Feelings Change

Please Let It Be With Me

“Minho hyung! Onew hyung! It’s almost your birthdays!” Taemin chirped, unusually energetic that morning during their schedule. 

 

They were being interviewed for a magazine that would go along with their endorsement photo-shoot for the February edition of Maypole. It had to be done in December because as shining SHINee, they were indeed very booked up. 

 

“Are you gonna do anything special for them?” Taemin asked. 

“We were thinking about doing something...like a joint birthday thing.” Onew explained and blushed while Minho nodded in agreement.

“Really!? You two never do birthday things together!” Taemin exclaimed, thinking how cute it was. 

“Yeah well, we never really thought about it before. Our birthdays are so close together, we thought, why not?” Minho said. 

“Can I plan it?” Taemin blurted out. 

“Taemin, it’s not gonna be a big thing.” Onew said, embarrassed.

“No no of course not. I just thought, since you hyungs do so much for me...” Taemin looked down in a fake pout. 

 

Resistance was futile. Taemin was too cute. Minho and Onew’s hearts melted to puddles. 

 

“Fine Taeminnie, you can plan our birthday thing. Okay?” Onew gave in. 

“YES!! It’ll be great!” Taemin yelled, making the whole room of photo-shoot staff go quiet. 

“Um. Taemin, you know Key is gonna wanna help.” Minho commented, quieting the conversation back down to a normal level.

“Yeah yeah, I know. I’ll let him help, but only a little. I promise it’ll be fantastic!” Taemin promised. 

 

Every time from that moment on, that Taemin had a break, he was writing things down for Minho and Onew’s birthday celebration. The only thing that was hard was that the cold went on for months so obviously having anything outside was impossible. 

 

Damn December birthdays. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“You ready?” Jonghyun asked, interrupting Key’s coffee drinking session. 

 

Surprisingly, Key was in a good mood. Jonghyun had that affect on him. Their fun energies were impossible to deny, and while Key wouldn’t admit it, he really missed Jonghyun being around and talking non stop with him. He was upset and nervous about the whole, both liking Taemin thing, but he really did not want his friendship with his short hyung to end.  

 

“Hell yeah!” Key yelled.  

“You sure you don’t wanna use our cell phones?” Jonghyun asked laughing at the large walkie talkie in his hand. 

“Walkie talkies are the , okay? They are what the real spies use.” Key defended. 

“Ah. My mistake. Sorry Key.” Jonghyun laughed. 

“Yeah yeah. Let’s go! To the cafe near the big H&M!” Key said excitedly. 

 

Please let this work, Key. 

Joon arrived at the cafe at 12:50, really excited to see Onew. He even brought a box of cookies that G.O. homemade, but he would tell Onew that he made them. 

 

Key and Jonghyun arrived at the cafe. They had what Key thought were good disguises on. These disguises were Jonghyun wearing Key’s clothes and Key wearing Jonghyun’s clothes. Key shoved Jonghyun into the cafe first and Jonghyun ordered coffee and grabbed his own table which was behind Joon’s table. 

 

Key then came in about five minutes later, and grabbed a table to the left of Joon’s table. He then walkie talkied Jonghyun. 

 

“Psst.” Key made a crackling into the walkie. 

“What?” Jonghyun asked. 

“Status?” Key asked back. 

“We’re not spies and Jess isn’t here yet. Chill out agent 007.” Jonghyun laughed. 

“God. You’re no fun.” Key pouted. 

“I beg to differ. Oh oh! Jess is coming in now! Cross your fingers!” Jonghyun said excitedly. 

“Roger. Over and out.” Key said in English. 

“Go away Key.” Jonghyun retorted. 

 

Jessica arrived and went to the counter to get her coffee, looking around to see if Onew was there yet. Key broke out his not-so-inconspicuous binoculars. 

 

“Key!” Jonghyun yelled through the walkie talkie. 

“What?” 

“Put those away, you freak!” Jonghyun reprimanded. 

“Don’t be Minho! I thought you were the fun one!” 

“I...really? I am not Minho! Just...put those away, they’re ridiculous.” Jonghyun defended himself. 

“Roger!” Key said back. 

 

Jonghyun groaned. Key is really too over the top. 

 

Jessica was now looking around the cafe. It was 1:05 and Onew obviously wasn’t there. Jessica then spotted Joon. Happy at least to see someone sort of familiar, she approached him. 

 

“...um...Joon oppa?” Jessica tapped his shoulder nervously. 

 

Joon turned around and recognized Jessica. She looked really pretty and Joon felt a little flustered. 

 

“Um...Jessica! Hey, how’s it going?” Joon asked, trying not to look like a fool. 

“Pretty good.” Jessica smiled.

“I’m meeting someone here but if you want, you can sit until they come.” Joon offered. 

 

“! Jjong!” Key said through the walkie. 

“What?” Jonghyun asked. 

“Jessica is gonna ask why Joon is there! Call Jessica and distract her! Yell at her or something! Make her angry and then her and Joon have something to talk about!” Key hissed into the walkie. 

“Fine.” Jonghyun said. 

 

Ring ring! 

“Jessica!” Jonghyun urged. 

 

“Hold on a sec, oppa.” Jessica said politely to Joon. 

 

“Um. Hey Jjong! I’m kinda busy, you know, my love life is on the line.” Jessica said impatiently. 

“Why don’t you ever call me to just talk to me?” Jonghyun said, beginning a deliberate argument. 

“Jjong...now’s not the time!” Jessica snapped back. 

“No Jess, listen. I thought we were friends and stuff. I thought I could call you when I’m having issues, but all you care about is my hyung.” Jonghyun continued, faking anger. 

“Jonghyun! Listen to yourself! Just calm down!” Jessica pleaded, eyeing Joon, who was looking concerned. 

“No I will not calm down! You hurt me Jess! Hurt me real good!” Jonghyun said, trying not to laugh. 

“Okay. I can’t do this with you right now. Goodbye Jonghyun.” Jessica said angrily. 

 

She slammed her phone shut and sat down at Joon’s table in a huff. 

 

“...Um...everything ok?” Joon asked. 

“You know what? Those SHINee boys really have a talent for drama. There is always something going on. From Key to Jonghyun to Onew trying to hold back Jonghyun from killing Key and Minho trying to hold back Key from killing Jonghyun, and Taemin being Taemin. I mean goodness. They’re all drama queens and they’re all guys!” She exclaimed. 

“So...which of the 5 was it this time?” Joon asked, laughing, knowing quite well of SHINee’s antics. 

“Who do you think? The goddamn dinosaur!” She exclaimed, making Joon laugh until his stomach began to hurt. 

“He’s Onew’s closest friend besides Taemin. They don’t go together at all!” Jessica said, laughing as well. 

“Well neither do Minho and Key.” Joon commented. 

“True. Very true.” Jessica agreed. 

“Damn! It’s 1: 45! Where the hell...” Joon began. 

“You meeting someone special? You have cookies with you. You bake ‘em yourself?” Jessica asked. 

“Ah. No. G.O. baked them. He’s MBLAQ’s umma, so. Yeah I was supposed to meet someone, but I’ll call them later. You want a cookie?” Joon offered. 

“I was supposed to meet someone too, but they’re probably sick or something. I would love a cookie, thank you.” Jessica said, trying to cheer herself up. Jessica took a cookie that was in the shape of a chicken. “Wow! These are amazing! I need this recipe! Tiffany loves to bake and I need these on the daily!” Jessica exclaimed.

 

Wow. She’s so cute. 

 

“I’ll ask G.O. what it is.” Joon said, giving his killer smile, genuinely enjoying himself. 

 

They talked for hours, until Jessica needed to leave at 4. They gave an awkward hug, cutely giggled, and exchanged numbers, leaving a very happy Key and Jonghyun. 

 

“Psst!” Key said into the walkie. 

“Yeah?” Jonghyun asked. 

“That went well, yeah?” Key asked, super happy about his work. 

“Yeah. They are really cute together.” Jonghyun said. 

“Jjong?” Key asked. 

“Who do I look cute with?” Key asked, completely surprising Jonghyun. 

“Key what...” Jonghyun began. 

“Well, I’m just wondering, if I’m meant to be with someone.” Key said. 

“Why don’t you talk about this with Minho?” Jonghyun asked. 

“Well because you are the one in love with the one I’m love with, and I would rather keep our friendships more than anything...so...” Key said, dying off at the end. 

“Key. All I know is you have to follow your heart. That’s what I’m doing. No matter what I really want us to stay close, yeah?” Jonghyun asked sweetly. 

“Yeah. Roger.” Key said, sadly. 

 

Jonghyun got up from the table he was sitting at and went over and sat next to Key. He wrapped his arms around the taller boy. 

 

“You’re an amazing person. Anyone would be crazy to turn you down.” Jonghyun said. 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Later at home, Key was sitting in his room thinking about what Jonghyun said and how he felt about Taemin when his phone began to ring. It was Mir. 

 

“Hey.” Key sighed. 

“Key? You okay?” Mir asked. 

“Uh yeah. Calling about Joon? Don’t be mad at me, I sort of...” Key began. 

“I know. Joonsica. It’s cute and she’s adorable and talented and has a big ego like Joon.” Mir said. 

“Did Joon call Onew?” Key asked. 

“Nope. He’s just been babbling about Jessica.” Mir said laughing. 

“Really?!” Key asked, excitedly. 

“Yup. So...you ok?” Mir asked again. 

“Uh...well...no. The person I like, I’m losing them to a friend.” Key said. 

“Jonghyun likes Taemin, huh?” Mir said. 

“How do you know that?” Key asked, voice cracking, tears threatening to escape his eyes. 

“Key, I know you. I know who you have eyes for. Maybe the best thing to do is allow your heart to change. Hm? Does Taemin like Jonghyun back?” Mir asked. 

“I think so.” Key said, now crying. 

“Well...don’t take that away. Change your heart Key, find someone that beats Taemin!” Mir yelled in a weird accent to make Key laugh. 

 

And Key did. 

 

A/N: Oh the feels. OH THEM FEELS. Goodness. Sorry this took a bit longer to write. Hope you enjoy^^ More Onho and Taemin on the side in the next chapter!!! <33 also did you all see what I did there with the cross your fingers? Hehehehe