Solving the Misunderstanding

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            "Granma. Please take a good care of your health" GaEul said while releasing JungAh from her embrace.

JungAh’s lips was sealed, refusing to let any words out. Only a faint smile was briefly flashed on her face to exhibit the bittersweet emotion she was having.

"Granma. I will come to visit as often as I can" GaEul tried to persuade the late aged woman. She felt sorry for leaving even after the grandmother had put on great efforts to make her stay.

"Thank you Granma. I’m sorry again for all the troubles" SeungHyun bowed to JungAh. He was the one person who was totally against the idea of GaEul travelling to Sweden, especially when the journey was done in search for YiJeong, the ominous man who made a mess out of his one and only little sister’s life. He had tried almost everything he could to impede her plan when deep inside he knew that her will was unstoppable; that her love for her husband was too great to hinder, and as he had expected, he finally gave in to her plead and he had to let her go even when it was absolutely against his will.

"I'm going JongSuk ah …" GaEul turned to face JongSuk who was in a state of reticent and slowly held his hand. He chose not to give her any verbal respond, and his hand smoothly escaped its way from GaEul’s clasp.

As if she had foreseen the response, she backed up and gave him a faint smile. "Goodbye" she reluctantly uttered before she turned away and wended her way towards SeungHyun’s jet black Lamborghini. It was the first time she felt such immense amount of guilt weighing her shoulders, she was selfish but she couldn’t do anything about it. YiJeong was like air to her and she wasn’t really sure about surviving without air encircling her; even when he had hurt her too many times, even when her wounds have yet to recover.

I’m sorry JongSuk, I know I am a fool. But I couldn’t help it.

After a hush of long sigh, her fingers moved to click the car’s door open but a sudden feeling of a tight grip on her other wrist put her on halt.

"Noona. Don’t go. Please."

Her eyes met his intense stare, a stare that spoke to her, pleading her not to leave, and the burden weighing her shoulders seemed to multiply the longer she kept the stare on those innocent eyes. "I'm sorry. This is not the life I belong to" GaEul tried to sound firm. "I can't do anything even if you hate me” she continued. "Erase me from your memory, if that could make you happy.” Her utterance was getting firmer, her voice soft but vivid. “Lee Jong Suk, I’m sure you will meet your very own soul mate, someone better than me" she ended with a dim smile, still trying to ignore his rueful eyes.

"I'm going. Take care of yourself, JongSuk ah." GaEul said before stepping into the Lamborghini. The luxury ride then drifted its way out of his sight, leaving him stagnant on the same spot, broken and anguished.

*********

            The interior of the art gallery caused the petite lady to gasp in awe. Beautiful art pieces were scattered strategically around the huge gallery, with paintings on one side, sculptures on the other side, and a grand gold coloured indoor water fountain in between the areas, which played the role as the centre of the temple of the arts. GaEul walked past the water fountain and made her way up a wide staircase that led her to the first floor, where one gigantic sized portrait of a kitten greeted her.

            Amazed, she continued her exploration on the gallery that was almost void of any visitor at that moment. She strolled around the floor but instinctively stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter