Just Spit It Out Already!

Please Let It Be With Me

Everyone in the dorm was feeling better in terms of their health, however, Minho was stressing about what had happened the night before, not to mention he wasn’t feeling well now. He had been in close contact with all four of the other members no matter the precautions he took, and sick Onew had kissed him. He didn’t blame Onew at all, but he was frustrated that he didn’t take more precautions to avoid getting sick. 

 

He replayed it in his mind over and over again, the feeling of Onew brushing his hair back with his lovely fingers, the feeling of Onew kissing him. Minho’s face heated up in addition to his rising fever every single time he thought of that moment. 

 

The hard thing about being a five-part group was that you’re always together, very close knit, so Minho couldn’t possibly avoid Onew. Minho didn’t want to really, Minho wanted to tell Onew how he felt, but he was so flustered, so worried that Onew might regret it. In fact, Minho wanted to be with Onew every minute of every day but he was so scared that they didn’t know each other well enough, that there wasn’t enough meaningful stuff between them. Minho thought he was going crazy for sure. 

 

It definitely did not help when Joon and Jessica kept coming to the dorm after hearing Onew had been sick. The first day Joon brought something and cared for Onew even though he was fine, then teased Key about him and Mir, and then took his leave. The next day Jessica came and brought cakes and cookies and fussed over Onew. Minho honestly wanted to throw Jessica’s cakes and cookies across the room and he wanted to shut the door on Joon’s face.

 

Minho’s attitude and deteriorating health did not go unnoticed by Key, however. While Jonghyun and Taemin were off in their own world and Onew was for the most part preoccupied with being excessively visited by Joon or Jessica, Key saw how tired and flushed Minho looked, not to mention how jealous Minho got whenever Joon, Jessica, or their goods they dropped off were in the dorm. 

 

On the third day after everyone got rid of the virus, Minho had definitely come down with something and he showed no signs of getting better. In fact, this day seemed to be the worst. Minho walked around, trying to act as normal as possible, refusing Key’s care. Minho put on such a good face, that Onew only noticed how tired and red Minho was today. Onew began to feel so terrible for not being there for Minho. 

 

“Minho. Lemme make you soup.” Key urged. 

“No I’m okay. I took medicine and ate bread. I’m going to rest.” Minho said, putting on a fake smile. 

“Minho goon, are you sure you don’t need anything?” Jessica, who had come again asked sweetly.  

 

She’s here again?! Leave Onew hyung alone! 

 

“No.” Minho answered coldly. He then felt bad for being so thoughtless with his senior and friend so he quickly apologized and explained that he was okay. 

Minho walked to his room trying not to look angry. Key sighed, wanting Onew to be the one to go talk to Minho, but he knew that Onew was still a bit shy around Minho so he went himself to comfort his best friend. 

 

“Minho.” Key said as he walked in their shared room and closed the door. 

“Yes? Key hyung?” Minho asked in a biting tone, surprising Key. Minho never called Key “hyung” unless he was really mad and feeling sarcastic because really, they were less than three months apart.  

“You’re sick.” Key said, sitting down on Minho’s bed, feeling his forehead. 

“I know.” Minho said back. 

“Why don’t you ask us to help?” Key asked, concernedly. 

“I don’t need it, it’ll pass soon.” Minho said, looking down at his feet. 

“Don’t be an idiot and take medicine and let your friends help you.” Key said patting Minho’s back. 

“Fine. I think I’m gonna sleep.” Minho said, not really wanting Key to leave, but he didn’t want to talk anymore. 

“I’m gonna stay and sleep too. This is my room also.” Key said smiling. 

“You’ll get sick again.” Minho said.

“You’re not sneezing or throwing up or anything so I’ll be okay.” Key said as he snuggled into his bed on the other side of the nightstand. 

“Okay.” Minho sighed, staring up at the ceiling. 

“You’re jealous aren’t you.” Key stated, peering over at Minho. 

“Jealous?” Minho asked, playing dumb. 

“Jessica and Joon coming over to take care of Onew hyung.” Key said bluntly. 

“They like him, you know. Both of them.” Minho said sadly. 

“Jonghyun and I can tell you that they don’t.” Key said smugly. 

“How do you know that they don’t?” Minho asked, now on his side facing Key, very interested in what Key had to say. 

