1 of 2

The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu and Woohyun stare intensely at each other from afar. They stand silently waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Sunggyu senses a shift in the atmosphere and concludes that it’s about time.

“Yah, Nam Woohyun!” Sunggyu shouts across the field suddenly and Woohyun breaks his concentration to stare at the boy standing with his head held tall, almost a little too cocky.

“What!?”

“No funny business or else you’re really gonna die!” Sunggyu jokes and Woohyun smirks.

They’ve been friends since they were children and this fight is something that just has to happen.

When Sunggyu and Woohyun found out that they were going to be fighting against each other, it was uncomfortable. But since Sunggyu is the oldest out of the two of them, he made a pack with Woohyun that no matter what happens, they’ll be friends no matter what and that they have to give it their all. Sunggyu made the pack with everyone actually but he made sure Woohyun was the first to know. Sunggyu loves each and every single one of his younger brothers dearly and couldn’t imagine them fighting against each other, but since tradition is something very important in their society, it just has to happen.

Woohyun and Sunggyu have a special relationship. They’re not dongsaeng and hyung but more like best friends. It’s weird because usually people from differing clans do not make close friendships with another. When Woohyun thinks about it, their whole friend group is weird. Sunggyu, Woohyun, Dongwoo, Sungjong, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and Hoya are weird. They’re all so close to each other and while some are closer to some than others, they’re still very tight knitted despite them being from differing clans.

Woohyun sweeps his hair so it’s out of the way of his forehead and cheekily replies,

“Right back at you hyung!”

Sunggyu then takes off running towards Woohyun and Woohyun does the same. With a quick raise of Sunggyu’s hand as he runs, a rock poll rises quickly to the left side of Woohyun who dodges quickly rolling over to his side.

Sunggyu takes a quick step onto the rock jumping off it and as Woohyun rises from where he rolled, Sunggyu swings down his foot hard onto Woohyun’s shoulder slamming the boy back onto the ground.

The impact hits Woohyun hard as he falls grunting in surprise, but before he could fall, he grabs onto Sunggyu’s foot making them fall together. He tries to twist Sunggyu’s foot but his grip was too loose.

Sunggyu quickly breaks away from Woohyun and gets up to flex his foot with a smirk.

Woohyun takes a deep breath while getting up from where he fell and massages his shoulder.

“Wow, way to almost kill me,” Woohyun says sarcastically and Sunggyu smirks as they circle around each other slowly.

“It’s either you or me buddy,” Sunggyu jokes again with eyes never leaving the other.

It’s Woohyun’s turn to take off running to Sunggyu.

They both fight with hand to hand combat for a while blocking and striking each other quickly, before Woohyun slyly whips out his water whip from a stretch of his wrist and it wraps quickly around Sunggyu’s neck who was about to reach out and slam his fist into Woohyun’s face.

This quickly stops Sunggyu as he feels the wet texture around his neck tightening. They are inches away from each otherWoohyun has one hand into Sunggyu’s robe as the other is stretched out in front of Sunggyu’s face. Sunggyu has his other hand wrapped tightly around Woohyun’s wrist and he loosens it in shock.

Woohyun makes a huge leap back with one hand out still, a long strand of water in perfect rope form stretching out between them and Sunggyu gasps as he feels like he’s losing air. Sunggyu holds onto his neck with both hands and frowns as he realizes Woohyun has finally used his specialty power.

Sungyeol flinches as he sees Sunggyu fall on his knees choking and takes a step to go out and help but Dongwoo puts out his arm out blocking Sungyeol.

“Hyung,” Sungyeol whines but Dongwoo shakes his head.

“He’s alright, he’s just calculating now,”

Sungyeol looks over to Sunggyu with worried eyes. Sungyeol then sees Sunggyu’s pained expression disappearing as he removes his hands from his neck and closes his eyes.

