The Conceder

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GaEul’s running steps finally came to its end when there was nothing else in front of her other than the white painted wooden wall, her feet gradually lost its strength and she eventually collapsed, her side leaning against the wall. She could not restrain the tears that was clouding her eyes anymore. She placed her palm on her chest, hoping that the pain which was stabbing her heart right now would go away.

But then her efforts were all trashed. Her tears still came out flowing non-stop, the pain was still hammering her heart. She cried her heart out like a small kid, no matter how much she wanted to stop, no matter how much she wanted to ignore the ominous feeling, the tears still refused to stop bursting out of her eyes.

It was just a crush, but why did she felt the inevitable potent pain when he told her about his wife? Why did she ran away from him, when she can just shrug it off and pretend she heard nothing?

But he was just a crush.

“I told you” a man’s voice floated somewhere above her.

GaEul lifted her head up to see JongSuk standing in front of her.

“I told you that you will get hurt” JongSuk squatted down next to her, his eyes stared deeply into hers. “I told you that I don’t want to see those beautiful eyes drenched in tears anymore” he hushed a sigh.

GaEul said nothing, instead her cries became louder, causing the endless river of tears to escape her eyes. JongSuk once again hushed a sigh before he slithered his arm over her shoulder and pulled her slowly into his embrace. He drew GaEul’s head close to his chest, so that it would act as a soundproof wall that will swallow her cries. He her hair, silently persuading her to stop shedding her valuable tears.

That scene, was unfortunately seen by YiJeong who was worried about the missing GaEul. He overcame the acrid pain on his face and searched the whole house for her presence just to see the heart breaking scene in front of his eyes. He couldn’t do anything other than to clench his fist in agony, while witnessing JongSuk caressing his wife’s hair so intimately.

 

Starting from that moment, GaEul tried her hardest to avoid meeting YiJeong.

She woke up late purposely to avoid having breakfast with him, she banned herself from going near his room, and she tried just everything to prevent herself from bumping into the man she knew as Kim Beom.

“GaEul…. Can you help me to take some sugars in the store?” JungAh asked GaEul for help. She was trying to make sweet dumplings for dinner when she realized that the sugars in the kitchen were all used up.

“Okay….” GaEul replied obediently. She made her way to the storage room that was about 100 meters away from the kitchen. The old storage room was filled with things hither and thither, making it almost impossible to even walk inside the place. 

“Sugar …” GaEul’s eyes wandered around the storage room while searching for the pack of sugars that JungAh asked for. “There it is” GaEul finally spotted the sugar packets, arranged tidily on the 4th tier of the storage compartment. “Eisshhh… Why must put it in a place so high?” GaEul mumbled while her hands grabbed a ladder. She climbed the ladder as fast as possible, not wanting the elder to wait for long. Her hand reached for the sugar packs, grabbed a few packets and she quickly shoved them in her embrace.

But suddenly she felt shaky and unbalanced. That was when she realized that she forgot to hold the pillar for support, and before she knew it, she fell backward. GaEul’s every nerves contracted the moment she felt her body descended. She closed her eyes tight, expecting that her back would soon be landing on the cold concrete floor of the storage room. She could almost smell the scent of the hospital as it would be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter