The Confession

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a sunny afternoon. GaEul was waiting nervously outside Shinhwa Hospital's maternity clinic. It was time for her to check the baby's gender. She wouldn’t really mind about that particular matter but it would be wonderful if the baby is a boy, as she had always wanted it to be.

"Chu Ga Eul." a nurse called from the doctor's room. GaEul walked apace towards the room despite the heavy mass she was carrying in her womb.

****************************

"SO?" JanDi stared at GaEul, her eyes wide and sparkling.

"He is a boy!!!” GaEul’s lips curved into a wide smile, she was clearly unable to hold her excitement.

"OH MY GOD, SERIOUSLY?" JanDi was turning hysteric.

"Yeah. Why should I lie about my baby's gender?" GaEul pinched JanDi's supple cheek.

"Kyaa!!!!!!!!!!! Omo, Omo, how should we celebrate this? We are going to have a prince in the house. We could engage him with JaeYoung later in the days. This is seriously going on like a drama." JanDi shrieked like a mad woman.

"Geum Jan Di! Don’t you even think about it! JaeYong would be too old for my little baby" GaEul replied cheerily. “Besides, why engage him with Il Shin heir when I could grab ShinHwa’s heir?” GaEul narrowed her eyes at JanDi’s stomach. “Make sure your first is a girl” she uttered before letting out an evil laugh.

“Ish. What kind of nonsense are you talking about?” JanDi crossed her arms around her stomach as a gesture of protection. “Not now” she pouted defensively. "But wait, isn’t YiJeong going to come back and celebrate this wonderful news with us? Like hello, doesn’t he has any break from those whatever research he is doing?" JanDi sipped her iced chocolate nonchalantly.

JanDi’s words put a halt on GaEul’s action. She stopped eating her sandwich and slowly she shifted her gaze towards her best friend. Finally JanDi asked the question, that question about YiJeong. How should I answer her? Should I lie to her? Lie to my own inseparable friend?

"Chu Ga Eul…" JanDi called, puzzled by GaEul's response.

GaEul cleared awkwardly. “N-no, he wouldn’t have any break soon" GaEul stuttered. Her eyes perplexed in a very wild manner.

"Really? Seriously that guy? Is he that busy?” JanDi whispered, her face filled with an obvious amount of suspicion.

“Hm” GaEul gave a tiny nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter