First Time Eating With Him

Please Let It Be With Me

 

“I can tell you don’t model a lot.” The young hairstylist piped up while teasing Onew’s hair for the shoot. 

“Heh. What gave it away?” Onew said nervously, not sure if the girl was insulting him or being funny. 

“The fact that you tripped walking through the doorframe over absolutely nothing!” Chimed in another lady that walked into the room holding a large extensive makeup kit. 

“Uh...yeah...this was sort of a last minute add on. Minho says it’s lonely modeling all by himself.” Onew defended himself. 

 

The women blushed at the sound of Minho’s name reaching their ears, which did not go unnoticed by Onew. The ladies all smiled and  jumped into asking Onew questions about their beloved Minho. 

 

“Onew-ssi...when is Minho-goon’s birthday and what is his favorite color? This is my third time working on him...and I just thought a gift...” The lady nervously trailed off. 

 

Wow these people really love Minho...why isn’t he taken yet? Do I have any chance at all? 

 

Onew then decided it would be rude if he didn’t answer. “Uh...Minho’s birthday is December 9th and his favorite color I believe is blue.” 

 

“Whaaa! That’s so soon! I’ll get him a perfect present!” 

 

“Onew-ssi! Onew-ssi! Is Minho-goon doing another drama? God he was so handsome in his other two.” 

 

Well this was beyond uncomfortable for Onew. He liked Minho evidently a lot seeing how jealous he felt. 

 

“It’s funny really, I would have never pegged you guys as close...you don’t do many activities together like Taemin-goon and Minho-goon or Key-goon and Jonghyun-goon, you know?” One of the stylists commented as she finished up Onew’s hair. 

 

This comment made him angry. Were they that distant seeming to other people? Perhaps it was his fault. Perhaps he never really had to worry about Minho, seeing as how he didn’t seem to be missing his family like Key or how he wasn’t only 14 like Taemin, or as needy as Jonghyun was when they debuted. And he supposed that the other members truly did take up most of his time. Maybe Minho needed some time to get to know him and he knew he needed time to get to know the group’s lead rapper. Onew also never really openly praised him, stood near him in photos, talked to him without everyone else there. The distance was partly his fault and partly the fact that the fans demanded and craved 2min, Minkey, and even Jongho sometimes. Onho was basically non-existent and was actually listed as SHINee’s most unlikely couple on fan websites which Onew had looked up due to the realization that he wanted to be put in more activities with Minho. Onew was pissed to say the least, but held his tongue. 

 

A few moments later, in walked Minho looking perfect as usual. The stylists gasped and left Onew to greet Minho. Onew slumped down in his chair and began to play with his phone to hide his sadness and jealousy. 

 

Onew didn’t see it, but Minho looked above the sea of talkative stylists to glance at the back of Onew’s head, concerned, worried for his hyung. 

 

“Onew hyung!” Minho called out. The sweet sound of Minho’s deep voice reached Onew’s ears and he turned around. Onew’s anger and jealousy disappeared as he saw Minho in dressed in a suit, hair perfectly done. It took Onew’s breath away and if that wasn’t enough, Minho was smiling his adorable smile, his large eyes creasing a little bit. He was more or less a god in Onew’s eyes. Onew wanted to confess right now but something was holding him back. The fact that he wanted it to be mutual. He wanted to become friends with Minho. 

 

Minho walked over to Onew who was still in the styling chair as the other hairdressers sighed at their loss of Minho’s attention and left the room to do other things. 

 

“Hyung. I really wanted to thank you for coming with me. I don’t get to see you that much...and so I’m happy.” Minho said still smiling. 

 

These words made Onew smile like a dork. “No problem Minho-ah!” Onew then thought of something. “Um...Minho? Do you have anything else scheduled today?” 

 

Minho was taken aback. He never really hung out with Onew all that much. He never really knew why because his hyung was so fun and hilarious. 

 

“No I’m free after this. Why?” Minho questioned. 

“I’m f..f..free too so I was wondering if you wanted to get b..bubble tea with me and maybe go somewhere to eat?” Onew said shyly. 

“Sure hyung! It’s really cold...but I’ve been kinda craving bubble tea for a while. That sounds fun! I finally get the honor of eating alone with SHINee’s king, the fearless leader Lee Jinki!” Minho said as if presenting Onew to the royal court and bowing to him for affect. 

 

Onew laughed. He never really knew Minho was truly this funny. Usually when Minho said stuff, Key or Jonghyun would just take over, those camerawhores. Onew liked this side of Minho a lot. 

 

Many hours later, it was around 4:30 pm and Onew and Minho were both very hungry. Onew was a little upset because he didn’t realize that this shoot involved another model, a girl, who both he and Minho had to hug and interact with. Onew was in the changing room grumbling a bit about how it wasn’t really just he and Minho doing the shoot. Onew had slipped on his skinny jeans that hugged his muscular thighs just right and he was in the middle of putting on his shirt, but was having a bit of trouble when Minho came into the room without knocking. Onew’s abs were highly exposed. 

 

“Onew hyung! You almost....ah! S...sorry hyung! I s...should have knocked. I’ll...be waiting o..out..s...side....come out when your done!” Minho ran out of the room before Onew could say it was alright. Confused Onew kept changing. Was it that big of a deal seeing him shirtless? They lived in the same dorm and Onew knew Minho couldn’t possibly like him back the way he liked Minho. 

 

On the other side of the door, Minho was leaning against it, heart beating extremely fast. He felt the beat in his rib cage, his head, his neck. Minho hit his chest to tell his heart to slow down. 

 

Since when did Onew hyung have abs? And why is he wearing those skinny jeans? Aren’t they too...I don’t know. He’s...

 

Minho’s rapid weird thoughts about his hyung were interrupted by Onew coming out of the room, all bundled up for the cold. Minho straightened himself up and calmed himself down. 

 

“Minho-ah. You ok? You ready to go get BUBBLE TEA~” Onew said excitedly clapping his hands like a child. 

 

Minho laughed and shook his head. 

 

Since when was Onew hyung so damn cute and handsome at the same time? How have I not noticed this? 

 

The two walked in awkward silence, not having much to talk about as they headed into the bubble tea place. The place also had pastries and cakes with fruit on them. The two ordered their bubble tea, both ordering leeche flavor. They sat down, face to face. 

 

“So...” Onew started. “I haven’t been able to talk to you much at all. How are things going?” 

 

Minho nodded sipping his bubble tea, chewing on on of the delicious “bubbles” as he thought. 

 

“Good! I’ve been so busy with filming and commercials I almost thought that it was December!” Minho chuckled. “Our birthdays are coming up soon, hyung. Were both around this year so we should celebrate together neh?” 

 

Onew was shocked. Usually, around this time, the members were off doing bunches of other stuff. Onew and Minho had never celebrated their birthdays together, even though it was only a 5 day difference between the days. Siwon, Changmin, and others usually held a celebration for Minho and Onew would celebrate with either family or Joon. Onew smiled at how fun celebrating their birthdays together would be. 

 

During this conversation, and then the conversation while they ate chicken, Onew learned a lot about Minho and Minho learned a lot about Onew. Minho didn’t like anything too sweet. Onew loves to swim. Minho gets uncomfortable when asked about his dream girl on variety shows or the radio. Onew wished he was more fluent in English. Minho hated when Key tried to teach him Japanese. All this stuff the two of them never knew about, they learned. And during this conversation, as one might expect with a clumsy, terrible-joke telling leader, and a usually quiet stoic guy, there wasn’t one moment of awkwardness. Both were greatly enjoying each other’s company and both blushed at the thought of seeing the other in a beautiful suit or seeing the other shirtless.