The Reaction

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GaEul’s tears still ran down her cheek without any sign of a stop. still sealed, refusing to let out any form of audible sound. Almost an hour had pass since the phone call she had made to YiJeong, but GaEul’s eyes still continued to release the enormous river of saline.

"GaEul ah. .... until when are you going to be like this?" JanDi who for the first time had no idea of what to be done said for the billionth times. She was worried that GaEul could ran out of body fluid due to the enormous amount of tears she had poured out of her system. She could only sit silently next to GaEul, hoping that her existence would at least bring some comfort to her only best friend.  

JanDi was caressing GaEul’s hair, getting it out from curtaining her puffy face when her phone rang vigorously, sending a wave of SHINee’s song across the living room." Hello?" JanDi picked up her phone.

"What? You just burnt what? Gu Jun Pyo!!!!! I told you not to touch anything in the kitchen WHY DIDN’T YOU LISTEN TO ME?" "Ishhh.  .  . I'm with GaEul right now." She rolled her eyes in displease. “Hey Gu Jun Pyo! Of course I am worried but WHO THE HELL ASKED YOU TO COOK AND BURNT YOUR OWN HAND? You could just ask the chef to cook that ramyun for you!!! "JanDi yelled into her phone. “Idiot!!!” she shrieked before she slammed her phone onto the sofa.

"Geum Jan Di . . . I'm fine. Go back home." GaEul finally uttered some words.

"No. I want to stay with you. It's just a minor burn, he can deal with it." JanDi shook her head, her stubborn nature started to make its appearance. She was worried about JunPyo, but at this time it was more important to stay by GaEul’s side rather than to entertain that childish curly hair.

"JanDi ah. . . Please. Just go. I’m feeling really sleepy" GaEul tried to shoo JanDi away.

"Are you sure?" JanDi who was obviously hurt at her friend’s reckless order asked. She missed the old GaEul who would bury her face in her shoulder whenever she was swamped in misery and needed to cry her heart out. She missed the old GaEul who wouldn’t let go of her hand until she had all the misery out of her memory.   

"Yes I am. Just go" GaEul uttered, her tone cold as ice, her face pale as ghost.

With that, GaEul left JanDi with no other choice but to walk away from her with a broken heart, for the eternal vow of being best friend was at the verge of being broken.

***********

It was 10 o'clock at night when JanDi received a phone call from SeungHyun.

"Geum Jan Di, where are you?" SeungHyun sounded seriously worried.

"I'm at home. Why oppa?" JanDi glanced at her sleeping husband. It was the first sight after a long time that the busy Shinhwa heir showed up early at their large mansion due to his hectic schedule. He must have been really tired.

"Please. Please go and get GaEul. Someone called me, saying that she fell asleep drunk at his shop. I'm still in Hong Kong, if only. . . "

"WHERE IS THE PLACE?" JanDi interjected before he could finish his sentence. She wasted not even one second after she obtained information about GaEul’s location. She grabbed her car key and literally dashed her way to the stated stall which was situated near YiJeong’s pottery studio.

"Ish, Chu Ga Eul. You said you were going to sleep. What are you doing at YiJeong’s studio this late at night?” JanDi mumbled to herself while she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter