The Tragedy

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JanDi was looking at GaEul.

GaEul was running around happily, her long and smooth hair blown softly by the wind, her face glowed under the moonlight. It had been a long time since JanDi saw her best friend so genuinely happy.

But suddenly GaEul stopped. She turned abruptly to face JanDi.

Her face turned paler than a ghost.

"Please save me" GaEul said weakly, before vanishing into thin air.

            "GaEul !!!!!! " JanDi screamed as she woke up from her unpleasant sleep.

She scanned her surrounding confusedly. Everything still looked blurry around her but she could tell easily by the smell that she was in a hospital. She then tried to recall the reason why she was lying down on a hospital bed.

Then the pictures came slowly into her mind.

She remembered everything around her slowed down.

And GaEul.

GaEul was on the tar road, lying unconscious with a pool of blood.

The car.

She was hit by a car.

"GaEul!!!!" JanDi shoot up, she recalled everything and she automatically left her bed in search for her best friend. She could remember how GaEul wandered aimlessly with her unconscious mind when she was answering SeungHyun’s call. She immediately ran towards a long haired nurse that was busy arranging files.

"Doctor Geum?" the nurse was shocked.  “Aren’t you supposed to be having a rest now?”

"SeoHyun. GaEul. Did you see my friend? Is she here?" stream of tears ran down JanDi's cheek.

"Doctor. Please calm down.  She. . . . She is in the emergency room. Still. Our seniors are still trying" the nurse tried to calm JanDi down.

JanDi couldn’t believe the thing she just heard. So it was not a dream or an illusion. GaEul was really. . .

JanDi's knees suddenly felt weak.

"Doctor! Are you okay?" thankfully the nurse caught her from falling onto the floor. She then guided JanDi towards a sofa nearby. "These are your belongings, the paramedic passed these to me just now. I’m really sorry for what had happened, but you don’t have to worry too much. I’m sure that your friend will be safe" the nurse said while she gave a pair of handbags which were white and blue in colour respectively.

JanDi's whole body shakes the moment she saw the white handbag, which was GaEul's, smeared with blood stains. "JunPyo" JanDi suddenly thought of calling her husband. She checked her phone to find out that her husband had made 50 missed calls over the night. She was trying to call JunPyo when suddenly her phone rang.

To her own agony, the person calling was So Yi Jeong.

"H-hello" JanDi finally answered after a lengthy hesitation.

"JanDi, is GaEul there? I’ve called her so many times but she didn't pick up her phone." YiJeong sounded gravely worried.

Hearing YiJeong’s voice, JanDi really wanted to scream her heart out, to spit out all her anger and frustration. But she could feel a tennis ball

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter