One Fine Day

Please Let It Be With Me

“Everyone! Listen up!” Jonghyun yelled as he walked into the dorm. No one answered. Jonghyun pouted and walked into the living space. 

 

“I know where I’m going on vacation!” He announced, hoping for a reaction. 

 

Minho was playing FIFA with Onew while Key was trying to teach Comme Des a trick. Taemin knew for a fact that no one would answer because the other three loved being cruel to Jonghyun so he, as Jonghyun’s boyrfriend decided to respond. 

 

“Where are you planning on going, hyung?” Taemin asked sweetly. Jonghyun turned and smiled at him. 

“I’m going to Japan!” He sang happily. 

“We work there. You sure you don’t wanna go somewhere different?” Key asked. 

“Nah. I love it there, plus I haven’t gotten to know it as a tourist.” Jonghyun explained. “Anyone else know where their going?” Jonghyun asked the rest of them. “Minho, you look like you know.” 

“England.” Minho answered, smiling. Onew thought he never looked cuter. 

“Are you ing kidding me?!” Key exclaimed. 

“What?” Minho asked, confused. 

“That’s where I’m going too! London exclusively though.” Key said, wanting his place to be unique. “What the hell are you going to do in England?” Key asked Minho. 

“Football!” Minho yelled excitedly.

 

Taemin, Jonghyun, and Key all rolled their eyes at football star Minho. Besides performing, SHINee, his family, and Onew there was not much more important than football in the mind of Choi Minho.

 

 “And Key...you better not follow me around in London. We’re gonna fly together and then we separate from there.” Minho said, very much enjoying teasing Key. 

 

“You better go research what games are going on.” Onew advised, happy that Minho was excited for his trip. Minho nodded and began searching on his phone. 

“What about you Onew hyung?” Jonghyun asked.

“My objective for this vacation is to heal and be in warm weather. I’m thinking Thailand...specifically Krabi.” Onew said. Minho deflated a bit at this statement. 

 

Why can’t Onew hyung come to England?

 

“Full out tropical paradise for Onew hyung!” Taemin sang. 

"What about you Taeminnie?” Onew asked. 

“Switzerland.” Taemin said casually. 

“What?!” Jonghyun gasped. “So far away from me?!” 

“I’m going far away too and I didn’t get a reaction like that.” Minho pouted jokingly. 

“Well I just don’t like you so.” Jonghyun teased back. 

“Yah! You all are going where you want to, so I’m going to where I want to. Switzerland has lots of extreme sports that I wanna try, plus it’s very snowy and pretty this time of year.” Taemin defended. 

“What kind of extreme sports do you plan on doing, young man?” Key, forever the worried umma, asked. 

“Skiing, paragliding...” Taemin said, watching as the others’ eyes grew wider in fear and worry. “...but mostly skydiving.” Taemin whispered the last word, worried for the reactions he would get. 

“What was that Tae?” Jonghyun asked impatiently. 

“SKYDIVING!” Taemin yelled. 

 

There was a lot of commotion after Taemin revealed his big plan. Key started to list all of the things that could go wrong, Jonghyun held him so tight Taemin thought he would pass out from carbon dioxide build up, and Minho and Onew joked about how Taemin could only prove to be a man by jumping out of a plane and began to call him Taeman. Taemin was pretty angry but eased up a bit when Key offered to make dinner. 

 

The rest of the night was spent playing boardgames. While Taemin and Onew played with class and a sense of calmness, spastic Jonghyun, diva Key, and sore-loser Minho all played with such intensity, that each game that was played ended with one of them flipping the board and complaining that one of the others cheated. Everyone cooled down eventually and then they all went to bed. The next day, a camera crew was coming in to film the packing process, as their vacations were going to be broadcasted. 

 

The next morning the camera crew came into the spacious SHINee apartment. All of the members had their suitcases out. Key had brought out a whole rack of clothes from his closet to pick and choose from. The boys tried to be funny as well. Minho took over the filming and filmed Jonghyun act like he was going to rabidly read on his vacation even though Jonghyun probably had not read since high school. Key then took over the camera and filmed Minho pack his very extensive collection of scarves and long black stalker coats. Taemin and Onew then joined in on the fun by pretending to pack large items from around the house including speakers, their massage chair, a trashcan...etc. Then Onew took over the camera to film Taemin putting his boxers into his suitcase. It was a lot of hectic, loud fun. In two days, the boy’s vacations began. 

 

Two days had passed and they went their separate ways to their gates in the airport. Jonghyun kissed Taemin goodbye and Key hugged all of them except Minho,  who he could annoy for a long time on their shared plane ride. Onew hugged all of them and felt himself about to explode when he was embraced by Minho. Then, Taemin, who was very late already ran to his gate. Minho and Key walked to their gate and Jonghyun and Onew bro hugged one last time and went their own ways. 