“We tricked them into meeting each other and they hit it off. They began to date. They’re just still good friends with Onew hyung.” Key said. 

“Really?” Minho asked, relieved. 

“Neh.” Key said back. 

 

There was a calm silence in the room. Minho was overjoyed to hear what Key and Jonghyun had done.

 

“Are you okay? With Jonghyun and Taemin?” Minho asked suddenly. 

“Yeah. We’re all good.” Key said. “They really love each other and they’re my friends. I’m very happy for them.” He continued. 

“What about you? Are you happy?” Minho asked, very curious about the mysterious love life of his best friend. 

“I am.” Key said, smiling as he thought of Mir. 

“Who is he?” Minho asked. “Do I know him?” 

“Yeah, you do know him.” Key said. 

“Gimme a hint.” Minho demanded. 

“Haven’t you seen Joon tease me about him?” Key asked. Even though he never directly told anyone he was dating Mir, he still thought all of the times Joon about it, s would catch on. 

“Why would Joon tease you?” Minho thought for a moment. “Oh. OH!” He came to realization. “You’re dating Mir aren’t you?!” Minho exclaimed. 

“Neh.” Key said quietly, blushing. 

“So cute.” Minho chuckled to himself. “Don’t you two give each other headaches. You’re a rather loud couple.” Minho said, taking the opportunity to tease Key. 

“Yah! He’s very sweet and loud and loud go well together!” Key defended. 

“I’m happy for you, you know.” Minho said. 

“Thanks.” Key said back. 

 

More silence filled the room. It was a bit more awkward because Minho was thinking whether or not to tell Key about Onew kissing him. Minho kept taking deep breaths as if he was going to say something but then left it. It was annoying Key. 

 

“Just spit it out already! You're breathing like an old man on a powerwalk!” Key said, annoyed, urging Minho to just tell him. 

“Onew hyung...” Minho began. 

“Did he hurt you?! I swear to god I will roundhouse kick him in the face so hard he will...” Key began on an angry rant only to be interrupted by Minho. 

“He kissed me.” Minho whispered. 

“WHAT?!” Key screamed. 

“Shh! Not so loud! He thought I was asleep, probably part of the reason I'm sick.” Minho said, blushing. 

“Did you tell him?” Key asked. 

“No! I don’t know how!” Minho said exasperated. 

“Ahem. Onew hyung, you kissed me the other night and I like you. Let’s get married.” Key said, in his best deep Minho voice, demonstrating what Minho should say. “It’s not that hard, Minho.” Key added. 

“Go away Key! You’re no help!” Minho said as he pouted and turned away from Key. 

“I think sooner than later would be good.” Key said. “It’s all about timing.” 

 

Just then Onew walked into the room. Minho and Key became suddenly quiet, making Onew feel a bit uncomfortable. He felt Minho’s forehead lovingly and ruffled his hair. Key wanted to squeal but he restrained himself. 

“Are you feeling okay? Sorry if we caused your sickness. You worked so hard taking care of us.” Onew apologized, not wanting to stop caressing Minho’s silky soft hair. 

“I’m fine, hyung.” Minho reassured him, his voice cracking due to nervousness. 

“What are you a twelve year old?” Key laughed. 

“Anyway...” Onew said, glaring at Key, not wanting him to insult Minho’s actions which he found so utterly cute. “Some random manager guy wants to see us about something. All five of us. I have no idea what it is. Sorry Minho, but you can rest when we get back.” Onew said. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“...4 day surprise vacations. Anywhere you want to go, it’s your choice. You have to do all the planning yourself, and you will be exploring the way you want to.” The unfamiliar manager said to the five wide-eyed boys. 

“I have to go start researching!” Key said in disbelief as he left the room. Jonghyun followed behind him. 

The other three stayed in shock at the thought that they could go anywhere and do anything not as SHINee, but their own selves. 

 

 

 

A/N: More of a filler chapter but still kinda important. The next one will document their feelings without eachother, their wishes for each other, and other things on their vacations (from shinee one fine day WATCH IT IF YOU HAVENT) hope you enjoyed minho jealousness and minho and key frandshipp~ Sorry for the late update hope to update soon!! Hope you enjoy the gif as well...thought it kind of fit^^ <3