The Regret and Decision

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So Yi Jeong was leaning against his orange Lotus car. He had been staring at the piece of paper he was holding in his hand since forever. ‘2-B6, YongWon Province, Hansang Village, Busan’ were written on the piece of paper, which was apparently an address.

*****

“This is your last chance. You can find her here” JanDi said while handing the piece of paper containing the address into YiJeong’s hand. “But as you clearly know, SeungHyun oppa will kill me if he knows about this. Make sure this stays a secret” JanDi warned.

“Thank you. I really don’t know how to repay you JanDi”

“I’m not doing it because of you. I’m doing this for GaEul’’ JanDi shrugged of a cold glance.

With that in mind, YiJeong turned around and walk away, his pace slow and weak.  JanDi had told him every single thing that happened while he was away, and now he was left with something terrible gnawing in his gut, knowing that his ignorance had caused GaEul such terrible catastrophe. And he didn’t even know that losing a baby he once detested could be this saddening.

***

YiJeong was standing in front of a large traditional house. If the navigation machine didn’t lie to him, which the occurrence was almost impossible, the house was supposed to be the one mentioned in the address. At a glance, the house looked utterly more than a hundred years old, with a wide lawn and side garden filled with green vegetable plants.

YiJeong wandered around the house in awe. He had been almost around the world but this was the first time he had ever been to a historical residential house, which looked more like a museum or a filming set rather than being a building that was supposed to  house his wife. He strode around the fence-less residence, unknowingly led himself towards the backyard, and as he had expected, the backyard view was also very ancient looking. There were numerous ceramic containers which typically contained Kimchi and soy sauce lined along the sandy pavement of the yard. On the other side of the yard, more than five line of strings with fabrics and clothes hanging on it to dry stood firmly on the grass field, and the sight somehow gave him a feel of being at a giant laundry shop.

He was having his own time checking around the place when a humming sound greeted his sensory of sound. The sound was so familiar to him that he unknowingly followed the calming voice, his pace led him through the field of fabrics in which he wandered in the area in search of the tantalizing voice.

He reached the end of the clothesline and what he discovered from the spot he was standing caused his brain a major blackout. GaEul was sitting on a bench under a big tree, her face glowed under the morning sunshine. She has wounds on her forehead, but YiJeong could still immediately recognize her sweet smile. He stood at the same spot, practically petrified at the sight of his wife, who was having her eyes closed, while humming into songs she was listening through her headphone.

I found you. I finally found you! YiJeong screamed mentally.

He was greatly relieved that he could see GaEul again. But strangely, YiJeong couldn’t move a muscle. He had b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter