Yes To You And Everything Else

Please Let It Be With Me

Onew was waiting in the large wing at stage right while Minho was waiting in the wing on stage left. Nothing but an expanse of empty stage separated Onew and Minho. On the dark stage, after Key and Taemin’s performance, all that was left on the stage were two microphone stands, three stools, and a guitar case. 

 

Jonghyun, who had seen a stage hand bring out the guitar had a feeling right away what song the two were going to sing. 

 

Before the song began, Minho and Onew decided to speak to the fans from offstage. The song they were singing was written by Jonghyun himself and was sung by all five of them on the Sherlock album. It was also written as a song for the fans and all the support and love they give to the five shining boys, however, deep down, Onew and Minho were really singing this song to each other. 

 

Minho began speaking, and the fans went insane hearing his low, soothing voice, coming from nowhere. His voice never failed to give Onew shivers as well. 

 

“Honesty is apart of being loyal and true.” Minho said into the microphone, the words he was saying appeared on the large screen so all the fans could see. The other three members looked at each other, surprised at what song they knew Onew and Minho were about to sing. 

 

Key and Taemin stayed on Onew’s side of the stage, in the wing with him, while Jonghyun went on the other side to calm Minho’s nerves. It wasn’t performing, it was performing with Onew that made him nervous. 

 

“Oh my god!” Key exclaimed. 

“They’re singing this?!” Taemin said, jumping up and down with Key. 

 

“Onho, man.” Jonghyun said quietly to himself, beaming, almost crying from happiness.

 

“For five incredible years, you have been loyal, true, and honest about your feelings towards us, and for that we are forever grateful to have fans, a SHINee World, like you.” Minho continued. 

 

It was now Onew’s turn to speak, his silky smooth voice making Minho smile like an idiot and all the fans scream. “We hope you enjoy our rendition of this beloved song. We mean every word of it. Thank you.” Onew said, more directing that at Minho, in his mind. 

 

Onew then began to speak again, something that was not planned, that Minho didn’t know about either. Only the manager knew. “We would like to have the lyricist of this song to come and accompany us on the guitar.” Onew said. Key and Taemin were shocked. Jonghyun, even more so. He looked at Minho, confused. 

 

“Minho, you want me to play guitar for your duet?” Jonghyun asked, wanting to cry from the feels. This meant so much to him. 

“Yeah hyung. Who else?” Minho said smiling back. 

 

The stage stayed dark as three figures came onstage, meeting in the middle where the stands and stools were placed. One very tall figure, one in the middle, and one visibly shorter one. It was completely silent in the arena. 

 

Minho sat at his stool, breathless. Onew sat at his stool next to Minho and he looked over at his crush. Minho smiled nervously at Onew. Onew took his hand and squeezed it. 

 

Jonghyun, before reaching his stool gathered Onew and Minho into a hug. 

 

“I love you guys.” Jonghyun whispered. 

 

He then sat down, got himself ready, and as soon as Onew counted to three, and the guitar began, the lights came on, revealing the three shining boys. Jonghyun, for the first time being onstage, didn’t sing, but he just listened to the individual voices of Minho and Onew, both very different, and how when they came in together to form harmonies, they were perfect and unique. 

 

I wake up and open my sleepy eyes
It’ll be tomorrow in a little bit
I feel bad for letting the day pass by so fast
I swallow sand

Onew began the song, his light, beautiful, silky smooth voice ringing out clearly, making Minho feel like he could forget every worry in the world. 

 Time passes by hectically
Will we get so used to our fluttering feelings
That we’ll feel them as a definite thing?
I’m sad over pointless worries

Minho’s singing voice, very different from his rapping voice, was smooth, full, and was so clear. This was the first time he had been so close to Minho, hearing him sing by himself. His voice was like a comforting hug.

 Infrequent greetings
Actions that scarred softly
I didn’t mean to hurt you
I’m always sorry

Onew and Minho, stole glances at each other, while Onew sang this apologetic verse. He was singing for Minho, trying to convey his regret and guilt of not being there for Minho the way he should have been, for being too distant, not having enough contact, not knowing much about him. 

Because you’ve always been there to protect me
Because you’ve taken the criticism that I should receive
You have shielded me without a word and now
I will reflect you like a mirror

Minho on the other hand, sang the first corus to show how much he appreciated Onew for being the best leader, such a caring hyung, such a sweet and healing soul, for being a close friend as of late, for being the one with all the burdens of their mistakes, for being a protector and a savior to all of the members. 

Rewind the film of our memories
To the day we first met
My heart pounded, I couldn’t hide my tears
They overflowed as much as I was grateful

Onew sang this verse, remembering when he first met, the shy, quiet, gangly Minho. Onew remembered how surprisingly silly Minho could be at times, how much Minho missed his older brother, how nervous he had been before their very first performance. But then he also remembered his first time realizing his love for Minho. How his heart pounded in his rib cage, how happy he had been when he was able to model with Minho and then go out for bubble tea afterwards, how lucky he was to have celebrated their birthdays together, how lucky he was to have gotten to know Choi Minho. 

You understood me better than myself
When I was on the verge of breaking down
Seeing you having a harder time than I did
Made me cry like a child

This verse, made Minho think about all the struggles the group had and how he knew that Onew would go to a different floor, or the bathroom to cry by himself when he made mistakes in singing or dancing. Seeing Onew upset, made him upset. 

There’s a connection in our relationship
A huge one that I can’t explain in word

Our conversations, piled with memories
Continue on today

Onew reflected on all the good times he had been having with Minho recently after becoming closer with him. 

Because you’ve always been there to protect me
Because you’ve taken the criticism that I should receive
You have shielded me without a word and now
I will reflect you like a mirror

And Onew sang the chorus thinking how Minho was such a blessing in his life. 

Because you’ve always been there to protect me
Because you’ve taken the criticism that I should receive
You have shielded me without a word and now
I will hold you

Harmonies. Beautiful harmonies, blending into each other. Jonghyun almost couldn’t believe how incredibly amazing they sounded. 

When it becomes tiring and I want to give up
When I am weak and I want to run away
Your small hand becomes my biggest strength
For the rest of my life, I’ll sing a song for you

You have always been there
Believing in me and protecting me
I’ll convey this song of appreciation

At the end of this very long connection
At the end of this train stop, unaware of where it’ll reach
We learn as we go on and feel many things
I’m always late at expressing my emotions

Here came Minho’s quiet rap part, that almost made Onew burst at the seams with the emotions he was feeling. He had no words to describe how talented Minho was and how amazing their duet turned out. 

You won’t be forgotten in my heart, right?
You’ll remain in my eyes as you 
smile, right?
If my 
joy can become your happiness
I’ll be thankful

The applause was insane and loud and booming. Minho could barely stand up to take his bow. Onew interlaced his fingers, yet again, with Minho’s and helped him stand, the blood in his veins pumping almost painfully, the rush of adrenaline and emotions almost too overwhelming for the two. Both were on the verge of tears. So were the fans who were snapping infinite photos of Onho's cuteness and chemistry onstage. 

Jonghyun was sobbing, as was Key. Even Taemin and the manager teared up. 

“Yes. You two. Yes.” Jonghyun said sobbing happy tears, so proud of them, so happy for them. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After the concert was over and Key congratulated Minho and Onew over and over again, he received a text. It was from Mir. 

Kim Kibum...if i told u something crazy, would u freak out?

Key didn’t want to see it on his screen, he wanted to hear it. He called Mir, hoping he would pick up. 

Ring ring! 

“Key?”

“Neh. What is so crazy?” Key urged. 

“Will you freak out?” Mir asked, making Key smile. 

“Maybe.” Key said, trying to slow his heartbeat. 

“Someday, we all have to do something crazy or we’ll explode. I’m going to tell you something and all you have to do is give me a yes or a no in response. I don’t want to wait for you to think about it, because hopefully you already have.” Mir said, surprising Key with his seriousness. 

“...go on...” Key said nervously. 

What the...is he gonna...

“I love you. How do you feel about me?” Mir asked. 

He...loves me?

“Yes, or no?” Mir asked. Key didn’t know what to say, considering it wasn’t a yes or no question. 

“W...what?” Key stuttered. 

“Oh now you shut up? That’s a first.” Mir commented. “Yes, or no?” 

Yes. Yes. Yes. I know now. I love you too Mir.

“Yes.” Key said, heart pumping. 

“It’s not a yes or no question you know...” Mir began. 

“I know. But yes to you and everything else.” Key said, smiling. 

“Good.” Mir said, making Key’s heart and body feel lighter and warmer than ever. 

 

A/N: Hope you enjoy^^ This one means a lot to me <3 sorry it took so long and sorry for leaving you with a cliffhanger in the last chappie :DD Also i didn't go right out and tell you the song theyre singing but it's obvious. It is one of my favorite songs <3 I love this gif though. Onho: dorks but dorks together <333