Sunggyu holds his breath trying to balance himself and touches the ground gently with his fingers. He focuses hard trying to get his powers to vibrate the ground below them.

Woohyun continues to tighten his water whip around Sunggyu’s neck trying to make Sunggyu pass out.

Woohyun focuses long and hard on his powers. He then takes note of how Sunggyu doesn’t look like he’s suffering anymore and before he could do something about it, he suddenly feels the ground shaking and he loses his footing and concentration.

Sunggyu takes this chance to get up and runs straight into Woohyun headbutting him.

The water whip falls out of its form splashing onto them as Sunggyu lands on Woohyun with a thud. Sunggyu sits on top of Woohyun with his hair wet and uniform hugging tightly to his chest, He's grabbing the front of Woohyun’s wet robe with one hand holding him down as Woohyun struggles underneath him.

Sunggyu quickly takes this chance and reaches out his other hand in a fist and punching Woohyun’s cheek harshly. Woohyun’s head whips to one side and he feels another punch on his other cheek making his head snap to the other side.

Out of nowhere, Sungjong tackles Sunggyu onto the ground off of Woohyun and Woohyun sits up rubbing his cheek while feeling dizzy. He tastes the blood in his mouth and Myungsoo is soon by his side helping him up.

Dongwoo suddenly waves his arm and a gust of wind blows Sungjong off before the boy could attack Sunggyu with a fist full of strength and Sunggyu feels so goddamn thankful because Sunggyu is fully aware of how incredibly strong Sungjong is.

Sunggyu gets to his feet again. This time, Dongwoo and Sungyeol arrive by his side. Sunggyu is out of breath and Sungyeol pats his hyung’s back.

Hoya catches Sungjong who is light as a feather and settles the boy back onto his feet.

The boys all stand facing each other only a few meters away and Woohyun laughs as he can feel his cheeks swell.

There is no bloodshed yet but he can feel the determination growing.

Sunggyu glances quickly to Dongwoo and Sungyeol and they get in their formation stance.

The quicker they finish this off the better, Sunggyu thought and Woohyun nods at his fellow teammates as well.

They all run towards each other knowing who to attack and the first to get knocked down is Sungyeol.

Sungjong pushed Sungyeol down right as they come into contact and Sungyeol dodges the boy’s attempt to stomp on his face quickly. Right as Sungyeol gets up from where he had fallen, Myungsoo is right in front of him and a fire ball misses Sungyeol’s head by half a centimeter. Sungyeol’s eyes widen as he glares at Myungsoo and he stretches out his arms and throws a fire ball right back at Myungsoo.

Sungjong is about to attack Sungyeol from behind when in the corner of his eye he sees Woohyun on the ground again getting his head bashed in by Sunggyu. Sungjong quickly runs to where the two are and Dongwoo frowns running in front of Sungjong shaking his head.

Dongwoo and Sungjong stopped right in front of each other and Hoya frowns feeling neglected in the fight. Hoya then reaches out his arm and throws a zap at Dongwoo who calmly waves his arms and the lightening dissolves.

Dongwoo’s powers are so strongly developed that it can divert any attack. Hoya finally arrives next to Sungjong’s side and they are both aware that Dongwoo is the ultimate opponent to take down first. So they nod at each other quickly before Sungjong grabs onto Dongwoo surprising the other a bit and slams him down onto the ground.

 Dongwoo kicks the boy’s stomach as Sungjong holds onto Dongwoo slamming him down. Sungjong flys backwards and hits his back onto the ground hard. Dongwoo caught his fall before he was slammed down too harshly by a cushion of wind he created quickly and he swiftly does a windmill and stands straight up again.

Dongwoo is also known for his strength and Sungjong clutches onto his stomach as he gets up from the ground. Hoya now has Dongwoo in a choke hold and Dongwoo staggers backwards trying to break free.

A huge rock pops up behind them and Dongwoo slams Hoya’s back onto the rock making Hoya’s grip on him loosen. Dong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter