on the table.  

 

Dongwoo looks up in a daze from staring at the ugly maroon carpet on the wooden floor. He’s sitting next to Yongguk and as he looks up, he makes eye contact with Sunggyu who sits across the room on the window sill for just a second.

 

Sunggyu’s face is emotionless, he stares at Dongwoo blankly before turning to stare out the window again.

 

Everything seems so surreal. They thought that everything would be fine after the ritual, but that was proven wrong.

 

Sungyeol has been in a coma for almost a month now. While everyone was recovering rapidly, Sungyeol somehow did not heal as quickly.

 

Further investigation of the battle was done by the ancient elders in the clans and it was revealed that during Sungyeol’s and Myungsoo’s collision, one of Sungyeol’s protective ritual bracelets had cracked and was almost broken.

 

It was the first time in history that this has ever happened and it amazed everyone yet was so disturbing at the same time.

 

How was it that something so sacred and powerful broke so easily?

 

None of them could answer this, not even the elders in each of the families. Or so they say.

 

However, they have concluded that it was the destructive mix of powers that was partially the cause of this disaster.

 

Sunggyu still doesn’t understand though and he can’t help but feel angry. He felt so angry and spent so many days trying to find answers, real answers to why this all happened because those protective bracelets should have been strong enough. The more he tried to understand, the more he came up with no answers to this mystery.

 

Sunggyu even went to seek out Zelo, the boy who was in charge for this year’s ritual but the boy was no where to be found. It was like the boy disappeared off the face of the Earth. Only those who are chosen by the elders are able to lead the ritual. The more Sunggyu thought about it, the more he’s suspicious of the elders. They wrapped up the investigation too quickly and was not shocked at all when they heard Sungyeol wasn’t going to wake up any time soon.

 

 

So Sunggyu concluded that it just doesn't make any sense and that Zelo and the elders have something to do with all of this.

 

But although he knows all this, all he can do now is wait though. He has to wait because before he can do anything, he needs to know if Sungyeol is okay or not. And waiting for Sunggyu was about almost the worst thing he can do because he feels so helpless. The more he thinks about everything, the more crazy he gets and he knows he needs to calm down because it won’t do them any good. It won’t do them any good if he continues to act recklessly, and results in feeling helpless even more.

 

“We need to do something,” Himchan mutters as he leans on the long wooden table. The atmosphere is tense. It has been this way since the day they found out that Sungyeol was in a coma and it would be unknown until he wakes up.

 

Everyone in the room knows that the elders are hiding something but they can’t speak up about it. The only person who has been actively trying to find answers is Sunggyu, but now the boy just shuts himself off from the world. It’s really no use. When the elders hide something, they hide it well.

 

 

And this frustrates Himchan to no end because when will this neverending cycle all end?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter