Meet At The Cafe Next To The Big H&M

Please Let It Be With Me

“Neh?” 

“Jjong?”

“Jessica?”

“Hi yeah it’s me~”

“How’s it going?”

“Pretty good. Jjong...I wanted to ask you a question. You seem like the right one to ask.” Jessica sighed. 

“What about?” Jonghyun asked Jessica, confused. 

How should I tell Onew that I like him?”

“...”

“...Jjong. Are you there?” Jessica asked impatiently. 

“Y...yeah.” Jonghyun replied feeling very uncomfortable. 

“So what do you think? You’re best friends. Please Jjong...I really really like him!” Jessica exclaimed. 

 

Jonghyun covered the speaker with his hand and cringed. How the hell was he supposed to tell Jessica that Onew had eyes for Minho and it was mutual but they were still becoming closer? Everyone thought Minho and Onew weren’t even close enough to text each other...let alone like each other, she would never believe it and it would become a huge thing. 

 

“Jess, I gotta go, Minho needs me so yeah. I’ll think on that and let you know soon. Bye!” Jonghyun said frantically as he hung up the phone. 

 

“What do I need you for?” Minho asked Jonghyun. 

“Minho?!” Jonghyun asked spastically. “What are you doing out of your room?” 

“Fine, Appa. I’ll go to bed.” Minho replied sarcastically. “Gosh, I was just getting water. Am I not allowed?” 

“Sorry, Minho. I was using you as an excuse. Jessica was bothering me and I had to hang up.” Jonghyun sighed, as he hopped on the couch.

 

Minho came to sit next to him. 

 

“Jessica....she called you?” Minho asked. 

“Yeah, why?” Jonghyun asked confusedly. 

“Well, she’s been calling Onew hyung a lot...so I don’t know I’m just curious.” Minho said, looking down at his feet. 

“You mean you’re jealous.” Jonghyun corrected him. 

“Wh..” Minho began. 

“Minho, I know you like Onew hyung.” Jonghyun said. “It’s really cute. I approve.” Jonghyun continued, smiling. 


Minho blushed. 

 

“Thanks hyung. I want it to happen as naturally as possible, so I’m getting to know him more and more, but slowly. I am jealous. Both Joon hyung and Jessica, I think might have feelings for Onew hyung and they’re really good for him, so I’m worried.” Minho said. He was happy Jonghyun was listening to him. Usually Minho didn’t pour his feelings and heart out to Jonghyun. It was usually Key, but since Key was ranting and angry about his own love triangle, Minho didn’t want to worry him with his problems too. 

 

“Minho, you know you’re great. So be confident. It’s not very common to have such a talented, sweet, caring, athletic guy buy your side. Just keep doing what your doing and Taemin and I, and Key, are here to help you two out.” Jonghyun said, patting Minho’s shoulder. “Don’t be jealous, because I know you have a special place in Onew’s heart, I mean you guys have known each other a long time and he cares about you. Become closer, pop that question, and stay together forever, neh?” Jonghyun said. Minho smiled and hugged his hyung, surprising the older. 

 

“You’re the best, hyung.” Minho said. 

“I know!” Jonghyun bragged. 

“So, what about you?” Minho asked. 

“What about me?” Jonghyun said, knowing where Minho was going. 

“You know.” Minho pushed. 

“What do you want to know? I’m in a race to win the maknae’s heart against one of my closest friends. I have doubts now. Key is unique in every way and is so fun and exciting and different. Taemin adores Key...” Jonghyun said sadly, putting his head in his hands. 

 

Minho comforted his hyung. Of course Minho didn’t want either of his friends to be heartbroken, and he, as Key’s best friend was going to support Key. But he also was going to be there for Jonghyun. Minho didn’t say anything and just let Jonghyun cry on his shoulder. 

 

Taemin, who was also thirsty, got up and went to the kitchen when he noticed the two sitting on the couch. Jonghyun was crying. 

 

Taemin looked up at Minho and gave a confused, concerned look. Minho gave Taemin a look telling him everything was going to be alright. Taemin nodded and waved tiredly as he walked back to his room. 