 

On his flight to Japan, Jonghyun already began to miss Taemin. For Jonghyun, Japan was a really sentimental place full of memories with his four other best friends. Jonghyun wasn’t sure if he could handle all of the emotions as he wandered the streets not as SHINee, but simply Kim Jonghyun. He knew it would be hard to contain himself, but this was to be broadcasted, so he didn’t want to be too emotional. 

 

On Onew’s flight, he realized how much he hadn’t been paying attention. He hadn’t paid attention to how Jonghyun felt about Taemin, he hadn’t paid attention to how depressed Key had been, he had been oblivious to Taemin’s process of growing up until it truly became noticeable, he had almost, not purposefully however, ignored Minho, and he never paid attention to himself. His dark circles and bags needed to be hidden by large glasses and his pain and sadness was always hidden by a smile. He needed to heal his mind and body. 

 

Taemin, on his flight was excited and nervous to be without s. He wouldn’t be treated like a baby and would have his freedom, but he also wouldn’t have Onew’s bad jokes, Jonghyun’s loving embrace, Key’s motherly nagging, and Minho’s brotherly presence. While he would only be away from them for a few days, it still felt like forever. 

 

Whenever Key and Minho weren’t fighting on their fight, they were sleeping, taking self cam videos, or thinking about their love lives. Minho thought about becoming brave and energized while in England. He wanted to fulfill his happiness by watching football games and he wanted to try everything that he could, no matter how childish, so he could come back with new energy. He also wanted to speak to a lot of people and gain confidence so he could be brave in front of Onew. Key, wanted to shop, speak English, and live the very different European lifestyle. Key wanted vacation, he wanted to be loud and crazy without being shushed, he wanted to choose what to eat freely and shop without anyone else telling him it was enough. He, like Taemin, wanted freedom. 

 

During their trips, Key tried to follow Minho everywhere and Minho tried to get rid of Key. Minho went to watch two very exciting matches and even got to high five his favorite player. Key ate the European food that he loved so much. Jonghyun traveled around eating everything he saw and playing with every puppy he laid his eyes on. Onew swam and ate lots of food as well. Taemin skydived and paraglided. He played in the snow like a child and ate a ton of meat. Jonghyun took lots of selcas and went to a hot spring. Taemin and Onew went to hot springs as well. Onew slept in everyday. Minho and Key ended up meeting after all and ice skated and had a monster of a pizza big enough to eat them. Jonghyun wished for the health of s and cried when he looked out over the stadium that they had their first Japanese concert at. Onew sang in the sun and bought gifts for his family. Taemin got happily drunk on warm wine. Key shopped more than he should have and drank more coffee than he should have. They all missed each other and wondered what the others could be doing. 

 

Luckily, it was being recorded, so they could all watch Taemin skydive, Jonghyun eat five times his body weight, Minho get spotted in the crowd of thousands of fans at a football match and make the news immediately, Key dye his hair pink, and Onew sing a song about toast

 

When they were back home and rested, they wanted to eat snacks and watch the episodes. Jonghyun had picked up all sorts of snacks: Taemin’s banana milk, dried squid for himself and Key, and potato chips for Minho and Onew. At the part in Episode 2 when Onew began to sing his ultra-cute song about Toast, all of the members rolled their eyes and teased Onew, but Minho just smiled and tried not to giggle like a crazed fan. 

 

Key, Jonghyun, and Taemin had all seen them being still shy around each other. The three of them had had enough. Without words and just eye contact, Taemin got up and went to the front closet. Key and Jonghyun went to their positions. The other two didn’t seem to notice that everyone else was gone. Taemin began to pretend to need the shoe box on the top shelf in the closet. He wasn’t that much shorter than Minho, but it was apart of the plan. 

 

“Minho hyung! Help me!” Taemin pleaded. 

“What is it Taemin?” Minho asked, mad that he was missing part of an episode. 

“Can you get me that shoe box?” Taemin asked, pointing to it. 

“Why?” Minho asked

“I need it.” Taemin said, not even bothering to make up a good lie. 

“Fine.” 

 

The conversation went like this and Taemin began humming to signal Jonghyun. With all of his manly muscular power, Jonghynun basically took a running start and pushed the poor Minho into the closet. 

 

“Wh..Yah! Get me out of here!” Minho screamed. 

“Why did you lock him in there?” Onew asked. 

“Why don’t you ask him?” Key said as Taemin opened the door and Jonghyun shoved the leader inside the closet as well. 

 

Then they dragged a bunch of things from around the dorm to block the door. 

 

“Don’t come out until you two get some guts!” Key yelled 

 

Minho and Onew blushed and sighed, not knowing what to do in this situation. 

 

“Hyung...” Minho began. 

“Y...yes?” Onew asked nervously. 

“You...um...kissed me the other night, you know...” 

 

A/N: Oiiii What will happen next?! hope you enjoyed^^ comment if u wanna predict what happens next. thanks for reading^^ No gif for the chapter yet because my internet is being a cranky old man~