 

Minho stayed on the couch with Jonghyun until morning. 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

The next morning, Key woke up with a headache. Key went to the front bathroom where all the medicines were kept behind the bathroom mirror. He popped some pills and washed them down with water. He then brushed his teeth and cleansed his face. Then he went back to his room and checked his phone. There were some texts from a few people. As Key was reading a text he got from Nicole, his phone started to ring. It was from Mir. This surprised Key, as Mir hadn’t called him in about a month due to the MBLAQ tour in South America. 

 

“Neh?” Key said sleepily. 

“Key? Ayo!!!” Mir said loudly. 

“Why are you so loud all the damn time?” Key asked annoyed, but also chuckling. 

“Sorry. Did you just wake up?” Mir asked his friend. 

“Yeah I did. Something you need?” Key asked.

“Uh this is a little awkward. And I feel stupid for being the messenger.” Mir said. 

“What is it?” Key asked, really wanting to know what Mir wanted. 

“Uh so, it’s about Joon hyung. You see, he’s sort of totally in love with Onew.” Mir said. 

“Are you serious?” Key asked, now completely awake and shocked. 

“Yeah. And he didn’t have your number, but he thought you would be a good person to ask what Onew likes to do for fun, because Joon, whenever Onew has free time, wants to take Onew on a date and sort of confess his feelings to him. Should I give you Joon hyung’s number so he can ask you himself?” Mir explained and then asked. 

“Uh...” Key was dumbfounded. There were no words for how shocked he was and how complicated things got. However, Key had no idea this was another layer of complexity in addition to Jessica asking Jonghyun how to confess to the very same leader, since he and Jonghyun really hadn’t been talking lately. 

 

Mir administered Joon’s number before Key could say more and informed Key that Joon would call him later. The phone call ended awkwardly and Key put his phone down. 

 

He went to find Minho who along with Jonghyun, and himself, did not have anything scheduled again that day. 

 

“Aish!” Crash! Shatter! 

 

Key heard a yell from the kitchen and walked into it finding Jonghyun standing angrily over his now cell phone, who’s case had hit the floor and shattered when it was thrown angrily downwards. 

 

“I hope you clean that up.” Key said seriously. 

“Usually you would ask me if I was okay.” Jonghyun retorted. 

“Normally I would, but I don’t really care.” Key snapped back. This hurt Jonghyun. 

“Key, what is up? It’s been weeks and we haven’t talked. You never told me what I did! How am I supposed to know how to fix this?!” Jonghyun exclaimed. 

“You just make me angry sometimes!” Key hissed. 

“That’s not a reason! Did it have something do to with me telling you that I liked Taemin?!” Jonghyun asked, needing an answer. 

“You know what Kim Jonghyun? It did! It pisses me off that of all people YOU like Taemin and it’s just not ing fair. Okay? Are you satisfied with that answer?” Key yelled. 

 

This yelling woke up Minho but he decided it was safer to not even try to go outside his room. They needed to fix this themselves. Minho waited for a little while until the yelling stopped and he fell back into a deep sleep. 

 

“No I’m not! Why are you mad at me liking Taemin?” Jonghyun asked. 

“How can you be so damn thick?” Key asked angrily. 

“Do you like Taemin?” Jonghyun asked, more quietly. He knew the answer all ready. He didn’t know why he was torturing himself. 

“Yeah. I do.” Key said. 

“May the best one win then.” Jonghyun said. 

“What? You’re not...” Key began. 

“Key, you’re my friend. Whoever wins Taemin’s heart wins Taemin’s heart. There’s nothing that we can do. I just hope whatever happens, that we can stay friends.” Jonghyun said, giving a warm half-smile.  

 

Jonghyun, I’ll try my best to not be bitter. But I have a feeling you’re going to win Taemin’s heart. 

 

Key, I hope this doesn’t ruin what we have. 

 

“So um. Why’d you throw your phone?” Key asked, changing the subject. 

“Because I was fed up. Jessica keeps calling me!” Jonghyun complained. 

“About what?” Key asked. 

“She wants to confess to Onew hyung.” Jonghyun said, quietly. 

“ARE YOU ING SERIOUS?!” Key hissed as quietly as possible. 

“Yeah...” Jonghyun said. 

“That’s ed up because, well, Jessica isn’t the only one planning to confess. Joon wants to also. Mir told me and apparently Joon’s gonna come calling me asking for advice.” Key said with exasperation in his voice. 

“Well, ! What do we do?! Onho has to get together!” Jonghyun exclaimed. 

“I know! What did you tell Jessica?” Key asked. 

“Well I keep telling her I’m busy and that I’ll call her back, because I honestly have no idea how to go about this.” Jonghyun explained.

“Joon is going to call soon. Jessica is probably gonna call soon as well.” Key said with an evil smile. 

“What’s then plan?” Jonghyun asked, knowing his friends evil mastermind look. 

“Let’s make those two fall for each other.” Key said cooly. 

“What?! Joon is evidently gay for Onew hyung and Jessica seems to only have eyes for Onew as well! How the hell...” Jonghyun began. 

“Trust me! It’ll work! We just need to get Onew hyung out of their minds. This way those won’t confess, there won’t be broken hearts, they’ll keep their friendships with Onew hyung, and Minho and Onew hyung can ride off into the sunset together. Okay?” Key asked. 

“Fine. What should I tell Jessica?” Jonghyun asked. 

“Call her and tell her the time and place, that cute cafe near the big H&M on Friday would be a good place for her to meet Onew hyung. I’ll tell the same to Joon. They’ll recognize each other and talk for a bit, thinking that Onew hyung will come. Then we can see how they progress from there. They’re both attractive and talented. It’ll be great!” Key reassured Jonghyun. 

“What time should they meet?” Jonghyun asked, not wanting to forget such an important detail. 

“Find out what is a good time on Friday and text it to me, hopefully Joon, now that their tour is over will be free then too.” Key said. 

 

After the plan, or Key’s brain child, as Key referred to it, was hatched, the two set to work. 

 

“Jess! Hey! Sorry about all the waiting! I was so busy the last couple days and my members were needy. I finally thought about it and I have a perfect place! You’re free Friday?” Jonghyun asked Jessica. 

“Neh! Where?” 

“That cafe near the big H&M, the four story one. What time are you free? Onew hyung is open all day.” Jonghyun lied. Actually, only Key and Jonghyun were free on Friday so this in itself was a lie. 

“Is 1 pm good? I have about three hours of free time from 1 until 4. Then were having a birthday party for our manager.” Jessica said. 

“Perfect! I’ll tell Onew hyung!” Jonghyun chirped, hoping Key’s plan would work out. 

 

They hung up and Jonghyun texted the time Jessica was free. Then sure enough, Key was getting a call from Joon. 

 

“Key goon! Mir told you everything right?” Joon asked excitedly. 

“Neh. Seems like you really like Onew hyung. I have a good time and place for you to confess, if you think you and Onew hyung are at that stage.” Key lied. 

“Really?! Great! Lay it on me!” Joon said loudly into the phone. 

“Yeah. 1 pm. This Friday. Cafe next to the big H&M, you in?” Key asked. 

“Yeah! Totally free! Thanks Key for helping me on this. I owe you one.” Joon said happily. 

“In that case, tell Cheongdoonggie that he has to stop buying the same shoes as me and tell Mir to take me out to lunch soon.” Key demanded, taking up Joon’s I-owe-you-one claim. 

“Okay I will. Bye Key! Gotta go~” Joon said. 


They hung up. 

 

Key walked back to the kitchen. Jonghyun was there. 

 

“So...” Key broke the silence. 

“We’re definitely using our day off to stalk them and make sure that things go well.” Jonghyun said, knowing exactly what Key was thinking. 

“Obviously.” Key replied, smirking with the feeling of satisfaction in his system. He was pleased with himself to say the least. 

 

A/N: Key is an evil genis mwahahaha! Jonghyun and Key are now going to idol stalk xD Thanks for all the comments and love~ Did you think Jonghyun was actually gonna help Jessica out to confess to Onew? Naw! Onew and Jjong are besties for liiife and perfect Onho is perfect. Joonsica...

 

Love you guys <3